N.P. Hotel
founder
Posted by Terrie Lepkowski (+5) 21 years ago
My grandmother Rachel Downing Swalm owned the N.P. Hotel after 1924. I was in Miles City for a day August 12, 2001 and tried to find the hotel which according to my sister was on Fort Street. Unfortunatly I couldn't locate anything that was close to what was described. My mother said it was across the street from the park. I was wondering if anyone would know where it is or if it has been torn down. My grandfather Charlie Swalm owned a garage until his death in 1939 which was I believe was within walking distance to the hotel.

Thanks for any information, Terrie
founder
Posted by David Schott (+18391) 21 years ago
That location sounds about right -- I'm thinking the southeast corner of the intersection of Fort and 5th Street. Larry Antram has an old photo of a parade going down Bridge Street and you can see the N.P. Hotel in the background of that photo. I thought that photo was posted here on milescity.com but I don't see it. Maybe Larry can post it for you to see. I'm not sure what's at the location today... maybe the Park Apartments or something like that?

- Dave
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10023) 21 years ago
I do remember the photo. It was posted on the old MilesCity.com web site -- back about 1997 or 1998???.

I just went and looked for it. But unfortunately (or in some cases fortunately) I've got boxes upon boxes of old stuff. And I couldn't find it. It is not lost though. Just misplaced somewhere. I will keep an eye out for it.

In the meantime, perhaps there is useful information listed in "This Last West" by Lorman L. Hoopes?

Regards, Larry

[This message has been edited by Larry Antram (edited 9/9/2001).]
Posted by Arthur Vautour (+8) 19 years ago
Terrie
We see that you responded to Alan Macnab about the Macnabs of Eklaka in Mar 0f 2001 - We sent you an update but not sure if your mail address is current so just setting this up incase you need some additional information about my graddad.
Art Vautour