riggs camera and gift
Posted by alan clark (+10) 8 years ago
im from out of state but come with my brother and friend every year to the bucking horse sale , always a great time , but was really surprised a couple of yrs ago to find my favorite store riggs camera and gift gone , did they just retire , was business bad , I loved that place!!
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1432) 8 years ago
Greeting cards, no matter how beautiful and varied, in this day of email and e-cards, combined with film processing and camera sales (again, no matter how fine the film cameras were)... hard to compete in this digital age.

They said their farewells a few years ago. I don't think it was any single thing but just a "perfect storm" unfortunately that made too much of their core business untenable one year to the next when trying to compete with newer technology/products that replaced the old, beloved ones, and in a micro-cosm of Miles City... you don't have a lot of wiggle room to make things work against volume-discount/online sellers.
Posted by alan clark (+10) 8 years ago
loved all their rodeo pictures and historical pictures , I will sure miss that place!!