More Republicans Prefer The Affordable Care Act
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10013) 8 years ago
Kos Media wrote:
When Fox News commissioned a poll Sept. 6-9 on whether people liked the Affordable Care Act -- and if they liked Obamacare, hilarity ensued.

It turns out that Republican support for the Affordable Care Act is 57 percent greater than it is for Obamacare. These guys are on top of this issue, needless to say.

Meanwhile, Democrats barely budged on the two questions, apparently being reasonably informed. Support for the Affordable Care Act jumped only 1 percentage point.

The survey was apparently conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R). The poll was conducted by telephone with live interviewers September 6-8, 2013, among a random national sample of 900 registered voters.

http://www.dailykos.com/s...-to-choose
Posted by Steve Sullivan (+1390) 8 years ago
That's so disgustingly funny, I kind of went in my pants just a little.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+791) 8 years ago
And yet the House is trying to shut down the government once again Trying to cut Obama care from the budget. As my old pedicurist use to say. Ay ya yi ya yi.
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1379) 8 years ago
Be interesting if a budget bill was passed, which funded the government until Jan 1 while a compromise was sought on the mandatory health insurance funding...... then around Jan 1, another bill was passed which funded the government until April 1 while a compromise was sought on the mandatory health insurance funding... etc

Also interesting as to how Sen Baucus will vote since he is not too happy with the health insurance bill.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+791) 8 years ago
Also interesting that Senator Baucus is unhappy with it. Since he was the chair of the committee that shut out the single payer option from consideration IN DEVELOPING THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT..
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17439) 8 years ago
"...

Baucus told POLITICO in an interview Tuesday that he will "totally stand by" the health law.

"If we had not adopted the ACA, health care costs would be going up at a greater rate," Baucus said. "My basic view is you gotta do what's right."

He added that he still believes that if you do what's right, the public will eventually support you, even if it takes a long time. "That's my view of health care reform," he said.

The retirement announcement comes less than a week after Baucus got blowback from fellow Democrats after he said the health reform law risks becoming a "huge train wreck" if the Obama administration doesn't set it up and administer it properly.

Baucus told POLITICO that he "probably misspoke."

"That was interpreted as meaning I thought the bill was a train wreck. It's not a train wreck. I was not referring to the bill. I was referring to if we don't implement this thing correctly, then it's going to be a train wreck."

He said he spoke with Obama's chief of staff "a couple times" since then on implementation.

But the "train wreck" comment became news. Later that same day, he got another barrage of criticism for being one of four Senate Democrats who helped sink universal background checks on the gun bill, a priority of President Barack Obama.

..."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/s...z2fdxVrHe6
Posted by ShaneF (+93) 8 years ago
Nice! Now I don't feel so bad for not understanding it. Or them

Hey, do you think if they relabeled NASCAR something like OBAMACAR people would stop watching auto racing?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17668) 8 years ago
Good one, Shane!

If I were a voter who voted for a Tea Party congressman, I would be so ashamed at myself, on how I have contributed to the downfall of America, I would not be able to show my tricone hat in public.

I would wear a sombrero instead, as all I did was to make Mexico more powerful. Way to go Tea Party!