City Council Budget Discussion
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1911) 8 years ago
The final chance for the public to comment on cutting animal control and the police department secretary, among other issues, is tonight. There are a lot of resolutions on the budget but most them are housekeeping and shouldn't take too long to discuss.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2542) 8 years ago
According to the Agenda, there doesn't seem to be any "discussion" (unless it's under the Public Comment Section). The Budget is listed as an actual Resolution to Vote on the FINAL BUDGET.

Not seeing much room for comment or change or solutions... Am I missing something?

EDIT: correct information located, see below.

Public may speak during "Request of Citizens", #3 on the Agenda.
AND
Public may speak during "Public Hearing", Action Item #10,M on the Agenda (Resolution 3616).

The Council will vote on adoption of the Final Budget under "New Business", Action item A, Resolution 3616 Approving the Final Budget.

The full Agenda can be found Here: http://milescity-mt.org/w...3-0827.pdf

[This message has been edited by Hannah Nash (8/27/2013)]
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1911) 8 years ago
Let the public speak!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 8 years ago
This says it all!

Posted by Jade S (+147) 8 years ago
Richard-

Just pretend there is a 'Like'button and I just wore it out.
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+758) 8 years ago
Posted by snickers (+826) 8 years ago
I had to leave early to care for a critter but according to my sources The Animal Control Officer was kept at full time like it should be
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17732) 8 years ago
What about Butch's health insurance? Is Butch gonna get Obamacare?
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+792) 8 years ago
Inquiring minds want to know!!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 8 years ago
snickers wrote:
I had to leave early to care for a critter but according to my sources The Animal Control Officer was kept at full time like it should be

Yes, but as I understand it is being funded from reserves, not as part of the regular budget.