Just curious.
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1500) 8 years ago
What has opened in the Rigg's Camera and Gift building? I could not see much more than the glowing telephone number when driving by last evening.
Posted by junebug (+46) 8 years ago
Also wondering what they are building on North Haynes east side? Looks like a big project. Lots of storm drains being put in.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17052) 8 years ago
I don't know about the Riggs building but the project on N. Haynes Ave. is most likely the new National Guard Armory:

http://milescity.com/foru...pid=310613
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2706) 8 years ago
The east side of the Rigg's building is now Montana Beauty Supply.
Posted by Jesse Smith (+423) 8 years ago
As long as we're on the subject, does anyone know what they are doing on the north side of the interstate around mile marker 152 (if I remember correctly). We've been watching them work there as we drive by for months but can't figure what they are doing.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17052) 8 years ago
Jesse, it could be this "slide repair" project mentioned here:

PROJECT DESCRIPTION(S) [102]
IM-ER 94-4(85)151 - Slope stabilization, drainage, and fencing on the Slide Repair-E of Miles City/MT11-1 project located in Custer County. The project is located at 2 sites along Interstate Route 94 at RP 151.8 to RP 152.0 and at RP 154.0 to RP 154.1.

STPP-ER 2-1(60)20 - Slope stabilization on the Slide Repair-20 miles E of Miles City/MT11-1 project located in Custer County. The project is located on State Primary Route 2/US12 at RP 20.1 to RP 20.2.

2. PROJECT DESIGNATION [102]
The project designations on the title sheets have been changed to reflect the addition of IM and STPP funds. Slide Repair-E of Miles City/MT11-1 is now IM-ER 94-4(85)151 and Slide Repair-20M E of Miles City/MT11-1 is now STPP-ER 2-1(60)0. The project designation will not be changed on the remaining plan sheets.

3. CONTRACT TIME [108] (REVISED 1-20-10)
The work begins on the effective date stated in the "Notice to Proceed" and is to be completed in 100 Working Days.

ftp://ftp.mdt.mt.gov/cont...OPOSAL.PDF
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1500) 8 years ago
Again just curious, as to the 'massive' amount of soil that is being placed in the area for the National Guard Armory. That pile is getting pretty tall. Any suggestions on why so much fill?
Posted by Billie Deutscher (+32) 8 years ago
I heard the Mt. Beauty College in one side of Riggs and MT. Beauty Supply in the other side
I heard the the new armory is going in on Haynes ave.
Posted by JMinow (+37) 8 years ago
The pile of dirt at the new armory location is a special "soils test" that is required by the state. It measures how much the soils will solidify and settle. I think the test has to run, undisturbed, for 30 days. It is a huge jobsite, and I'm sure they won't have a problem using all that dirt.
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1917) 8 years ago
We have been trying for weeks to find out why the mountain is being built at the new Armory site. Could you tell me who your source is and how we can get in touch with them?