Benevolent Despot
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15015) 7 years ago
Contrary to popular belief, I am not the total a-hole that many of you think I am.

As the new tournament host of the official Miles City Dot Com trivia game (which can be played here):

http://www.funtrivia.com/...?tid=95583

I plan to change "Religion" on Fridays to something less science fictionish. I seek input from players on what they would like to replace it with.

My other plan is to up History on Wednesday from Intermediate to Advanced. I can't imagine there will be any objections to that.

Any other suggestions, please post them here. I will give all equal consideration (except for Richard).

Thank you all in advance.
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+762) 7 years ago
Rock and Roll Trivia is always fun. But religion is okay, hell, I'm not even in a cult and I can take second place. LOL
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6175) 7 years ago
If you include a music category I may deign to return to your little game.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14303) 7 years ago
Benevolent Despot wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, I am not the total a-hole that many of you think I am.

and then...

I plan to change "Religion" on Fridays to something less science fictionish. I seek input from players on what they would like to replace it with.

Any other suggestions, please post them here. I will give all equal consideration except for Richard).

Really??? You're not very convincing.

On the other hand, I am growing weary of kicking your sorry benevolent despot ass every Friday with my vast knowledge of religion. And I concur with your sentiments about it being "science fictionish". Change is good...

Do they have a fill in the punchline for your favorite feghoot category? It also might be fun to kick Wendy's ass for a while with a 60's-70's-80's country music category.

:ducking:
supporter
Posted by Ingird Emilsson (+199) 7 years ago
Definitely dump Religion. Also World Trivia can go. A music category would be nice. Though all the questions would be about who won Eurovision.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15015) 6 years ago
I am about sick of Music, as I don't know any Britney Spears lyrics.

I am thinking about changing to Geography at the end of the month.

Any comments?

Also, remember, mc.com trivia can be played daily here:

http://www.funtrivia.com/...?tid=95583
Posted by heimer (+107) 6 years ago
I didn't know that you espoused a science fiction religion, Gunnar. My suggestion is that you become Amish.
supporter
My secret's out!

Posted by Left_in_1954 (+9) 6 years ago
Definitely replace music with something that is realistically challenging. I suggest a literature quiz. I also suggest that a new scoring system be instituted that handicaps anyone ( without naming names, but we all know who they are) who has been the higher monthly scorer three or more times.
supporter
Okay, I have changed Music to Literature.

I'm afraid the administrative settings do not allow handicapping, Left in 1954. And unfortunately, changing from Music to Literature is going to give my sister another advantage over us.
supporter
...and it appears from the scores on the quiz today, we have a new monthly champion, Old Tiger, who, while being consistently been in the top 10 in the past few months, has never been the monthly winner.

Congratulations, Old Tiger!

Ln57, with the new category, I believe you are poised to get your first number 1, after reviewing the last year's scores.

I think we are set this month in categories. To keep this alive, post any suggestions for changes here on mc.com, and we will let the collective debate over their merits.