Who wants to jam?
Posted by ShaneF (+87) 8 years ago
I might be posting this in the wrong place, but.... Does anyone want to jam with me? I play bass, guitar, voice, etc. Any open mike nights around here?
supporter
Posted by Lincoln (+148) 8 years ago
Would love to send my man to an open mike!

if they don't have them here- someone needs to start one.
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1917) 8 years ago
They used to have a regular open mike but people who were willing to show up and play weren't wiling to show up to set up or take down. People who did the set up and take down got a bit tired of it after a while.

I like strawberry jam, myself.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3677) 8 years ago
Shane,

During the summer months, Veterans Park on Main Street is a great place to set up and Jam. There is even electricity that can be arranged through the city. Don't let your idea die. It does take a lot of work but MC needs a place for local talent to perform and grow.

Paid venues have a place but every musician that gets paid for performing, started someplace.

Be prepared though. Your friends will be excited and willing at the onset but most will fall along the wayside. Hopefully, if you are fortunate, a handful of dedicated individuals will stick with you.

I wish you every success with this endeavor. There are talented people in custer county. You should try and find them an furnish them a place to find.

Advice I would offer, for what it is worth; Don't make it exclusionary. Welcome all skill levels, all genres and encourage new people to participate.
Posted by ShaneF (+87) 8 years ago
Okay, so Veteran's Park sounds good, as does the gazebo in the park near the River. Anyone know who I would contact to get permission to do a thing at either one of these venues?