Wibaux Park & Froggy Pool
Posted by Levi S (+48) 9 years ago
Does anyone know when they are opening the froggy pool at Wibaux Park? Who can I call to get the info?
Posted by Steve Allison (+983) 9 years ago
It was been open for about a week.
supporter
Posted by tom regan (+2996) 9 years ago
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12372) 9 years ago
The Wibaux Park pool used to be terrible but now it is treated and water changed regularly. I'm sure there is still fecal matter because, you know, living animals are in the area, but not as bad as some people think. The City has been balancing chemicals in both pools the last few days but owing to the weather, they haven't officially opened. When the weather warms up, as it is supposed to, I imagine the pools will be busy again.

And if you are worried about fecal matter, remember that Spotted Eagle is filled with water that drains out of a fish hatchery and what do thousands of fish do in the water?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+18248) 9 years ago
Tommy is just a tad hungover from drinking too much Centennial IPA last weekend.
supporter
Posted by tom regan (+2996) 9 years ago
Thanks Gunnar. That was some tasty beer. What was the ABV and IBU's? It sure did pack a punch. There are some bombers filled with quality Colorado beers are headed your way.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1439) 9 years ago
...fish hatchery and what do thousands of fish do in the water?

It's a hatchery - they're baby fish. Aren't they all wearing little diapers?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15369) 9 years ago
Halibut in a huggie?
Posted by Forsyth Mike (+484) 9 years ago
I saw some study somewhere on the internet (meaning it must be true) that said 65% of all people in pools have "some" fecal matter on their body. Meaning they don't clean themselves up 100% after pooping, and this stuff dissolves and winds up in the pool.

I can only imagine the amount of vile crud that must be suspended in ocean water, yet millions of people swim in the oceans and don't give it a second thought.

It's like germs on public door handles....better to just trust your immune system and not worry about it.

[This message has been edited by Forsyth Mike (6/6/2013)]
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+18248) 9 years ago
That beer was a clone of Bell's Two Hearted Ale. The recipe is here.

http://seanterrill.com/wp...IPA-18.pdf
Posted by BigDryBug (+65) 9 years ago
Gunnar,

Very good Brew. It certainly enhanced watching the Rockies trounce the Dodgers last Sunday....
dave