Top song when YOU were Concieved!
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+673) 8 years ago
Was on a long road trip listening to XM Radio.. when the dj had mentioned that he was surfing the net and decided to find out and listen to the song that was the top song when he was BORN. He then took it farther, and decided to find out the top song when he was CONCEIVED!
Lots of funny call ins with listener's conception song.

Basically, for ease of use, take your birth date, subtract nine months, and tell us your Conception Song!

What were YOUR parents getting it on to when your cells began to divide?

Mine: http://www.youtube.com/wa...DdI7GhZSQA
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 8 years ago
I am certain it was this:

Posted by Chief No Talk (+11) 8 years ago
Why does mine have to be "All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth"?
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1500) 8 years ago
Chattanooga Choo Choo
Posted by MLW (+191) 8 years ago
Okay, you can't make this stuff up! Mine was "Physical" by Olivia Newton- John.....Hahahahaha!!!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 8 years ago
My true story by the Jive Five.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2705) 8 years ago
I Can't Get No (Satisfaction) Rolling Stones
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2042) 8 years ago
Heartaches by Ted Weems

[This message has been edited by Tom Masa (5/6/2013)]
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17044) 8 years ago
Whoops, I missed the "conceived" part and listed the #1 song on my birthday. "Happy Together" would have been a good one for conception.

Ironically the correct song for my conception date is:

"Strangers in the Night" by Frank Sinatra

"Happy Together" by The Turtles

This Day in Music: Birthday #1

[This message has been edited by David Schott (5/6/2013)]
Posted by Wendy Branum (+57) 8 years ago
Elvis - Its Now or Never. Michael by the Highwaymen on the country charts. At least it wasn't Boxcar Willie or Freddy Fender!!!
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3242) 8 years ago
Looks like a fun thing to do..but, alas, it does not go back far enough for me to find out. I would probably guess it would be, "I yust go nuts at Christmas"!
Posted by WATTS (+223) 8 years ago
This is too funny!!

April 7th 1978 #1 song was "HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE"

Really! That is funny I don't care who you are!!
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10000) 8 years ago
Haha. Okay, this is funny. Mine was likely "Good Vibrations".

supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17317) 8 years ago
I am envious of Kelly.

Being one (the only one?) whose mother is a regular poster, I have refrained from posting in this thread....but then, when has that ever stopped me before? So I will do me, and my siblings.

And, remember we are Montanans...so we should also look at the No. 1 country song.

For me, it is:

"Will You Love Me Tomorrow" by the Shirelles (most excellent...one week later it would have been "Calcutta" by the Lawrence Welk Orchestra)

country wise, it is even better:

"North to Alaska" by Johnny Horton.

For my sister Ingrid, things are more inscrutable:

"Hey! Baby" by Bruce Channel. Can't say I have ever heard of the song or the artist.

And last, but not least...THE MULE TRAIN:

"You're So Vain" by Carly Simon.

It makes more sense with the No.1 country hit...She's Got to be a Saint by Ray Price.
Posted by Bill Bloom (-339) 8 years ago
"Rock Around The Clock" Bill Haley And His Comets
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 8 years ago
I'd be interested in a response from Gunnar's mom on this subject.
supporter
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
I am envious of Kelly.

Don't be envious. I should have checked the country charts as I know Mom & Dad weren't listening to the Rolling Stones!
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+797) 8 years ago
In response to Richard:

Gunnar you were born in Montana, but you were conceived in Las Vegas. Your father and I had a fling over a long weekend. That weekend, we saw Louie Prima and Keely Smith. " Just a Gigalo (SPELL?), or I Ain't got Nobody" Was our favorite Song. We saw Sarah Vaughn and "Misty" was probably still ringing in our ears. Ingrid was conceived and born in Niagara Falls, New York. We listened to harry Belafonte on your father's LP's in those days. After we moved to Bozeman in 1972, your father's favorite singer was Ray Price and his favorite song was "Scarlett Ribbons .
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17044) 8 years ago
I am so glad my mother doesn't have a computer.
Posted by Wendy Branum (+57) 8 years ago
HAHAHA!!! That'll teach ya, Gunner.
supporter
Posted by Mrs. M (+710) 8 years ago
Did you happen to notice it is the song that was tops on the day you were born, not conceived? Although Betty's story is pretty good. "Take Five", Betty. I am with Jeri, it doesn't go far enough back. My parents went to "Sleeping Beauty" the night I was born. They kept waiting for the cartoon to be over.
Posted by HUBBZ (+84) 8 years ago
Fly Like An Eagle, Steve Miller Band
supporter
Did you happen to notice it is the song that was tops on the day you were born, not conceived?

Was on a long road trip listening to XM Radio.. when the dj had mentioned that he was surfing the net and decided to find out and listen to the song that was the top song when he was BORN. He then took it farther, and decided to find out the top song when he was CONCEIVED!
Lots of funny call ins with listener's conception song.
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1226) 8 years ago
In reality, chances are their was not a song involved during that "golden" moment. You went to a dance, movie, et al with your Dad and came home with your Mother.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1904) 8 years ago
Jailhouse Rock. But I'm guessing either Johnny Cash or Beethoven were on the Hi-Fi.
supporter
Posted by Sarah Peterson (+374) 8 years ago
Fun! The day I was born, it was Please Don't Go by KC and the Sunshine Band.
Conceived: Knock on Wood by Amii Stewart.

Funny...my parents always told me it was the Rumours album by Fleetwood Mac. And I was named after "Sara" also by Fleetwood. Theme?