Republicans to host legislative wrap-up, Derby Day
founder
Posted by Tamara Beardsley (+23) 8 years ago
The Custer County Republican Central Committee and the Custer County Republican Women will host a legislative update and Kentucky Derby social on Saturday, May 4, at the Miles City Town and Country Club.

Republican senators and representatives whose districts include Custer County will provide an overview of the 2013 Montana legislative session from 3-4 p.m., along with a report from U.S. Representative Steve Daines. Custer County Republican Central Committee officer elections will be held after the reports. Hors d'oeuvres and no-host cocktails will follow from 4-5 p.m. in conjunction with live Kentucky Derby footage broadcast on a big screen. Post time of the "Race for the Roses" is scheduled for 4:25 p.m. The event is free of charge, and a prize will be given for the best Derby hat.

Anyone interested in serving on the Custer County Republican Central Committee is encouraged to contact current chairman Jeff Harding at 406.234.2283. For more information on the event visit www.custercountyrepublicanwomen.com.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 8 years ago
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at this meeting. I have been following the internicene battle between the two factions of the Republican party at the Montana legislature this session with great interest.

It is my fervent hope that the Custer Country Republicans will support the Main Street Republicans led by Taylor Brown and the like, and oust the Dark Money Koch-funded Tea Party Republicans, led by Art Wittich and the like. Take back your party from special interest groups, and represent average Montanans again!