Small towns
Posted by Patty O. (+220) 8 years ago
My husband and I have been talking about day trips to the smaller towns in our area. I was wondering if anyone could give us any information about interesting places to visit; shops, landmarks, restaurants/cafe'
We are excited to explore this side of the state.
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1500) 8 years ago
Museum in Ekalaka
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 8 years ago
Cameron Gallery in Terry. Is that cool brick outhouse still behind the museum there?
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 8 years ago
There used to be a cute ice cream shop in Wibaux. Not sure if it's still there. Or you could go to Glendive and make fun of the dinosaur museum.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 8 years ago
The heck with ice cream....

http://www.beavercreekbrewery.com/

Posted by neonfreedom (+290) 8 years ago
Glendive has makoshika park-a bunch of trails and sight seeing,really pretty and has an information building there as well,would recommend it for a ton of out door fun and its great exercise!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 8 years ago
Oh right. I forgot about the brewery in Wibaux. A beer sounds really good right now. Have you had the Wibaux beer, Gunnar?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 8 years ago
Yes, I have had their beer, both at beer festivals in Helena and Bozeman, and on tap at the Montana in MC. The Beaver Creek Pale Ale is most excellent, as is all their beers.

Someday, I would like to make it to Wibaux, but its a long drive from Helena.
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 8 years ago
Pompey's Pillar isn't far from Miles City. Lots of history there. Drive thru Custer and see what's left of what used to be a sweet little town. Stop at Hysham and take the back road to Forsyth. Nice day trip.
Posted by MeganBowles (+58) 8 years ago
Oh right. I forgot about the brewery in Wibaux. A beer sounds really good right now. Have you had the Wibaux beer, Gunnar?

I suggest whatever their Stout (dark beer) is...they give you a chocolate chip cookie to eat while you drink it. I HATE dark beer but could drink theirs all day!
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2706) 8 years ago
Pompey's Pillar isn't far from Miles City.

The new visitor center there is quite nice. Take a picnic and fishing poles!
supporter
Posted by cj sampsel (+479) 8 years ago
I assume you've been to the Range Riders Museum, but don't forget
Rob Shipley's.
Posted by BigDryBug (+64) 8 years ago
Beaver Creek IPA is delicious. On tap at Rib and Chop.
supporter
Posted by Sunny (+378) 8 years ago
The Jersey Lily at Ingomar.

In the summer, attend the Fort Peck Theater. Get a package deal and spend the night at the historic hotel, includes dinner,tickets to the play, and breakfast.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+797) 8 years ago
Don't forget that cute little dress shop in Terry across from the Stockman Bank. After you buy out the store. Go to the ice cream shop across the street in the next block.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3677) 8 years ago
I can only expand on CJ's post. He failed to mention the "Shipley Automobile Museum and Botanic Gardens" with a wonderful display of wild, native flora. The native species are allowed to flourish in this natural habitat, created by Mr Shipley, making it an oasis in the hustle and bustle of Miles Cities, urban sprawl.

As I understand it, the grounds are closed to the public but the view is impressive from 4th Street.

Miles City, I know you miss me. Admit it. You do, don't you?
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1500) 8 years ago
Miles City, I know you miss me. Admit it. You do, don't you?

Posted by mcmom (+150) 8 years ago
The Kempton Hotel in Terry is neat. They have a little antique shop in there. I have a book of Montana ghost stories and it is in there. I took my kids there last summer and stayed in one of the "haunted rooms". The bar across the street called Rogers has good food too. Awesome bull fries!
Posted by Scott Kaiser (+267) 8 years ago
Don't forget Custer's Battlefield and the re-enactment in June. By the Wibuax Brewery has the best root beer in captivity!