Whitbeck Family
Posted by Roy Twaddell (+11) 17 years ago
James K. Whitbeck and Cornelia Hagadorn Whitbeck were my GGrandparents and Zura Whitbeck was my grandmother all from the Miles City area. I have some information on them but am always looking for more. i saw this site and joined.

I also have a few interesting items such as letters from a certain Montana Bill (Range Riders Inc.) to my grandmother Zura and a small notebook from my great Aunt Lottie Whitbeck Hollister. This notebook records a few names of people who bought beef or stay at the house, plus family birthday mentions. An example of names mentioned are Mrs Griffon 1 Dec. Beef 236. Dates for entries range between 1898 to 1905. I can share if anyone is interested
founder
Posted by roberta campbell (+60) 17 years ago
Hi,
Zara Whitbeck is listed on the 1900 and 1910 Custer County Federal Census. I thought the name was misspelled, it was Sara. Thanks for verifing this.
Posted by Patti Mikkelsen (+19) 11 years ago
Hi

I am researching the family of Albert "Montana Bill" Roberts and his wife Anna Vaule Roberts. Anna is my 1st cousin twice removed. I wonder if there is anything interesting about his family in the letters you have?? Albert & Anna had ten children. I only know what became of five of them. The other five are a mystery (Ralph, Violet, Rose, Mary & June). Any information or interesting trivia you might pass along would be greatly appreciated.

I am in contact with Anna's relatives in Norway. I thought it would be interesting for them if I could pull together some stories about their great aunt and her family.

Regards
Patti Mikkelsen
Posted by baxter (+162) 11 years ago
Is this the family that ranched 28 miles south of town on Big Pumpkin Creek?
Posted by Patti Mikkelsen (+19) 11 years ago
If you are asking me this question -- my understanding from another on this site, is that Roberts family homestead was in Knowlton hills.
supporter
Posted by Bill Zook (+497) 11 years ago
Ed Whitbeck ranched 28 miles south of MC on the road to Broadus and it sometimes served as a stage stop. One of their daughters, Edna, was married to E. O.(Nibs) Allen. No children from their marriage.