Pen ink in dryer, how to remove?
Posted by Spencer Haynes (+257) 9 years ago
I have pen ink in our dryer and i need to know how to clean it out so i dont have to buy a new dryer. Any help please!
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2777) 9 years ago
I did a little checking online and most sites recommended denatured alcohol.
Posted by Kacey (+3157) 9 years ago
You can buy a Magic Eraser in the cleaning aisle. It's supposed to remove ink from most surfaces. Just rub the ink with the eraser!
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3270) 9 years ago
Hairspray removes pen ink from clothing...you might try that. I would think it would work. Another idea is using Lysol Disinfecting Wipes...yesterday, it cleaned the white heat mark off of a coffee table to our amazement. We were going to use the old toothpaste trick, but, this was amazing.
Posted by Kristi Plant (+19) 9 years ago
I agree with trying alcohol, or try acetone....can find in the nail aisle at Wally world. I use acetone to remove those terrible marks from black permanent marking pens.....
Posted by Kristi Plant (+19) 9 years ago
Finger nail aisle.....duh.
Posted by Oddjob (+192) 9 years ago
WD-40 might take it off. Use proper ventilation.
Posted by Cindy Stalcup (+583) 9 years ago
If tub is stainless steel, acetone should remove it without harming the finish. It is also sold in quantity and higher concentration in paint stores. For other surfaces, I would try Simple Green first.
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+757) 9 years ago
Why would you have to replace the dryer. A nephew washed and dried his clothes here a long time ago. There are marks in the dryer but it does not get on the clothes. Looks like hell but it still works fine.
Posted by rjg (+320) 9 years ago
Goo-Gone works great also.
Posted by foodie (+54) 9 years ago
WD-40 works the best. Just spray a little on a towel and srub it off, than I wiped it clean with a towel sprayed with water. I ran a couple of rags through the drier just to make sure I got it all.
banned
Posted by Al Borden (+254) 9 years ago
Someone gave me an old handmade child`s quilt. It had a HUGE ink stain on it. I did not know there was that much ink in one pen. I washed it and the stain stayed , looked like ink to me. Anyway , I soaked it in a bucket of water with oxyclean to try to get some of the other stains out ,the quilt was in good shape but was so dirty I decided to wash it first to see if it would hold together. Anywayyyy , I thought the quilt would still be a prized possession to a kid even with the ink on it. The next morning after soaking the quilt the ink was gone.

Sooo. It looks like to me that all you need to do is find a bucket large enough to put your dryer in and soak it with oxy.