Flag Etiquette
Posted by JMinow (+37) 8 years ago
I noticed a few weeks ago how Arby's flag was wind torn and ragged. It was in need of replacement. Then just a few days ago I noticed the flag was not flying anymore, their pole was empty.
This morning I witnessed two Arby's employees raising a brand new "Old Glory" above their restaurant. I want to thank you for handling our flag in the proper manner. Not once was it ever in danger of touching the ground. You hung it properly, and now it flies proud in the breeze this morning.
It is very discouraging to see how people treat one of our greatest symbols. To many times I have witnessed people letting the flag touch the ground, or just generally disrespecting our colors. Most of this is because proper etiquette is not being taught to kids these days.
Take the time, as I have, to teach your children respect for the flag. It is something my children take extreme pride in knowing and sharing with others.

Here is a great link to explore.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/chapter-1?quicktabs_8=1#quicktabs-8
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1500) 8 years ago
Thank you MRH. I haven't quite figured out the "link" thing yet.
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 8 years ago
Thank you for your post. It is wonderful to know Arby's has replaced their flag and did it in a respectful way.

As for posting links, it's really easy.

[url] then paste in your link [/url]
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1500) 8 years ago
Posting links can be found at the bottom of the page where you compose your reply.

You need to type the word url within two square brackets and then type /and the word url inside a second set of square brackets and then insert the url between the two inside brackets.

I had to write it out, since it will not let me show an example without making the example a hyperlink. That is what happened to Kacey's example.

[This message has been edited by MRH (4/11/2013)]

[This message has been edited by MRH (4/11/2013)]
http://www.law.cornell.ed...uicktabs-8

TADA!!!!! Thanks for the help!

[This message has been edited by JMinow (4/11/2013)]
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+760) 8 years ago
Sad part about the links at the bottom is that many of them would be easily implemented into a button or small icon to work automatically.