Find a grave website
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1248) 8 years ago
I found this site thru the Stevenson site. This site lists an obituary (apparently can be generated by anyone), but photos can also be added. http://www.findagrave.com...i?pagesgs&

As an experiment, type your last name into the proper square and click on to the "search" icon and see what comes up. An example of a completed page would be to type Milton into the "first name" square, and Bailey into the "last name" square and then click onto the first Bailey that comes up. This should yield an obituary of Milton Bailey and an added photo.Milton Bailey owned the Broadview Dairy 4 miles northeast of Miles City.
Posted by DJB (+103) 8 years ago
Thanks Don! This is an awesome site. I found my long lost great grandfather's resting place. Thank you!
Posted by Jessica Culver (+69) 8 years ago
FindAGrave also uses volunteers to go take pictures of graves when requested. It's pretty awesome to get involved with.
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1248) 8 years ago
Would be nice if one could view writings of great grandpa on this site, such as old Christmas cards, or letters, and maybe even download their voices so their descendants could hear what great grandpa sounded like.
Posted by Toni Rentschler (+1510) 8 years ago
I have been taking pics for this site for almost a year. When my oldest was starting to learn to read that is where we went! There are so many different spellings, names and sounds out there, it was great. Over the years, our daughter learned to read and then we found this. We love going out there. Taking pics, reading, and looking for all those people!
Posted by bh (+146) 8 years ago
If you like this site you might also like www.ellisisland.org. It is pretty interesting too, and I found my great grandpa on it.