Turn tires inside out??
Posted by Busypeople (+131) 9 years ago
Does anyone in town have the tools to turn car or pickup tires inside out to make planters for flower gardens
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10016) 9 years ago
Clever use of the URL tag.
Thanks Tim. My trouble would be in this area:

3) Now you are going to flip your tire inside out. This is more difficult on tires without rims. Use your feet for support and pull the trimmed edge up. Consider calling a friend with big muscles over to help. The older the tires are the easier this will be

4) Tires with rims are slightly easier. Flip the tire upside down so the trimmed side is face down. Sit in the middle and pull the sides up with all your might.

I have no friend with big muscles to help me thus the search for a 'tire turner'.
Posted by Ben (+112) 9 years ago
When I worked for EMI...eons ago...we used to flip tires inside out for salt feeders for ranchers. The way we did it was to use a "jig" that we concocted that was made out of 2X4's. I still have the basic design in my head, and if you're serious about this, contact me, I'll be happy to help you design a reproduction of this "jig". Using this "jig" made this a relatively simple operation and didn't require any type of superhero strength.
Ben
Ben, I would be greatful to learn about the jig you have in mind. Would you call me at 234-3439 or can you email a drawing to me? [email protected] Thanks so much.
Posted by naebeckr (+4) 9 years ago
I still work at EMI and they still have their tire turner. It works best with bias ply tires. They have not used it in over 5 years and may be willing to get rid of it. Stop out to the recycling center and inquire.
Thank you very much.
banned
Posted by yh7j8 (+11) 9 years ago
[deleted - spam]
I am not able to get to town often. Is the tire tool still available? Where can I call to ask about it?
Ben, I am serious about needing a tool to turn tires inside out. Were you serious about remembering how to make one? And did you? Can I make it myself or can I buy one from you?

call: 234-3439