Posted by Mindy B (+81) 8 years ago
Does anyone know if there is a folf course in Miles City? We wanted to folf on a brewery tour of Montana this summer.
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+673) 8 years ago
The VFW together with the Miles City airport and a couple of employees at the Airport Inn hold an annual Flying Over Low Fields charity event. The location changes every year, but this year it is going to be held at that one park with the mini forest or woods, the one with no tigers...

If you want to Golf, we do have a course at the country club.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 8 years ago
There is no folf course in Miles City. I might be inclined to just pick a spot in a park or a field and go for it.
Posted by Lady Bexodus (+24) 8 years ago
I'd love to have a set place to folf... it is definately one of the outdoor activities I miss since moving here.

I think Pirogue Island (aka Doeden's Island as my step-son always corrects me) would be an awesome place to set up a course even if it was an unofficial one.
Posted by Mathew Schmitz (+284) 8 years ago
I seem to remember there being a folf course out at Woodruff Park. Many many years ago, so it may not exist anymore. But with trees and hills and rocks everywhere, the course could be revived fairly easily. Anybody else remember there being a course there?
founder
supporter
Steve thought he remembered folf course at Woodruff Park when he first came here.

ETA: The island IS Pirogue Island. It was changed legally years ago. And it used to be something else island before Doeden Island. I can't remember what. Some people get really tweaked about name changes.

[This message has been edited by Amorette Allison (4/3/2013)]
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 8 years ago
The Woodruff course was there in the late 90s, which wouldn't seem that long ago if these hemmorhoids weren't telling me otherwise.
Posted by BigDryBug (+64) 8 years ago
Yep, it was a fun course. Orange Spray paint on trees, and hand dug Tees. Great Cardio workout. Very long holes, most were par 4. Dave
Posted by Brandon J. (+19) 8 years ago
A Miles City folf course is in the works!

Milestown Community Improvements, Inc. (MCI2) has this project slated for the upcoming year pending approval from the City of Miles City. In the meantime, Woodruff will have to suffice.
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+760) 8 years ago
Looks like Septy missed this one totally. I too did not recognize the term. But after researching it, it does look like it would be fun. Helena brags about being the 1st to bring Disc Golf to the state, and they apparently have many courses.

For those of you who, like me, that do not know what folf is, It is Frisbee Golf.

[This message has been edited by Tim Wagoner (4/3/2013)]
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+673) 8 years ago
Lol...

I kinda knew what it was... but yet I had to type some smart ass remark cuz I also was thinking that there WAS a chance that golf was misspelled 3 times...
Posted by ungyded (+38) 8 years ago
I used to live in a city that had a remarkable frisbee
golf course. right inside the city park.
it was well laid out, with 9 holes.

IF Miles City were to build a course,
I would travel to play. Frisbee Golf is a blast!
Posted by Lady Bexodus (+24) 8 years ago
I'd not heard of Woodruff yet... I know what my family and I are doing on our next weekend off together!
founder
supporter
I don't know if the county still maintains Woodruff Park at all. Sometimes, it is locked and leased for grazing.
Posted by Mindy B (+81) 8 years ago
Thanks for the information everyone.
Posted by Rob Willy (+37) 8 years ago
Brandon J.,

That is awesome! How nice would it be to get an actual folf course here in Miles City. Hopefully, the project can happen. Keep up the good work guys!
Posted by WATTS (+223) 8 years ago
The folf course should provide some great fun! If it ran into issues at Riverside park? Where would be some other places people would like to see it?
Posted by HUBBZ (+85) 8 years ago
If there is room over by the pumping plant, that could be an out of the way spot to enjoy some folf. The old Honda trails could be a great spot with plenty of obstacles and trees etc... I just hope that the city will approve a project like this. It wouldn't make sense in Wibaux Park because of the heavy use but Riverside would be great. As you know WATTS we have made a course in Wibaux and it has been a blast, our biggest issues is the amount of small children in the park on nice days. Hope this all works out for you guys and the town of Miles City. Thanks for all your group does.
Posted by JMinow (+37) 8 years ago
@Brandon J,
Can I help with anything? I would be willing to donate labor to the cause!
Posted by Brandon J. (+19) 8 years ago
John ... we will surely find something for you to do