It's Time For A National Conversation
Posted by Cheryl Pieters (+474) 8 years ago
1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation

The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6b rounds of ammo, so far to little notice. It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As reported elsewhere, some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America.
Add to this perplexing outré purchase of ammo, DHS now is showing off its acquisition of heavily armored personnel carriers, once again for use IN AMERICA.
"[T]he Department of Homeland Security is apparently taking delivery (apparently through the Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico VA, via the manufacturer - Navistar Defense LLC) of an undetermined number of the recently retrofitted 2,717 `Mine Resistant Protected' MaxxPro MRAP vehicles for service on the streets of the United States."
These MRAP's ARE BEING SEEN ON U.S. STREETS all across America by verified observers with photos, videos, and descriptions."
Regardless of the exact number of MRAP's being delivered to DHS (and evidently some to POLICE via DHS, as has been observed), why would they need such over-the-top vehicles on U.S. streets to withstand IEDs, mine blasts, and 50 caliber hits to bullet-proof glass? In a war zone. yes, definitely. Let's protect our men and women. On the streets of America. ?"

http://www.forbes.com/sit...versation/
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 8 years ago
Apparently you read the same crap as Sarah Palin. Perhaps we should be more worried about the constant threat of chemtrails.
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+763) 8 years ago
Oh, it's been noticed. Maybe you just have to be in the right circles to hear the discussions.
A version I heard was that they just want to stock up, like everyone else, before they put the ammo companies out of business. Because that's the only way to reduce gun violence that makes sense and isn't unconstitutional.
Buy bullets now, before it's too late. Even if you don't need them, they will exchange nicely on the streets for drugs and booze.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3677) 8 years ago
Sequestration, drones, a war on terror based on spin, everyone arming themselves against the government or the terrorists or each other or just for fun? We chose to make decisions based on the particular talking head coming from the big screen in our living room or from the pulpit.

In a nation that takes money from the arts, sciences and humanitarian endeavors to create an atmosphere of fear, it gets very hard to pick ones battles. There are just too many of them.

Can no one see beyond the end of their nose? We have gone from a world of wonder to a world of I wonder what's next. Cactus Plains offered a ticket to Amorette. I would ask if he could afford one for me but I fear the destination is the same for all involved unless we wake up and realize that we are all involved and that we are all responsible.

Peace be upon you.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3677) 8 years ago
Bam
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 8 years ago
Hi Tucker...Just have to say that sometimes it IS hard to see beyond ones nose. Part of it might be living in a small town.
Then, I always have the metal "Frolicking Friends" to look at. Their patina just gets nicer and nicer.

Always enjoy seeing you on a thread. Hello to Glenna.
banned
Posted by Al Borden (+256) 8 years ago
US legislators on both sides of the aisle are concerned with the department modifying their personel carriers with gun ports. Now why would they do that,and why are some in washington concerned that they are making these modifications.
If Texas seceded or attempted to,or if Montana and ND attempted to secede,do you think there would be drone strikes? We have everything we need here in Montana without the rest of the country bogging us down. We have water,we have timber,we have food,HHHHhhhmmmnnn,we have oil.
Posted by Oddjob (+194) 8 years ago
The conversation will be a short one as it appears the lines are being drawn. Nothing says freedom like a Federal Government internal paramilitary force armed to the teeth.

Molon Labe
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9919) 8 years ago
I like this one - it reaffirms my faith in the American People.

A group of federal entities pool their purchasing power to save tax-payer dollars and provide munition-fungibles to USCIS, Customs and Border Protection, FEMA, ICE, the TSA, the Coast Guard, the Secret Service, and the National Protection Directorate. And yes they sure did buy a lot of ammo, 5-years worth (but in my household we buy 1,500lbs of groceries at a time, so I can see the wisdom in bulk purchases). And truth be told, they didn't actually purchase 5-years worth of ammo, they bought some up-front and have an option to buy more with the cost locked in at today's prices for the next 5-years (but those kind of details just screw up the fun, so we'll ignore that point).

On top of that, we have ammo being purchased in bulk by the Poultry Police, forest rangers, the National Weather Service, and the Social Security Administration (seniors getting rowdy when their checks are late?).

My reaffirmation comes from the way this is has been perceived.

Right, Left, and Center . . . all for their own reasons and from their own world-views see this as something of concern. I like it when everyone (not just one side of the isle or the other) is concerned.

You see . . . we can come together and Be as One ; -)

And it has been fun watching the media cover of this !!! Conspiracy !!! It's rare to see Mother Jones and Fox News agreeing on something : -) : -)

Pretty much every media entity in the country jumped on the !!! Conspiracy !!! - except, that is, for that lone bastion of journalistic integrity, The Beaufort Observer. The Mighty BO looked up the facts and had the plums to speak out.
http://www.beaufortobserv...hases.html
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 8 years ago
banned
Posted by Al Borden (+256) 8 years ago
No comments from the reduce the military costs ect section? Buy bread not bullets? What does a HS APC get for mileage anyway.
Posted by Donald Mullikin (+140) 8 years ago
A group of federal entities pool their purchasing power to save tax-payer dollars and provide munition-fungibles to USCIS, Customs and Border Protection, FEMA, ICE, the TSA, the Coast Guard, the Secret Service, and the National Protection Directorate.

You may want to verify what you were saying. Customs and Border Protection is "Immigrations and Customs Enforcement" or (ICE)

Our Government is full of doublespeak and redundancy that confuses the average person.

If you read what Congress was authorized or given power to do, you will find that ICE and the IRS are the only two agencies to enforce the laws that were approved by our Constitution.

I will post a link to our Constitution (specifically, Article 1 Section 8) for you to look at. Please notice that Congress is not given authority to create laws that would define Felonies on US Soil.. They are not authorized to create an agency (DHS, DOJ, FBI, US Marshals, Secret Service, etc) to enforce the laws of the United States, they were given who they could use for that, and there has not been a Constitutional amendment allowing them to do other than call forth the Militia to enforce the Laws of the United States.

If all of these Unconstitutional agencies were to go away, think how small our national debt would be in a few short years.

Article 1 Section 8 Powers of Congress
http://www.usconstitution...1Sec8.html

EDIT: Additional thought
Please note that the only Governing Laws that they are to pass for other than their complete control of the National Seat or Washington DC is to regulate the Government itself, not the people of the United States or to Govern the States themselves.

The only Controlled Substance law that was ever valid, was by the ratification of the 18th Amendment which was overturned with the 21st Amendment.
http://www.usconstitution..._Am18.html

[This message has been edited by Donald Mullikin (3/13/2013)]
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9919) 8 years ago
You may want to verify what you were saying. Customs and Border Protection is "Immigrations and Customs Enforcement" or (ICE)

If this this was something I was addressing in a serious sort of way - I'd likely do that. But since I'm not, I likely won't. But thanks for the advise, nonetheless.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 8 years ago
Umm.. the "national conversation" happend back in November when we allowed the fear mongering tea party continued access to the house of representatives.

Elections have consequences.
Posted by Cheryl Pieters (+474) 8 years ago
Stockpile: DHS announces second $4.5 million gun purchase in less than a week

On Monday, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) posted details of a no bid contract with weapons manufacturer Sig Sauer, worth $4.5 million over the next five years. https://www.fbo.gov/index...&_cview=0)

The contract is identical to the one DHS announced last week with Heckler & Koch. http://www.prisonplanet.c...-koch.html
Both contracts are for $900,000 worth of "replacement parts" a year, for weapons used by DHS agents.

While it is hard to imagine how or why a domestic agency could anticipate firing their weapons enough over the next five years to need $1.8 million annually in replacement parts, the DHS documents clearly state their need to "stock sufficient quantities of parts needed to fulfill the quantities of parts anticipated to be ordered."

In April 2012, DHS purchased $143,000 worth of submachine guns from Heckler & Koch.

See the details of that contract: https://www.fbo.gov/?s=o...&_cview=0

Of course, this comes on the heels of the news that DHS is purchasing 2,717 'Mine Resistant Protected' vehicles for urban use.

In light of the Obama administration's push for gun-grabbing legislation, a flurry of "multi-agency training drills" inside our cities and towns, the dismissal of several well-respected military leaders and the purchase of urban tanks, along with 2 billion rounds of ammunition.one need not be a conspiracy theorist to be genuinely concerned about the imminent threat to our freedoms, as well as to our very lives.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 8 years ago
Stupid paranoid motherprocreateers. Cheryl, after the Newton conspiracy horsepoop, I'd expect a normal person to be too embarrassed to come up with more of this Palinesque drivel. But no. you're not a normal person. Please go hide in Cactus' cave where you belong.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 8 years ago
You conspiracy theorists really need to update your material. Even Jon Stewart has debunked this. And try to find something really interesting. Gun nuts hating on the gov for buying guns is just silly.
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+763) 8 years ago
What's going on here in Flathead County kind of has me wondering. Lately the biz to be in is the manufacturing of new high tech military gear, especially assault rifles, aircraft parts,mobile command units with incredible communication abilities, and most lately, ammo. You'd think this would be a short lived boom with all the anti gun legislation that we think is coming. But no, these companies are building fancy new manufacturing complexes. Who needs the timber industry anymore, we must be going to war. Somebody is getting ready.
Posted by Cactus Plains (+96) 8 years ago
Stupidisity, a word I created to describe "BRAINWASHED FOOL MENTALITY",pronounced (stupid is ity), stupidisitiosis is a chronic wasting disease stemming from stupidisity functioning of those infected with brucella (mycoplasma), fluoride, legal drugs, media and Nazi edjewcation bull poope!

Ewe, Mr Nothington are a prime example of a sheeple with an severe infection resulting in a stupidisity functioning as is displayed to the world in your comments on milescity.com.

It is kind of like you dropped it and it settled to the bottom of Earls Outhouse of Poop Brains!

Cheryl's mentality is on the other side of the darkness you live in, she is an enlightened soul of higher levels of intelligence.

Mr Nothington tell the readers why your name is in all CAPITAL LETTERS on your check blanks.

What has driven the government agencies to arm themselves with ARs and tons of ammunition?

Seems they must be fearful of something?

What did Poppy Bush say after a speech given in texas 1992?

Who poisoned ewe mr nothington? Ha! Get on the right side of the fence before the bull gores your arse ... you a fool!

Cactus Plains
supporter
Posted by cj sampsel (+479) 8 years ago
Mr. Plains,
I believe you have been infected by all the hideous bacilli, in their many forms you attest to. You have obviously had heavy brain damage due to exposure from chemtrails.
Umm.. the "national conversation" happend back in November when we allowed the fear mongering tea party continued access to the house of representatives.

I disagree, there was no real conversations, only a vote after the candidates had so occupied our time with their slinging mud and sidelining any conversations about real issues, that we cannot say that any real conversations were held, just an elaborate con-job by the two evilest of all those evil parties.

Those who think there was a conversation, must have been drinking some weird kool-aid mixture that was being handed out.
While it is hard to imagine how or why a domestic agency could anticipate firing their weapons enough over the next five years to need $1.8 million annually in replacement parts, the DHS documents clearly state their need to "stock sufficient quantities of parts needed to fulfill the quantities of parts anticipated to be ordered."

This is still ignoring that the agency being discussed is just one o many that were never within Congress's authority to create, therefore are Unconstitutional and are spending more of your Tax Dollars for Unconstitutional Purposes while you all debate "IF" they have an ulterior motive or not.

If they are Unconstitutional, then their very paychecks are a waste of Tax-payer Dollars.

>>Shaking head while exclaiming.. Sheeple!<<
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+797) 8 years ago
Don't worry Cheryl . It will all end up in the ocean like after World war II We didn't have the internet to feed us information like this, but we had my cousin, Donny who was as just reliable.

[This message has been edited by Elizabeth Emilsson (3/16/2013)]
banned
Posted by coffeedrunk (+58) 8 years ago
Some people can not understand how this video relates to the governments purchase of ammo, but the reason is there for those with insight that can draw conclusion. They are losing the currency war, and are makeing contingencies to regain control. Buy Gold and silver, help humanity.