News from the Vatican
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14818) 8 years ago
The current Pope served for about seven years before announcing retirement.
Last time around when the College of Cardinals selected Pope Benedict, one
of the cardinals that was in the running was Cardinal Anton Scola. The newspapers
say he's in the running again, but has the same problem as last time - no one
thinks the Church should have a Pope Scola.
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+440) 8 years ago
My kids and I the other day were wondering if the PRCA Cowboy of some note, Rope Meyers, was Catholic. Then we could have Pope Rope.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14818) 8 years ago
The Pope and Queen Elizabeth were standing on a balcony beaming at the thousands of people in the forecourt below.

The Queen says to the Pope out of the corner of her mouth, "I bet you a tenner that I can make every English person in the crowd go wild with just a wave of my hand."

The Pope says, "No way. You can't do that."

The Queen says, "Watch this."

So the Queen waves her hand and every English person in the crowd goes crazy, waving their little plastic Union Jacks on sticks and cheering, basically going ballistic.

The Pope thinks to himself for a minute and then he turns to her and says, "That's pretty impressive, but I bet you I can make every Irish person in the crowd go wild, not just now, but for the rest of the week, with just one nod of my head."

The Queen goes, "No way, you can't do that."

So the Pope headbutts her.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 8 years ago
first non European pope selected...From Argentina...wow
Posted by ungyded (+44) 8 years ago
"all of you wops......get offa my lawn!"

first news release from the new pope.
supporter
Argentina's Jorge Mario Bergoglio
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11533) 8 years ago
Francis the First. The College of Cardinals just blew a raspberry to the Curia. This could be interesting.
supporter
Interesting fact is this guys parents immigrated to Argentina from Italy years ago so he is really Italian LOL...
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2003) 8 years ago
The new Pope is not hispanic as his ancestors were an italian. But he is an Argentinian. As most of us have european ancestors but we are are Americans. Only the native americans are really Americans if you want to get down to it.
I think it is great to have a Pope from the "New World" as one european news caster put it.
I was hoping for a younger pope who would try to work with the muslims and the other faiths to bring about a more peaceful world.
I thought it was a slim chance that one of the american cardinals would be chosen. Cardinal Dolan from New York said he would have more of chance to play for the Yankees than be chosen as pope. The Yankees do need a lst baseman as Texieria is out until June.

[This message has been edited by Tom Masa (3/14/2013)]