name for running club?
Posted by cjg (+70) 8 years ago
looking for ideas for a name for the new running/walking club here in miles city, thank you for any ideas!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 8 years ago
Traversing the Miles running club
Posted by JerseyShore (+68) 8 years ago
Miles City Milers
Posted by ABE (+421) 8 years ago
The Trots.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 8 years ago
The Good Sam Club used to be the Miles Milers but I don't think they are active any more.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3677) 8 years ago
Cunning Runts, Phidippides, Phidippidoes, Runners High, Miles City Hash House Harriers. "On On Faithful Hound" Short Cutting Bastards.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2706) 8 years ago
Bunyon Fun Ones
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+763) 8 years ago
Gierke's Galloping Galumphs.
lol thanks Jeff! and to everyone else, keep them comeing! this is great
Posted by Steve Sullivan (+1334) 8 years ago
Miles City Trackers
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3677) 8 years ago
My earlier post was a feeble attempt at searching out old H3 runners. None have read this post.

HHH or H3 = Hash House Harriers or should you choose to organize as such, the Miles City Hash House Harriers or Custer Hash House Harriers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w...e_Harriers

I have run with the Seoul, Korea H3 and helped organize others. What appeals to me is the hare and hound concept, running off road (I hate pounding pavement.) and the camaraderie that goes with club running. All levels are encouraged and becoming a successful SCB (short cutting bastard) is rewarded even encouraged. Most runs are from three, up to seven miles and involve every type of terrain rain or shine. I always thought Custer county would be perfect for this type of run. From Ft Keogh to Strawberry Hill to the "Twelve Mile Access". So many wonderful places to set a run.

WARNING!!! A weekly event of this sort can lead to hilarity, fitness, divorces, weddings, alcoholism, sobriety, lasting friendships, fistfights, sometimes a rugby test will occur and on and on, ON ON!

I remain, your faithful hound, Two Dogs F-ing, aka Tucker
Posted by philip ewalt (+32) 8 years ago
Miles in Miles. When spoken fast it sounds like Miles 'n' Miles. Kind of a two fer one.

[This message has been edited by philip ewalt (3/12/2013)]
Posted by Steve Sullivan (+1334) 8 years ago
M.C.O.T.R.

Miles City On The Run
Posted by ABE (+421) 8 years ago
The Stumbling Tumbleweeds
thinking miles city milers, or just miles milers? any thoughts? still a work in progress,
Posted by cyndie (+352) 8 years ago
The Running Wild Club. or M.C. Stampeders.

[This message has been edited by cyndie (4/28/2013)]
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 8 years ago
Random addition. "Bay City Rollers" ~=> "Miles City Runners".
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+760) 8 years ago
People don't join because of the name, they join because of activity/events and what it is about. Pick a decent name, and put the effort into the events. Just my 2 cents worth...