Fighting Discrimination
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1272) 8 years ago
I wanted to let everyone know I have been fighting hiring discrimination by the Colorado State Patrol. Many know this, but some of you may not. I have a website, twitter account, and Facebook page. If you have accounts on any of those sites, it would be great if you can follow me!

I am also raising money for the attorney's fees and asking for donations of $20.

Facebook is /hirewithouthate
Twitter is @hirewithouthate

My website is http://www.hirewithouthate.com

A news story of my battle is here: http://goo.gl/UtcbR

A huge thank you to all that have helped me out with this! I am amazed at the support from friends!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 8 years ago
FIGHT ON, DUDE!

I'll balance the checkbook tomorrow and see where there stands. Just got ANOTHER medical bill from a procedure I had last November. Grrrr.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 8 years ago
Did they ask your sexual preference? And did you answer honestly?
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 8 years ago
Good luck, Cory, wish I had extra but just don't due to living on SS only, but you should contact some of the huge national LGBT groups and see if they can donate as well...if nothing else they are on my facebook page as I like them all...you may contact me thru here and I will give you the link to my facebook page....
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2706) 8 years ago
Go get 'em!
supporter
I knew there would be support from this great community! Several of our posters here have donated- and it means so much to me. Every one makes me feel so good. And often I am suprised at who is helping out. People I didn't think of.

I didn't really post just for the solicitation part... haha that's funny given the backstory! LOL But wanted to let everyone know what was going on. I know many would like to help but can't. I'm not working either and it's killing me.

But it is very important to me to let people know what is still going on in today's environment of acceptance by people we as citizens pay to protect us.

Please visit the website for all the details of what has been going on!
Posted by gypsykim (+1556) 8 years ago
Why on earth would they and how on earth can they even ask that question during a polygraph? What would be the rationale?
supporter
After listening to the recording of my poly, I actually told him and he didn't ask me. But he did ask the other guy. But the other guy had been a Captain in the patrol, and I think the poly guy asked him in an attempt to 'out' him.

Really, overall this whole thing is very ugly. The story goes on and on about how obvious the discrimination was.

The chief of the patrol stepped down in January over 'personnel matters' and the media has been able to confim that it was over the discrimination complaints amoung other things.

Sadly, the state is still fighting the court's decision in the first case by appealing it and dragging their feet in closing out my complaint.

You know, you don't have to live in Colorado to let the Governor know of your disgust over this whole thing! There's a link on the second page of the website.
Posted by luvlife (+285) 8 years ago
Hang in there, Cory! This is total discrimination and you will suceed. Thank you for sharing and I am very proud of you for having the courage to come fourth and share your story and do what is right! Best of luck to you!
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 8 years ago
Cory,
Shared a link to your website on my FB page. Good luck with the fight. Too bad things like this are still happening in this day and age.
supporter
Thank you Kacey! The only way it will stop is if everyone works together and speaks up! Your help is appreciated!
Posted by Joe Whalen (+612) 8 years ago
You have my full support, Cory. Your contributions to this forum, in my view, have always reflected high integrity and fair-mindedness. It's hard to imagine you not prevailing in this case, especially.

Best of luck to you!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 8 years ago
I fail to see how or to whom one attaches their "personal plumbing" is at all relevant to your ability to perform your job. Such information is simply not pertinent. Best of luck Cory. I am confident you will prevail. You have my support.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 8 years ago
As my father-in-law used to say...."Don't let the bastards get you down."

Good luck!
supporter
Bob, thanks!

Richard, I still just love the new you! If everyone would allow themselves the chance to see the world a little different, we would all be in a better place.

Joe, I have to tell you how much your kind words mean to me. I have a deep respect for you..even though we have never met. I think you were an awesome Mayor, and you were where the city needed to be going. Thank you!

Thanks to everyone for support. If you haven't yet, please read my website and get the story of how crazy this has been.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+797) 8 years ago
Cory I'm going to write the governor with a personal recommendation. I remember you as a nice little boy and am impressed that you are seeking a worth while career. In the meantime, you have my good wishes and prayers you will be successful
supporter
Thank you Betty! Given the current movement of our great state, it is disheartening to see this.

The CSP Chief, Wolfinbarger, stepped down over this and some other things. I am a real supporter of Hick, but he needs to do what is right here and end this argument. The state is still appealing the first case that found against the state.

While all letters to the Gov. will have an effect, it is especially important for the citizens of the state let him know their feelings.

Thank you so much for your support!
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1607) 8 years ago
Cory,

It's very sad to see someone put in the position of having to spend great amounts of time, money and effort, plus being forced to open windows into their privacy by a group that is oozing ignorance and does a disservice to the badges and flair that they wear on their cars and clothes.

It's also imperative that you succeed in joining this group to ensure that the members are enlightened. I wish you the very best of success.

FH
banned
Posted by coffeedrunk (+58) 8 years ago
I have been discriminated against, they did not give me 15 free points on my SAT because I am white and male. If I get a tan and a vesectomy would I qualify?
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17055) 8 years ago
I certainly applaud your decision to get a vasectomy.
Posted by poisonspaghetti (+281) 8 years ago
...as does every woman on the planet.

[This message has been edited by poisonspaghetti (3/17/2013)]
supporter
Dave, you're funny! LOL

I never really thought about being discriminated against until this whole thing happened. I always thought that I was lucky. Then, I started to look at things throughout my life and realized that often I was discriminated against.... before I ever came out... based upon what people perceived.

I really feel for people that can't come out. It's a terrible burden to carry when you are afraid of how others will treat you so much that you deny being who you are. I know guys that are not out in MT and even in our little town. My life is so much better now than it was...granted not all because of this, but it sure does make a difference!

The love and acceptance I have gotten since I opened up to EVRYONE has been amazing! Thank you to everyone for being so kind.