Women's League Basketball
Posted by Marci Mollman (+166) 9 years ago
Checking to see if there is any interest in women's league basketball. Right now I have 3 teams...but would like to get some more to have a league.

Contact me at 853-2145 if you would like to have a team.
Posted by cjh (+5) 9 years ago
What days are you thinking of playing?
I need to check with the centra what days are available. In previous years we have played on Tuesdays.
Looks like it will be Tuesdays. Let me know if you are interested in having a team. We could use a couple more.
We will start next week. Still looking for some teams if there is interest.

Thanks!
Posted by Clancee K. Collins (+31) 9 years ago
How old do you have to be? How much, a little more info would be most appreciated! Like how many players, full court, half court, timed( 20 second shot), etc. Play where, what time. Thanks.
I don't get on here very often, that is why I wanted people to call. The league will run $100 per team. The following are the rules we had last year, and these will likely be that way again unless the captains want the rules changed. We haven't had an age limit before, and have had high school age girls participate.

Rules:
Games start 5 minutes after the hour.

20 minute running halves. Clock stops last 2 minutes of each half, for timeouts and freethrows.

Teams are allowed 1 time out per half.

Substitutes on dead balls only.

Overtimes will be 3 minutes with clock stopping.

If you have uniform shirts where them, otherwise pennies will be used.

Call your own fouls. We will try to get refs for the tournament, but we need to keep costs down.

Players on a team may sub for other teams during the season if needed. During the tournament this will NOT be allowed.

Players must be on the roster and have played three league games to compete in the tournament.

Scoring will be done by both teams. One team will do the flip chart and the other on paper.
Oh and we play at the Centra. Tuesday nights, games at 6 and 7. We are starting next Tuesday.