Did anyone see the pic of Obama shooting?
banned
Posted by Al Borden (+246) 8 years ago
Never seen anyone with that form. The news media called what he is pictured shooting a rifle. They should have done a better job of photoshopping. It looks like the barrel is ported but gasses only escaping on one side. I bet if it was a live round he fired he got a suprise at the noise and the recoil. He looks as comfortable with that rifle as an earthworm on a sidewalk at noon in august.
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1812) 8 years ago
I particularly enjoyed Colbert's take on this from the Cobert Report, Feb. 4th! http://www.colbertnation....-sotomayor

I thought of Amorette when, at the end of it the camera 'pans out' to show what Obama's aiming at..it's the movie set of the moon landing..
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9201) 8 years ago
I hope no one tells Al that the Onion's just a joke as well.
banned
Here is what is scary. It has nothing to do with democrats or republicans. A president said he shoots trap/skeet/clays all of the time at whatever retreat. Then a picture is released by the whitehouse or someone,anyway,it is an official picture. It shows a very poorly photoshopped picture of the president in an awkward stance. Whether he actually fired the firearm or ever has fired a firearm is unknown,at least to me. The scary part is the inaccurate reporting of the event/picture by the news media and how many without thinking took as it was laid out for them. Are people this easily fooled? Can people no longer think for themselves? People on this site so easily duped that they ignore the facts and resort to name calling? I believe that almost anyone from this site,we are rural people,with a 10 dollar digital camera and no photoshopping could have produced a more credible picture with someone unfamiliar with firearms as the model and a little coaching,maybe in their back yard or a local shooting range time permitting than the whitehouse released. The bottom line is that if people are this easily fooled,where are we headed. I would like to know what this staged photo cost the US taxpayers.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4462) 8 years ago
208 words totally wasted. Tragic.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 8 years ago
Al, were you this outraged at the proven doctored photo of President Obama with his left hand over his heart during the Anthem, a photo widely circulated to "prove" him an unAmerican cretin?
banned
Buck,you show some darned good intelligence for this site and I don`t say that about too many at this site. You can count!
supporter
Bill Gates did most of the work.
Posted by Oddjob (+183) 8 years ago
Al Borden said:

"The news media called what he is pictured shooting a rifle."

Gunner says:

"I call BS on this. I get my internet news from NBC. They call it a shotgun.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_new...owing-criticism?lite

You didn't mention what news media called it a rifle. FOX News? I think I want to call you a liar."

Like Borden said; the reference to a "rifle" is out there in the "media" and because you couldn't waste 30 seconds doing a Google search before shooting your mouth off, you owe the man an apology.

If you rely on NBC for your information, you're poorly informed. NBC "News" is a proven purveyor of lies and doctored videotape.
supporter
I've seen some sick, sick things on the internet, but chicken-swapping has got to be the nastiest.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17464) 8 years ago
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17158) 8 years ago
I see that "Al Borden" posts ads in the classified section using the same contact phone number as the poster formerly known as "SD" -- you know, the one who was ranting to "Buck" about Buck's "big black d.ck".

It's hard to take the SD's, Oddjob's, EndTheFed's, etc. of the world seriously when they don't have the courage to back up their opinions with their real name.
supporter
I imagine if you really started looking, you'd see about 45 posters sharing the same IP.
Milescity.com is fortunate to have input from such an outstanding Major League Baseball player and Manager.

And Howdy..no doubt the joy of children all over the World..Howdy Doody!

Oddjob just loves spirited discourse with famous celebrities.

Don't you, David?
founder
Is that how you defend your cowardice, by pointing at other cowards?
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+663) 8 years ago
well... I'm not a coward...

I'm just scared of a lot of you :P

[This message has been edited by SeptyTwo (2/6/2013)]
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1906) 8 years ago
If that same picture had come out with dubya's Lapierre's Cactus' Sarah Palin's head photo shopped on it, the Bordens and Cacti of the world would have been wetting themselves over the great form exhibited by their hero.

Next comes the denial that any of these people are their heroes.

[This message has been edited by Bob Netherton II (2/6/2013)]

[This message has been edited by Bob Netherton II (2/6/2013)]
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2496) 8 years ago
I am seeking some clarification on a serious logical fallacy numerous people are committing in this thread and in others lately...

Apparently Obama's government is SO CLEVER that it pulled off the Sandy Hook, Arizona, and Colorado hoaxes!! Wow.

Conversely, the SAME GOVERNMENT/GROUP is SO STUPID that they cannot successfully pull off a staged photo. Really?

So it really is one or the other. Let's take a stand right here, conspiracy theorists; because you cannot have it both ways.
banned
First of all, I bet you wish you were Hannah Montana. You are kind of on to something and I have had the same thoughts. The shooting photo was maybe something that the people who did the picture thought that there was not much to shooting and any `ol picture will fool them hicks. I would imagine some people think they could take someone out of the blue and easily stage a ballet picture also. I think they would be sorely mistaken.

Sandy Hook? I do not doubt it happened. There is just so much surrounding the happenings there. It is hard to tell who is involved with what and where. The satelitte photo with all of the black cars blocking everything off is most unsettling to me. Then on top of whatever did happen, the news media tried to make their own story about it, a scoop have you. It seems it has become common for the news media to use stock or file photos that lead people to believe the images were/are pertaining to a certain event where the pictures are used. If it is not marked file photo and it is used in conjunction with a story it can be very distorting. Times have changed and so has journalism. A few years ago Rush Limbaugh interviewed a number of journalism students. He asked them why they wanted to be jounalists. I do not remember the percentage but a large percentage said they wanted to be journalists in order to change the world. My reaction was immediately the same as Rush`s. What about reporting the news??????? Bill Clinton promoted that ideal also with his views on history and whether you liked it the way it is or not.

Oh, and like Rush and FOX news or not-well obama doesn`t.

One would think that the US govt. could have managed a better fake photo on the obama shooting story. They certainly have the resources. An arial drone photo by the SS of obama shooting actually could have been quite cool.The way they did it is just good someone did not get hurt in the horribly gone wrong photoshopping accident.
"Is that how you defend your cowardice, by pointing at other cowards?"

I'm pointing out the double standard.

Inevitably, when somebody like you whines about "cowards using aliases", they conveniently ignore their homes.
banned
Another example Hannah. The government who toppled maybe the 3rd largest military regime on the planet had a President that had to rescue one of his SS agents in what was not much less than a barroom brawl.
supporter
Someone like "David Schott", brother of "Chuck Schott"?

I don't think "inevitability" means what you think it means.

Another example Hannah. The government who toppled maybe the 3rd largest military regime on the planet had a President that had to rescue one of his SS agents in what was not much less than a barroom brawl.

Bath salts are bad for you, no matter if you take them in the John Mcafee approved manner or not.

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (2/7/2013)]
banned
A whiney coward with a bit of authority that is misused or used for personal gain is not really a good thing either. Even if that person does not know it. Odd,at least your mother did not name you Hand.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 8 years ago
Al, were you this outraged at the proven doctored photo of President Obama with his left hand over his heart during the Anthem, a photo widely circulated to "prove" him an unAmerican cretin?
supporter
OMG: http://www.tennesseesonso...ds-to.html

THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU AL!!!

Good thing you're hidden behind that alias
You're a funny guy Al.

Never mind, Gunner, I take it back. Probably is SD.
supporter
Well, thank you, Oddjob, I guess.

Fact is, I did waste more than 30 seconds on a Google search, and outside of the cartoon websites you and Al posted links to, I could not find any credible source for the rifle vs. shotgun mainstream media lameass bullpoop story you dumbasses seem to be stuck with.

And none of you dumbasses has ever provided a real link to back your story.

So go procreate your dumbass selves...I guess.
Posted by Grim Reaper (+72) 8 years ago
I thought Osama was dead....
I think this clears it up.

Please note the correction printed in your Holy Grail of Truth. I expect you won't be able to admit that you were wwwwwrr, wwwrroo..mistaken so I'll just accept your apology for being called a dumbass.

http://www.nytimes.com/20....html?_r=0

Correction: February 2, 2013

An earlier version of this article misstated the type of weapon that President Obama fired in a photo released Saturday by the White House. It was a shotgun, not a rifle.

[This message has been edited by Oddjob (2/8/2013)]
supporter
*cough* nobody really give a poop about this but you and Al *cough*

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (2/8/2013)]
From what I read, nobody here seems to give a poop about anything you post either. It's all just cheap shots anyway.

Your pal Gunner cared enough to call people liars over it. Guess he should have read the whole article while he was doing his exhaustive Google search. It would have saved him from eating that shoe leather.
founder
I certainly understand why "Oddjob" and "Al Borden" wish to remain anonymous.
supporter
I'd much rather be called Cassandra then "Skeeter". Or "Birther". Or "Tenther"

To each there own though...
banned
Actually Bridgid,Gunnar was the one who was all upset and calling people names wrongly when he was WRONG. he seemed pretty upset about it and hew was just plain wrong. Perhaps you can scroll and read his angry posts-he is probably wrong in every post. Oh,and a potty mouth.
supporter
Posted by 007 (+163) 8 years ago
lol..Don't you hate those wascally wabbits..
supporter
I am ever so upset, that I will call you anonymous posters "dumbasses" yet again.

Al and Oddjob, you two are dumbasses.

Happy?
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+787) 8 years ago
Gunnar, you must remember that sometimes it's best to ignore the Dumb A**ses. You can't insult them. Thy are like mindless gnats that get in your face. Remember how Uncle John taught you how to deal with horse flies. By the way, I loved the Bugs Bunny cartoon.
Posted by Donald Mullikin (+141) 8 years ago
or that he's Muslim, or that he was born in Kenya,

If we had evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was born in Kenya, then we would have enough evidence to impeach him on his violation of our Constitutions Article 2 Section 1 Clause 4

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A2Sec1.html

But there are some people who know this and simply ignore it because they would prefer that we not be the Great United States of America that we are.
A president said he shoots trap/skeet/clays all of the time at whatever retreat. Then a picture is released by the whitehouse or someone,anyway,it is an official picture. It shows a very poorly photoshopped picture of the president in an awkward stance.

Considering I have seen this online, I wonder which is correct. If you look at the Over/Under shotgun that he is supposedly shooting, the upper barrel in both photos of the shotgun that is being shot, it has an adapter attached to it similar to a blank adapter, meaning he was not really shooting skeet or any other target, which would explain the awkwardly low aim.
There are many who know nothing about firearms that would simply accept what is shown as being fact and will stand by what the MSM is feeding them.
Others with some actual knowledge will doubt the authenticity, rightfully so.

[This message has been edited by Donald Mullikin (2/10/2013)]
Yes. I thought it an odd pose until I read skeet shooting is at targets pitched down low like rabbits instead of trap shooting up like birds.
I find it absurd that gun rights proponents are picking nits at the President's "form" & frequency of activity & puffs of vapor instead of welcoming him amongst the ranks of potential supporters who enjoy target shooting as a recreational activity.

I don't know who you were getting your information from, but it is flawed.

What is the difference between Trap and Skeet?

While the clay targets move away from the shooter in trap events, these targets cross from left to right and right to left in skeet shooting.

The distance of the target in trap thus increases if the shooter waits longer whereas the distance remains the same in skeet.

The angle, speed and height of the targets remain same in skeet whereas, in trap, the shooter does not know from which direction the target will move out.

The targets are crossing in skeet while they are outgoing in trap.
http://www.differencebetw...-vs-skeet/
As you can read, the height has nothing to do with it, the angle and whether it crosses the shooters field of view or goes away from the shooter is what makes the difference.
Posted by Cindy Stalcup (+587) 8 years ago
Ok. I misunderstood then. I read the skeet range explanation as the clays coming from two houses one low (1 meter high) & one high. I've never been to a skeet range.
supporter
Gunnar

I would have expected no less.

Gunnar's Mom wrote:

"Gunnar, you must remember that sometimes it's best to ignore the Dumb A**ses. You can't insult them. Thy are like mindless gnats that get in your face. Remember how Uncle John taught you how to deal with horse flies."

Ms. Emilsson. It's quite clear here that Gunnar is the one who initiated the attack by calling people liars. His position was subsequently discredited. Perhaps you and Uncle John should have taught him more about the virtue of being able to admit it when you're wrong.
banned
Back to where I started. I do not believe obama is familiar with handling firearms let alone shooting. This is an educated guess from the photo published that I referred to. It shows no clue to anyone familiar with firearms and certainly not someone who shoots all of the time. I believe that obama said something on the order of his girls do not shoot. It seems some females quite like the sport and or bird hunting. Madonna comes to mind with fowling but I have known many women who shoot clays.

Gunnar. I think you mentioned that I posted a link here. Let me try to post a link. www.milescity.com Nope. I think you are wrong again.
founder
banned
Someone mentioned obama`s firearm had a blank firing device on it? If I remember without looking that the firearm is an over and under shotgun. There would be no purpose for a blank firing device. Also whatever looked like porting would be at the end of the barrel not part of the way down as in the picture. It would be at the muzzle for more effect. But maybe they are doing things differently now. I could be wrong as I have been out of the shooting game for a fair bit now.

And david schott? No need for the video. I personally noticed you are already here.
supporter
supporter
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1610) 8 years ago
Responses to the above photo:

Skye- "Doesn't he ever run out of bullets?"

Bobby Boatley- "I scoff with indifference in deference to his right to shoot and shooting to boot."

Al Borden- "The gun in his right hand is a pistol. A revolver is a pistol, but a pistol is not necessarily a revolver, and for some reason, we insist that a separate chamber (or chambers) from the barrel means it is not a pistol."

Jeff Denton- "I think we could make use of that gun as a starting pistol for the 200 meter freestyle at the first swim meet we hold at the new concrete swimming pool."

Bridgier- "You are an insufferably ignorant, idiotic, addlebrained, imbecilic, half-witted cretin, and a right wing."

SeptyTwo- This pic reminds me of what President Obama say to Hilary when she told him what really happened in Benghazi? "Shoot!"

Hannah Nash- "You are obviously falling victim to a blatant subterfuge being propagated upon people with the lack of enough common sense to distinguish between satire and irony. If you are able to, then be sure to remember to come to the audition for the fall performance of "The CinC wears Annie Boots" coming to the Barn Theatre this spring!

Cheers!
FH
banned
The separate chambers designate it as a revolver, which is still a pistol.....get your fake quotes right dammit.