C'mon Larry
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16663) 8 years ago
Ban Cheryl? Really? Sure she is a crackpot, but she has her moments, and I can't see where she has ever violated the rules of conduct towards civility (truth, OTOH, is another story).
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11447) 8 years ago
Cheryl has said some cruel and racist things. While I feel more sorry for her than anything else, it must be awful to live in a world of such despair, always afraid, always angry, I can understand why Larry had had it with her saying that no one in Newton was grieving. That disregard for human misery is disturbing.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16504) 8 years ago
There are dozens of other websites for "Cheryl" to choose from where she can find like-minded paranoid haters.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16504) 8 years ago
On second thought, Gunnar, you're right. "Cheryl" needs an outlet and this website is as good as any.

Ciao.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9973) 8 years ago
There are other moderators on the site. I haven't banned anyone lately that I recall. If she feels whatever happened was unfair, she can ask for it to be lifted, although it looks like that has already occurred.
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+756) 8 years ago
Uh oh. I thought being obnoxious and rude and going over the top with insane opinions was the rule here. Like happy hour at Dick's Last Resort. I didn't know there was a limit. Somebody should write a mc.com rulebook. That would be funny.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11447) 8 years ago
http://newsfeed.time.com/...-movement/

This is why people like Cheryl need to be silenced. They are spewing hateful lies and causing genuine harm.
Posted by Cheryl Pieters (+479) 8 years ago
Thanks Gunnar-I didn't know you cared!

I do not spend my time on these forums belittling the other people who contribute or trying to smear their good names, because I have a background in the legal business and find that to be an illogical way to discuss any topic. If I do point something out, I believe it to be the truth and I am not just mindlessly calling someone unflattering names or making hints about the vast amounts of medication I feel would dull their senses to the point of agreeing with me.

As to the things I bring up, I would hope that some people would take notice that things are not exactly as the Mainstream Media is trying to paint them right now, and very soon there will be a big shift. I am sure plenty of people are aware of this, even if they are afraid to discuss it here. If you want to debate the things that are coming to light via the information readily available on the Internet, I think it would behoove you to back it up with a logical argument backed up with some sort of a valid study or proof--don't do so by calling names. I am thinking most logical people who see you doing so might question the integrity or honor of the name callers, if not on here for fear of being attacked, at least out in the actual community where such actions are being viewed by far more people than the ones who support the bullying and name calling on line. Think about it. I know many people who have confided to me that they have an entirely different opinion of some of their former classmates after seeing them behave badly online.

Anyway, I do actually have a full schedule with graduate school starting up again on Tuesday, two small children and a fairly demanding job, so luckily for you I am going to leave the debate here and let you go on thinking the Government will protect you and keep your best interests at the top of their list, just like they have been in the last 12 years. Cheers!
Posted by Cactus Plains (+90) 8 years ago
I'd say the girl is very intelligent!

And Broom Ryder you and Micro-mycoplasma left it at the bottom of Earl's Outhouse for Poop Brains or is it Corrupted Crap!

Corrupted DNA = ancient royalty Akhenaton ha!

chemtrails = chronic wasting disease?????????

Gun control = corrupted GOVERNMENT?????????

Murder by Injection the story of the medical conspiracy against America by Eustance Mullins

excellent read by an intelligent man
Cactus Plains
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3146) 8 years ago
Interesting that you would mention the name of Eustance Mullins. I was in High School when he got into a bit of trouble over his article: Adolf Hitler: An Appreciation...and, he advocated that America owes a debt to Hitler. Some people you never forget.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2500) 8 years ago
@Cheryl

Your assertions that you came here for rational and logical debate sure sound nice when you phrase them all gussied up like that. In reality: you never engaged in discussion, debate, or thought exchange at all.

Myself, and others, ask you questions: you never answer.
You've been given empirical, first-person evidence refuting some of your outrageous claims: which you ignore and continue to try and present LIES.

Ignorance IS ignornace, no matter how nicely you tried to type above.

Whenever you're ready; whenever you think you can engage and handle debate, there's plenty of unanswered questions, lies to be addressed, and insults to be apologized for. We're waiting for when you're grown up enough to engage in debate, discourse, and exchange.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16663) 8 years ago
Thank you Dave and Larry.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2737) 8 years ago
The following is the most honest, insightful statement that Cheryl has made on MC.com and it appears to have gone completely unnoticed.

Sayeth Cheryl: I am not just mindlessly calling someone unflattering names or making hints about the vast amounts of medication I feel would dull their senses to the point of agreeing with me.
(emphasis added)

No wonder the conspiracy freaks don't believe us. The most obvious facts slip right under our noses.
Posted by Jan Cornutt (+268) 8 years ago
I agree with Cheryl, If you all think the gov't is the answer and can take care of people. Go take a look at the indians theyr'e taking care of.
........korkyll
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5098) 8 years ago
Hey Kork!

The government's taking care of you and you seem to be doing all right!
Posted by DAVE HERRING (+77) 8 years ago
WOW Does someone on this site actually believe that the job of the govt is to look after us? Who in their right mind would think that? It is the people who put those govt politician in place by way of vote. They are here to assist us and "manage" our nations affairs. It is NOT the responsiblity of the govt. to completely look after us, they are to assist and help us when we are down and have the need, but as to completely "looking after us" that is just ignorant to even think that.

[This message has been edited by DAVE HERRING (1/22/2013)]
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8988) 8 years ago
Dave, our government is us, and we are it. It exists as the collected expression of our will as a people. Throwing tantrums and pretending that the government is some sort of alien being that we must resist is paste-eating at its worst, and is particularly amusing coming from someone who claims to have spent a large period of his life drawing his livelihood from said government.

Pay your taxes, support our american civic institutions, and quit being a baby.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+790) 8 years ago
YES, DAVE "RED" HERRING. SINCE I WAS BORN IN 1936. I HAVE LIVED MOST OF MY LIFE WHERE THE GOVERNMENT ACTUALLY PROMOTED THE GENERAL WELFARE OF ALL ITS CITIZENS, STARTING WITH "NEW DEAL PROGRAMS UNDER ROOSEVELT", THE "GI BILL OF RIGHTS" UNDER TRUMAN, EISENHOWER'S HIGHWAY PROJECT AND URBAN RENWAL, KENNEDY'S PEACE CORPS AND BUILD UP OF THE SPACE PROGRAM, JOHNSON'S "WAR ON POVERTY" INCLUDING hEAD START AND COMMUNITY ACTION PROGRAM, COLLEGE LOANS,TO nIXON SIGNING OFF ON THE MEDICARDE PROGRAMS Then came the shift to conservetism under Reagan where government was used to advance the wealthy class and against the working class. We saw the sell-out of congress to the influence peddlers under. As the "Onion" proclaimed on the election of George W.Bush, "The Era of Peace and Prosperity of the Clinton years are over. Do you see "Red" why I believ If it's done right, Government can be our friend and can solve problems.
Posted by urcrackinmeup (+139) 8 years ago
I do agree with Hannah Nash's point of view, but her phrase
Ignorance IS ignornace
did make me laugh out loud.