Posted by Eric Brandt (+845) 14 years ago
CityCamOne served its 2 millionth frame last night at some point.

It has been just under a year since it was hoisted for last year's bucking horse sale.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed, and everyone who has enjoyed the view.

Looking at possibly setting up CityCamTwo perhaps at the Range Riders/Trails Inn to view Veteran's Park... Any thoughts?

Eric
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 14 years ago
It is humorously ironic that the text on the camera this morning says "back to normal after the BHS" and is pointed toward the church.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (edited 5/21/2007).]
ROFL! - Unintentional, I assure you.
Posted by Jack H4X0R (+39) 14 years ago
Why would anyone want to view Veteran's Park 24 hours a day?

Jack.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1438) 14 years ago
Congrats!

I love that cam.
Jack:
A camera located in that vicinity gives us the ability to see that side of town, and then in the summer when there are concerts in Veteran's Park, we could see those goings on as well.

The camera would be mounted on a motor similar to City Cam One so we could move it from time to time.

Eric
Posted by Tom Hagen (+22) 14 years ago
I understand that the camera changes direction from time to time?
It does. I have a motor on it that I can control from down here. I try to move it a few times a week.

Unfortunately, I cannot change the zoom/focus without hoisting it in. Also, I am not able to give the public control of the camera with the mechanism we have.

I think a second camera should have full PTZ (Pan,Tilt,Zoom) via IP. It is a little more costly, but it would give us the ability to move it on demand.

Eric
Posted by donlarose (+26) 14 years ago
Why not Veterans Park, Aren't Veterans worthy of consideration?