FRIENDLY TOPIC ON SAFER SCHOOLS
Posted by Georgina Phipps (+20) 8 years ago
THE SIMPLE END TO SHOOTINGS IN SCHOOLS.

Put up a large fence a lot like the ones found around many government sites or prisons with controlled access at the gate that check for weapons like they do at air ports.
I know this sound bad but it is a cheap solution and we do not have to give up our right to guns.
It would be a safe place and besides school is kind of like prison except you get to go home at the end of the day.
It is a proven fact that there is no gun violence in prisons unless you try to break in or out.
If parents do not like the idea they could have schools that are unfence and unprotected they could send there kids to.
I know witch one my child would be going to.

Thanks Ben Phipps

Ps. Please no rant or stay on topic.
Posted by MeiMei (+167) 8 years ago
If you think about it, besides home, a school is probably one of the safest place a child can be between the hours of 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Every adult in the building is dedicated with their heart and soul to protect the children entrusted to them. That is usually one reason they chose education as a profession or schools as a workplace. I think New Town's staff showed us that dedication, several with the loss of life protecting children.