Inauguration Day 2013
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16506) 8 years ago
This Sunday is Inauguration Day -- a great day for democracy and the United States of America.

Posted by Josh Rath (+2310) 8 years ago
Silly Romney. Lying to Americans got you nowhere.
Posted by Carol H (+115) 8 years ago
just so you know, its on Monday the 21st not on Sunday.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16506) 8 years ago
Thank you, Carol. Yes, the "swearing in ceremony" will be held on Monday, January 21st -- Martin Luther King Day. How appropriate is that?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16669) 8 years ago
I will celebrate the day by burying my SKS in the backyard.

I might have to rent a backhoe. The ground's pretty frozen.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1486) 8 years ago
1. Make sure you wear a short-sleeve shirt since you are exercising your right to bare arms.

2. Make sure you include a copy of the Bill of Rights since you are exercising your right to bury arms.

3. Make sure you wear a muscle shirt since you are exercising while burying your arms.

Cheers!
FH
Posted by DAVE HERRING (+77) 8 years ago
More like a sad day, but the people get and got what they wanted. At least I can feel comfortable when everyone is complaining like they already are that I am not part of the the problem, I was trying to be part of the solution. Such ignorance of the American people, the death of a nation is close.
Posted by Mathew Schmitz (+289) 8 years ago
So the implication is that those of us that voted for Obama are ignorant? Evidently you agree with Romneys comments regarding the 47%? Majority rules Dave. Get used to it.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2737) 8 years ago
If by death of America Mr. Herring is referring to the demise of bigotry against minorities of all types, the strengthening of the separation of church and state, and a chance for the middle class to gain back its fair share of the economic pie, then I applaud that death.

We have a great nation that was built on the strength of the middle class. Our nation will be even greater when President Obama finishes his second term because the middle class will be stronger.

All the whining and complaining of the bill/millionaires and millionaire-wannabes in the Romney/Ryan camp who got spoiled from always getting their way during Bush years won't change that. Not one little bit.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+790) 8 years ago
Frank Hardy, until Richard signs in again, you will have to fill in for him. That was pretty witty.
Posted by Oddjob (+187) 8 years ago
"Our nation will be even greater when President Obama finishes his second term because the middle class will be stronger."

Yes. Just like it was at the end of the first term.

No. It will still be 'W's fault' at the end of the upcoming fiasco because Obama will never own the disaster he's creating.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11447) 8 years ago
Business profits are up astronomically. Unemployment is down. We are getting out of two pointless wars. Yeah, hate to have that sort of trend continue.
supporter
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2500) 8 years ago
+10 Steve! Right on target. I look forward to telling my children that in my lifetime I witnessed the death of DOMA and many steps taken toward true equality in America.

Frank-- I miss Richard, and you're hilarious!

And I would also like to see an end to blind party affiliation and subservience. Obama mentioned in his speech that he speaks for America, not a Party. We ALL need to look beyond Party, Class, Race, Liberal or Conservative, and begin to Do The Right Thing. Success is measured by our working together, not by blind allegiance to some archaic two-party system.

In more ways than one, we seriously need to evolve.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8992) 8 years ago
"Seneca Falls, Selma and Stonewall"

5 years ago, Stonewall wouldn't have made the list, and 50 years ago Seneca Falls would have stood all alone.

Not bad I guess, for the party of Rum, Romanism and Rebellion...
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3146) 8 years ago
Hannah...You are the epitome of what I respect about our younger people. Great minds that reflect great hope for the future. I appreciated all of your comments. It has been a good day...a super nice Inauguration...and, some great MLK,jr quotes on Facebook. Great reminders. Thank you.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2737) 8 years ago
Thank you, Hannah. And I double down on what Jeri said above. You are an awesome person, an incredible parent, and a true Ninja of a librarian!

Bridgier, that was my favorite line from the entire speech. It was truly amazing to hear the event at Stonewall listed with those other significant moments in history. (But you know, it wouldn't have made the list even four years ago. Obama has come a long way in one term on that issue.)
Does anyone understand economics at all? If I own a business and I have to pay higher taxes and more fees due to government regulations then guess what I will do one of two things, I will let people go (creates more unemployment, which then means the taxpayers have to pick up the tab for the unemployment checks) or I will increase the price of my services or goods I am selling. I have noticed that people that voted for Obama think that this is an "equal" type of system. I hate to tell you this that if I work harder at a job then I expect to make more and be rewarded for my efforts. Why should a person that does only the minumum get the same as the person that takes the risk and/or spends the time and resources necessary to acheive a particular outcome. Everyone seems to think that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, well there is a reason for that. I will use some members of my own family as an example. I have one son that the second he gets an income tax refund he and his wife fly out to Walmart and spend it as quick as they can (how irresponsible is that?), then 1 month later he is trying to figure out how he can pay his rent. Myself If I get a refund I invest it or use it to leverage myself to yet another level of lifestyle. I call this a matter of choice, there are those that chose to improve themself and those that just live for the moment and have no future plan. I see this everyday all around me, I had a person just this week tell me that it is not fair that such and such person is wealty and he is not. Well such and such person also went to school and worked 2 jobs to accomplish that and then worked harder on the job to get where he is today. The person complaining has done nothing other than party as hard as he can and has no clue about anything in the world b/c he don't watch the news, does not read the paper, and thinks that video games are the future of America. I used to feel sorry for more people than I do nowdays. As I grow older and it has become clear that so many people are in the mess they are in b/c of bad choices, and not b/c of 1 bad choice, but rather over and over again and again. How is it that now it is societies problem for their "REPEATED" bad choice/s. I think after a person has been helped and then helped a second time and then they continue to make the choice to NOT do anything to help themself why is that my fault? This country has many issues to deal with and our goal should be to get people to work, but yet we work harder at figuring how to get people on welfare instead. I personally received a call from the "Obama society for equality", I have no clue what it was about but they sent me a letter to go to the nearest food stamp office and apply for food stamps. I can not believe that they are pushing food stamps in the name of obama, how screwed up is this? Then I am in Puerto Rico last summer and I go into a bank there and here on the counter is an advertisment saying and I quote: "Need food? America will pay your grocey bill, apply for USDA Food Stamps today". It is this type of stuff that I have probelms with and yet we continue to think this current leadership is some sort of great thing? I think it is appauling and down right wrong. I am finding that if a person does well in life due to smart investing or however he/she makes it then the rest of the masses think it should be shared, well hey if you want to be successful then a little hard work and desire would definatly help. Oh this is a good one. During Hurricane Katrina I was with FEMA and going thru various areas and assessing damage and we would enter one area and everyone is out helping others and working cleaning up stuff and just activity everywhere. then we enter yet another area and everyone is just sitting around doing nothing or holding out a sign that says where is our help. I would be accused of being prejudice if I was to state which was what. Just so you know I am not prejudice by no means. I have interracial all over my family, including my own wife and both races agree with me and saw the same things. All I am saying is if the damn shoe fits then wear it.

[This message has been edited by DAVE HERRING (1/21/2013)]
supporter
sponsor
@Dave

This "Obama society for equality" that called you doesn't appear to exist anywhere, except in your post above. Can you please clarify the name of this organization? There's a chance that you're being scammed; and/or being fed incorrect information that has nothing to do with the current administration.
oh someone above mentioned something about the 47 percent that Romney spoke about. I could not agree with him more. The 47 percent is the same 47 percent that would vote for and did vote for Obama no matter what. That is why he was not worried about that 47 percent. I think it was factually true statement. I would have said the exact samething. That 47 percent are the ones that were interviewed on TV and asked questions that were factually incorrect such as this question:

1. Sir, what do you think about Obama picking Rayan as his running mate?

Answer: Well I think he was a good choice.

2. Sir, Do you think that Obama/Romney is a good ticket?

Answer: yes I think that Obama made a good choice B/C Romney is a smart man.

3. Mam, So what do you think about Obama being a Morman?

Answer: Well I think he will be a good president, b/c mormans are suppose
to be good people.

My point here is that these people all cast votes for Obama, and have no friggin clue what they are doing. This is the 47 percent he was referanceing. This is the type of people we have in this country casting votes and have no clue what they are even voting for.

Then everyone here lately is asking me why our tax rates have gone up. Dhuh if anyone was paying attention to the reports and doing the reserach it was clearly out there that this was the plan all along. OH but of course the major networks seems to avoid mentioning that bit of information until after the election. I smell an agenda here.

I could go on and on about all this, but I have not got the time to list them all. it just amazes me that we have people in this country that have no clue what they are even voting for.

I know now everyone will attact me b/c I have prob struck a nerve simply b/c I am speaking the truth and people hate the truth. It may offend them and after all we must not dare upset the apple cart.
oh I am sure it was a scam, but that is what I am saying they are most likely jumping on the obama band-wagon and using it as a cayatlist for their own agenda, kinda like the super-pacs do. I already turned the letter into the authorities. I knew it was a scam, just pisses me off that these groups think that obama is some sort of God.
and just so everyone knows, I actually did not care for Romney, but I was for the lessor of two evils.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11447) 8 years ago
If you have any VA benefits, Social Security benefits or are on Medicare, you are one of the 47% who suck off the government teat. At least, that is the way the rich and powerful see it. That you may have earned those benefits through a lifetime of work is irrelevant. You are supposed to live off the money you inherited from your rich parents.
actually that is incorrect. the 47 percent is not ment for or intended towards those that draw a cheeck it is directed at those that are gonna vote or did vote no matter what simply b/c they think the govt owes them something. This is where the incorrect asumptions are being made. I see the 47 percent all day long in my travels, no matter what you say to them they will vote for whomever the canidate is that will give them something. Don't kid youself and if you believe this 47percent stuff then you are very misinformed. Why is it that the highest concentration of food stamp enrollees also seem to match the highest concentration of those that voted for Obama? That is just one FACT.

Would a better idea maybe be to lets help people get jobs and go to work and help themself so the govt don't have too.

One day and it is comming soon the givers will be less than the takers and then the system will fail and come tumbling down and then who is to blame? Those same ones who sit back and take take take and dont want to become productive memebers of society, they think it is societies responsibliity to look after them.
oh and Romney made his own money and thru wise investment became wealthy. Do the research. I am a Vet and I do receive a retirment check, funny how I used my smarts to invest it and I have lifted myself up to a nice plato, but it meant I had to make choices and not waste and do for myself and not think others (i.e. the govt.) is here to take care of me.
supporter
I see the 47 percent all day long in my travels, no matter what you say to them they will vote for whomever the candidate is that will give them something.

And how, precisely, is this different than a wealthy conservative voting for the candidate that will give them the largest tax break? Or promise the loosest regulatory structure?

Perhaps there something... else... about these people that bothers you.
Posted by Forsyth Mike (+479) 8 years ago
Well Dave is correct that people (and the media) took Romney's "47%" remark out of context. When he said "it's not my job to worry about those people" he was talking about getting their vote. He knew he didn't have to worry about them because they would vote for Obama no matter what.

There was also a similar group of people on the other side of things (who would vote for Romney no matter what) and Obama probably mentioned them in talking to his advisors or friends as well. He was just lucky enough to not get recorded while saying it.
supporter

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.

Looks pretty straightforward to me - Romney thinks that 47% of America are inveterate leeches who don't pay "no income tax". But somehow Mitt's plain words are "out of context".
Well more simply put that same 47 percent is the truth. I am glad he said it and we need more people like that saying and speaking the hard truth. If the 47 percent don't like it then all they have to do is show in their actions that they want to help themself and not depend on big govt. to provide it for them. When does it stop? As long as the 47 percent continue to be handed everything then guess what they will do nothing but sit back and take it. By the way the 47 percent don't even include the people on govt. retirement, social security, or vet payments. All those are not even in that voting block for the most part. Stats show that the 47 percent are primarily the ones that expect handouts. watch this

https://www.facebook.com/dave.herring.9#!/photo.php?v=4477524217303

after you watch this, I want you to explain to me why it is my responsibility to pay for this crap. I am not the one who opened her legs up and created all this!!!!! I am sorry, but guess what this is the type of people that put Obama in office, this was the group I am speaking of. Sure I feel sorry for the kids, but when does it stop. She expects other to take care of her BAD CHOICES....so don't you people that put Obama on some sort of throne try and make be believe for one minute he is the better choice, he is the worst choice this nation has made in many years. I just can't wait to hear how many people try to explin why it is my fault this lady has these problems. I am listening.

why would this lady vote for Romney, she may have to become responsible and stop cranking out youngans. she is a baby factory for the givers to have more to pay for. Oh yeah she is part of the 47 percent that no matter what voted for Obama. This crap is just unacceptable in my book, I was brought up better than this, but this is where we are headed as a nation if we dont pull together and stop this train wreck.

[This message has been edited by DAVE HERRING (1/22/2013)]

[This message has been edited by DAVE HERRING (1/22/2013)]
supporter
There is a really good book, "So Rich, So Poor" by Peter Edelman. He talks about the extensive "Poverty in America" and a vast majority in the South due to single Mothers with children. The video you referenced depicts that very thing. I am not sure she should have the total blame as there seems to be a male missing from the picture. But, it is what it is...so, here is where I think the President is right on...the need for as much education as we can provide which will be for the good of all. Better our tax dollar going to educate people. Meanwhile, the young lady had 15 children that are not to blame and they need to eat. Why not feed them and educate them?

If you attended public school, your education was paid for, thankfully. My observation of the generosity of Representatives from areas where there are dire needs, is to just let them suffer.
Watching the "Poverty in America" forum this past week on C-Span was very educational.

Another thing is the tough areas where the majority of the need is rampant...are areas that got rid of Planned Parenthood where many could receive guidance. We have a lot of people skilled in helping people to avoid pitfalls if we can just let them do their work. It's that old "truth"..."For everything you give away, you get back ten-fold" and what a great way for our Country to grow and prosper.

And...to the gentleman who put the video link on this thread..."Thank you for your Service to our country".
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+790) 8 years ago
What is a nice "Plato'? I'm using my government retirement money to take my grandson to Alaska this summer. That's investing for the future. HAVE YOU EVER FIGURED OUT WHY i THINK YOU SHOULD BE CALLED RED?
In case some of you don't know it, I am from the South and lived there a good part of my life up until last year. I see the poverty first hand and have seen so many people be helped and then they just dont appreciate it and expect it to be handed to them instead of working for something. I agree it is wise to school those to teach them to make gains in life and contribute to society, but the issue goes back to "what can someone else do for me" attitute. I saw it daily in the south and it just makes me want to vomit. and yes I know why you think I should be called Red, but I don't actually care what you call me. I have my beliefs based on what I have seen first hand and know to be true. I think that education is the key to the solution and I appalude Obama for his efforts in pushing that to the masses. The question is will those then pay it back to society or just leave college and do nothing. I Just don't understand why people don't think they should have to help themself in order to expect others to help them. I am just old fashioned I suppose. I was taught to appreciate what I have, hard work pays off and always help myself and reach my hand out to help others in need. The problem has now become those in need are out numbering those able to help. It has to crash at some point.
supporter
In case some of you don't know it, I am from the South and lived there a good part of my life up until last year.

No.....SAY IT ISN'T SO!!! TELL ME YOU'RE NOT OLD, WHITE, AND ANGRY TOO!!!!!
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1664) 8 years ago
In case some of you don't know it, I am from the South and lived there a good part of my life up until last year. I see the poverty first hand and have seen so many people be helped and then they just dont appreciate it and expect it to be handed to them instead of working for something.

How did the South overwhelmingly vote, Dave?
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5098) 8 years ago
And where are most of the poorest states in the Union, Dave???

You know, the ones with all of the 47%ers you keep talking about????
supporter
sponsor
Dave is obsessed with the Myth of the Welfare Queen; peeps living high and exciting lives suckling off the government teat.

When, in reality, the amount of welfare dollars in no way supports an exciting and cushy lifestyle (Dave-- have you researched exactly how LITTLE money people on welfare live on?? I'm guessing you couldn't pass the Food Stamp Challenge, as exhibited by Mayors and celebrities in the past few months to illustrate how difficult it is to live on welfare.)

Less than 2% of ALL WELFARE IS FRAUD. That's a pretty good statistic.

The vast majority of welfare supports MINOR CHILDREN, ELDERLY, and VETERANS.

Additionally: if you KNEW of welfare fraud occurring in your family, as you described above, I'm sure you promptly reported this FRAUD to the proper authorities. It is those few 2% abusers who give a bad name for a very important social safety net.

(Also, your report of there are more "takers than makers" in certain states was a statistic that was debunked by Snopes.)
The south voted mostly for Romney except for Fla and VA. Flordia was less than 1 percent between the two and Virginia was 3.9 percent between the two. As for VA. after all just Fairfax county carried Obama. Hummm that is a bedroom community for Washington DC. Face it we have two very different ideas for our country. One that thinks the govt is better the larger it is and the other that thinks the govt is best when smaller and not so intrusive. Until you have lived in places like I have and see these things with your own eyes you are at best guessing and going by what some internet or liberial media outlet says. The states that went for Obama when taking a closer look at county by county in each state it quickly becomes simple to see. The counties that voted for Obama also match the hightest concentration of welfare programs. I know now its time for some of you to try and explain some way around it and justify why we should worship this president. After all some of you think he is some sort of GOD and believe me he is no God in my book.
supporter
All these code words, i just don't understand what Dave's trying to get at.
supporter
The south voted mostly for Romney except for Fla and VA. Flordia was less than 1 percent between the two and Virginia was 3.9 percent between the two.

To paraphrase superfluous "i", let us ponder this for a moment or two.
Hanna, I never even talked about welfare fruad and my family was not guilty of that I said they blew their tax refund and should have paid their bills. Then they could not pay their rent. I had to pay it for them. Where you get off on that question I have not a clue.

and you thinking that 2% is fraud, you are looking into some world that don't exist. I don't care what the "official" numbers may say, after all that is based only on "convicted" cases. A person that is not trying is not a crime, it is a moral issue so this is not even what I was addressing.

You are a liberal I would bet.
what is your point?
supporter
DAVE KNOWS man... he's looked into the "heart of darkness" and he KNOWS...
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9743) 8 years ago
"The patriots of 1776 did not fight to replace the tyranny of a king with the privileges of a few or the rule of a mob. They gave to us a republic, a government of, and by, and for the people, entrusting each generation to keep safe our founding creed."
-- Barack Obama, January 21, 2013

Sounds good to me.
supporter
Hal is right, as usual.

Wake up and smell the coffee, Dave.
Dave says - "I don't care what the "official" numbers say. I'd rather make up the numbers in my own head. Numbers that fit my twisted views, even if I sound delusional in doing so"
Yeah you are so smart, I am just an idiot and have no clue what I am talking about. You are the great knowledge god....continue to live in "your" twisted world.
matt you know nothing about how the reporting works or you would understand my comment. You would be wise to not comment if you dont even understand what you are commenting on. I have come to the realazation that the people on this site are mostly liberal types that think everyone is out to get them and everyone is wrong b/c they are ALWAYS right and I am just about to stop even coming on this site. Everytime I do all I hear is negative comments and personal attacks. It is all about liberal ideas and agends. What a waste of my time. I have more important things to do than argure with you folks about stuff that you refuse to listen to and even if you did you dont understand it or can comprehend it to begin with. This is a good example of how this nation is going to hell in a hand basket.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6170) 8 years ago
If you live in the West or the South (I've lived in both) you will often come across the person I like to call "Just shoot me in the foot already" Man. This person is poor as dirt, pays no income tax and gets a huge tax refund mostly from welfare-type credits, has all 3 to 7 children (who qualify for free school lunch AND breakfast) on Medicaid, and votes, wait for it . . . Republican! He votes for the very Party that would like to take away all of these benefits, addressing the President as Comrade Obama all the while.

p.s. Dave Herring, your tax rates really haven't gone up. The Social Security tax rate was restored from 4.2% to 6.2%. Do you really begrudge our senior citizens that additional two points?
Posted by Dave G. (+27) 8 years ago
Well said Dave.
Dave - All you've ever posted here is about how you are right, and the rest of us better listen. What kind of response do you expect? You spend every post telling us we are idiots. Do you expect that we will bow down to your genious, because we all know if Dave said it, it has to be true? When someone calls me an ignorant idiot, over and over, and I call em on it, I demand more than "you better listen to me and wake up" in response. Get a clue. Your posts carry no more weight here than anybody else's do, regardless of your self proclaimed know it all, been everywhere, seen and done everything status. I suppose it's possible that everything you have posted is true as can be, but your point will never get thru to the unwashed filthy liberal masses (me included) with your condescending attitude. I have personally posted some road apples here in the past, and got my butt re-sized because of it. I had it coming, and I think I have learned from it. For the most part, this is a very intelligent group of people that post here. You would do well to carefully read what they have to say, and learn from them. Just as you expect us to learn from you.
supporter
Dave Herring says...

I have come to the realazation that the people on this site are mostly liberal types that think everyone is out to get them and everyone is wrong b/c they are ALWAYS right...Everytime I do all I hear is negative comments and personal attacks.

Is that the know-it-all nelly/negative nancy pot calling the kettle black?

An assemblage for your perusal.....

continue to live in "your" twisted world.

I don't care what the "official" numbers may say

Until you have lived in places like I have and see these things with your own eyes you are at best guessing and going by what some internet or liberial media outlet says

I saw it daily in the south and it just makes me want to vomit.

I am not the one who opened her legs up and created all this!!!!!
I bring this one up for not only its negativity but its hilarity. Women are the creators of all the world's problems! Apparently it no longer takes two.

Don't kid youself and if you believe this 47percent stuff then you are very misinformed.

it just amazes me that we have people in this country that have no clue what they are even voting for.

Does anyone understand economics at all?

At least I can feel comfortable when everyone is complaining like they already are that I am not part of the the problem,

this site is filled with liberals who want to see the world in rose colored glasses and can't handle the truth and for that they will one day pay for their stupid beliefs and decisions. God have mercey on you people..

You people are so GD stupid and have no clue of what needs to be done it is patetic. I hope some of you rot in hell

You my friend are an idiot to argure with the facts.

Wow I am amazed at just how little so many people know how the big picture works.

to be honest there are so many people that have no clue what is going on and yet think that they do a make statements and comments about them and really don't know what they are talking about.

I was one of the people that used to put out incorrect stories for national security reasons, that most people would not even understand why.

Trying to explain would not work, b/c the majority of the population don't even understand how the world works and even how their own government is structured.

I am so sick of the damn liberals that do nothing but spew untruths and hate and lies and crap that I am to the point if it were up to me I would tell them if they don't like it here then get the hell out of MY COUNTRY. I am so sick of the lies.

I DO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU AND IT IS ASHAMED THAT THE ONES THAT VOTED FOR OBAMA HAVE NO CLUE OTHER THAN THEY THINK THIS IS A HANDOUT NATION NOW.

I SPEAK FROM EXPIERENCE AND HANDS ON, SO I DO KNOW FROM PAST YEARS HOW ALL THIS WORKS.

INCIDENTLY I HAVE DEGREE IN POLITICAL SCIENCE AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE SO BOTTOM LINE I AM VERY QUILIFIED TO DISCUSS ALL OF THE ISSUES AND IT IS ASHAMED THAT SO MANY PEOPLE ARE SO IGNORANT AND JUST VOTE B/C SOMEONE ON TV RAN A STUPID ADD THAT LIED OR DID NOT EVEN PORTRYA THE ACTUAL TRUTH.

SO I HAVE NO CARE FOR THOSE THAT VOTED FOR HIM IF THEY LOOSE THEIR JOB/S. THEY VOTED FOR WHAT THEY GET AND ARE GETTING.

IT IS ASHAMED THAT OUR NATION IS SO BLIND AS TO SEE THE PROBLEMS.

YOU OBAMA SUPPORTS HAVE NO CLUE AND YOUR DECISION ARE THE REASON THIS NATION IS GOING TO FAIL,

LET THE LIBERAL OBAMAITES FORM A COUNTRY OF THEIR OWN AND THE REST OF US THAT WANT TO KEEP THE U.S. CONSTITUTION AS OUR FOREFATHERS WISHED.

MARK MY WORDS HE WILL BE THE DESTROYER OF THIS NATION.

I CAN CLEARLY SAY WITHOUT RESTRAINT THAT YOU ARE SO MISGUIDED AND FOOLED INTO BELIEVING CRAP THAT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE BIG PICTURE.

I KNOW FACTS AND THAT IS HOW I VOTE, AND MY INSIGHT INTO THE POLITICAL WORLD FROM PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE OF BEING IN THE INNER CIRCLE IN THE PAST AND OBAMA WILL DESTROY OUT NATION AND BRING IT TO ITS KNEES.

A VOTE FOR OBAMA IS A VOTE TO DESTROY OUR NATION.
supporter
sponsor
@Dave

I assumed you had personally witnessed Welfare fraud because you knew all of the details involved in all of the cases you were citing in your long diatribe above. It was my mistake in assuming that you had a familial connection because of your intimate knowledge of these people's personal lives and finances. My mistake.

As for your assuming I'm a Liberal-- last I checked I'm human and don't subscribe to any pigeon-holed political doctrine. Let's not descend into name-calling, ok?

There were a lot of points made in my post that you outright ignored-- veterans, elderly, children? The less than 2% fraud is the national statistic; Montana's number is even lower. If you're going to accuse me of citing faulty statistics, please provide counter evidence. If the truly believe all these freeloaders exist, can you provide some proof?

I'm not insulting you, or only pushing my agenda-- if you have evidence and ideas backed up with knowledge, people will listen, discuss, and debate. I'm open to listening to you.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 8 years ago
Wow, Denise, when put all together like you just did with all his crazy statements, it makes me wonder how we might take up a collection for him to obtain mental health therapy....it is obvious where the nickname "Red" comes from, isn't it? Plus, sadly enough, since I am a southerner, it makes me ashamed of my region for having produced such a bigoted idiot...
Posted by Dave G. (+27) 8 years ago
Thanks the Video just showed exactly what I have been saying the entire time. Thannks
supporter
That certainly depicts the intense need for Education. Obviously, the non-job seekers have not been encouraged to learn as much as they can so they can become viable individuals who can be hired. It is difficult to condemn people who do not have a prayer in hell that they will get hired in the first place. And, it is not that way for just folks of color, either. Sometimes, you don't have the right name. Who do you think would hire them? It is as the Education Representative on the "Poverty in America" forum said..."Pour as much money as you can into education and hiring teachers.....NOT getting rid of them as many are advocating...and, build our Public Schools. As I recall, some areas have gone to great lengths to pick and choose who they will attend school with...and, now...criticize those who have less knowledge. The person who wrote "The Dumbing Down of America" certainly was thinking..!
Posted by celeste williams (+151) 8 years ago
Can anyone here have a decent conversation or debate WITHOUT resorting to name-calling and insults?????
supporter
Indeed!!!
supporter
Posted by cj sampsel (+484) 8 years ago
Of course not. That's what the internet is for. Actually what the problem is. People write , especially those using non deplumes,that's aliases for those that don't know, that people will
write things they normally wouldn't say face to face. Sometimes its hard to detect cynicysm, sarcasm, playing the devil's advocate w/o
seeing body language or facial expression. Pardon me for continuing the derailment of this post.