Should the law apply to reporters? Yes or No
banned
Posted by SD (+1528) 8 years ago
Please limit yourself to no more than 3 (count`m) letters of the most commonly used alphabet in the U.S. These letters should be typed in the English language. Sorry folks , I know you want it , but Ebonics is out.
Posted by glen french (+76) 8 years ago
Reporters you mean a gossip or busy body that is in show business
banned
FAIL

Are you from SanFrancisco or something?
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1495) 8 years ago
U R A __________ .
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14554) 8 years ago
Moo.

Life isn't Black and White. That's why there are 50 Shades of Grey. As Denise so aptly pointed out, saying "yes" means that there are never any exceptions to the rule. There are times when exceptions are warranted.

And I think we need to through the challenge flag on the notion that anyone has said that the law doesn't apply to reporters. Binary thinking is SO painful.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16234) 8 years ago
Yes, laws apply to reporters.

One always must place things in context, though.

Does driving 27 mph in a 25 mph zone always grounds for a citation? Or 77 mph on the interstate?

Why doesn't Obama lock up all medical marijuana caregivers, instead of the few that were arrested in Montana?

Use your brain, instead of letting morans from Fox News tell you what to think.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8899) 8 years ago
fap fap fap.
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+660) 8 years ago
Be careful bridgier...

In this weather, things can become a bit..... chapped
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+754) 8 years ago
dum
Posted by Steve Allison (+972) 8 years ago
Reporters have NO exemption from ANY laws. The incident you and Fox News are so concerned about is under investigation. The reporter had called and asked if he could use one as a prop and was told no. The police are investigating now to see if he used a real magazine clip or a prop one to represent a real one someone had purchased. Reporters are imprisoned all the time for braking laws and some have even died from being imprisoned. When they feel it is important, they do the research and take the risks, unlike Fox News that like to start screaming their point of view then let someone else do the expensive leg work and take the actual risks.
banned
I don`t think they were smart enough to use a dummy mag , or they may have even been able to use a 10rd 22lR mag legally. There could be several in the group that could be charged. This is a little more than driving 27 in a 25. And look what driving in MC at 17 or 18 in a school zone has cost some.

This case was blatant disregard for the law. That is what makes it inexcusable. I hope the idiot reporter is never able to own a firearm again. The guy is an arrogant idiot. What he did makes him a dangerous person. What will he do next? Genuine live hand grenade? .oO(hmmmmnnn , I wunder what this ring thingy here is for. Oh well , I don`t have time now , I can check to see what it does when I get on camera)
banned
No proper on sylable answer(s) yet. It just seems so simple a question.
I mentioned nothing about a magazine until a poster brought it up. As Ammorette pointed out , you are redirecting. Here , I will try this. Yes or No maybe you can try to circle it on my post. But a bunch of you will change your mind and get white out on your screen.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8899) 8 years ago
Of course it should. and it probably will. And all of this is really the business of the District Attorney in DC, not some circle-jerk of morans on Free Republic.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5088) 8 years ago
Funny stuff! Look at all the wingnuts endorsing the enforcement of gun control laws!

You really can't make it up.
SD I did answer your question, yes the law applies to reporters. I also did the research and found out they WERE smart enough to ask the police before they showed the magazine so yes I think they may have been smart enough to use a dummy magazine to illustrate their point. Too bad you and Fox News are not smart enough to use Google and find out these facts that the investigation IS underway and that they did ask, the police said so, and that there is reason to believe the magazine may not have been real. You would rather the police jump in make an arrest then be sued when it turns out to have been false. Why not let justice run its course instead of trying so hard to fool others with un-researched guesses.
banned
Read my post under new laws proposed or whatever. The magazine is not a fake. Do a bit of research. Now a good question is , what did he do with the magazine after he showed it on camera. This guy is about as smart as some of the other criminals you hear about. Doing something stupid like robbing a bank and writing the hold up note on the back of the receipt for your drivers license and then leaving the note at the bank. I am sure that would be filmed too........
banned
I did notice your post Steve. You did use the word NO even though in conjunction with a few more characters of the alphabet. Kudos. It seems you were the only one able to climb the mountain for this monumous task. Bring down the "Ability Tablets" and share.
Posted by Wayne White (+258) 8 years ago
F N A
SD you misquoted me. I said YES, laws do apply to reporters. The I also added that I had read a report from the POLICE DEPARTMENT that the reporter had call before and asked it using a magazine was OK. He was told NO. The police are checking to see if it was a real magazine or a fake, remember the reporter works for a TV network so access to all kinds of fake props by just making an in house call to the prop department. If you got information from Fox News stating other wise they did not call the police or look at the police web site or make any other simple effort to find out the truth.
banned
Sorry about that. I typed in No instead of YES. Now share the Tablets of Wisdom as you seem to be almost the only one here that can read and comprehend.