Orange lights...
Posted by Janet K. Klein (+89) 9 years ago
Did anyone see the orange lights that were in the sky about 6 o'clock this evening? They were in the southwest traveling in a southeast pattern ...all at the same speed, many, many of them, some in bunches and some single ones and it seemed like they went on for a long, long time. They would get to certain spot in the sky, whether they were turning or what, they jut seemed to disappear. My husband and I were leaving the house to go out to eat when I looked up in the sky and witnessed this (and NO I was not drinking!!)... Can anyone explain what this was? It was not planes as there was no noise associated with the lights. Maybe the Malayans are coming for us or at least giving us a fair warning... My husband said I should not post this as everyone will think we are crazy, but darn it, I want to know what they were and I don't think that we are crazy or seeing things....it happened and I want to know if anyone else witnessed this going on...thanks!!
Posted by keefro (+74) 9 years ago
They were Chinese lanterns, set off in memory of the 3 boys lost a year ago today.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12112) 9 years ago
It was beautiful. They were launched from Spotted Eagle. There will be a full story and photos upcoming in the paper.
Posted by Janet K. Klein (+89) 9 years ago
It was beautiful and so meaningful now that I know what it was...now, I have an answer to my question and I don't have to question my sanity...thank your for letting us know! And what a rememberance for those lost souls!!
supporter
Posted by worldmom (+419) 9 years ago
My husband watched it, too. He actually caught one of the lanterns! He said it was amazing, but it did freak him out a little initially.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12112) 9 years ago
It was lovely and very moving.