Looking for old photo of sheep ranch in 1880s
Posted by Darlene Schneck (+10) 8 years ago
Hello, I am working on a book about my great-great uncle Isaac Schultz. The book includes a collection of letters he wrote in 1884-1887 while he was a sheep rancher in your area (Custer Creek Ranch, Sheep Mountain. I'd like to include a photo from that time period which shows a herd of sheep and the terrain. Does anyone have something like that they would allow me to use, or know where I could find a photo like that? You can email me at [email protected] Thank you!
Darlene Schneck
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16273) 8 years ago
Perhaps try the Montana Historical Society:

http://mhs.mt.gov/researc...Photograph
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11233) 8 years ago
I know there are Huffman photos that meet your description. Historical Society should have them.
Posted by Cindy Stalcup (+588) 8 years ago
There have been a couple of publications of the Isaac Schultz letters from the Mansfield Library collection at U of M. The collection listing does not specifically include photos but there might be some. Also perhaps the Evelyn Cameron collection at the historical society will have something from the general area.
Posted by Rob Reukauf (+105) 8 years ago
Mary Haughian now residing at Holy Rosary assisted living could fix you up. They have owned the ranch there since about 1900, and she would have many resources plus pictures regarding the early days. I would be surprised if she couldn't fill in about anything you might need, as she has written several books, and has been a historical resource most of her life
Posted by Darlene Schneck (+10) 8 years ago
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your suggestions.