Miles City Cancer Support Group
Posted by Diane Emeney (+499) 9 years ago
Had our first meeting tonight and it was decided to hold them every two weeks. That way if you can't make one of them you can try for the second one. They will run from 7pm - 9pm but if we finish early that's okay too Will submit our schedule to Holy Rosary for approval for the room use and post here as soon as the days are set.

Really enjoyed meeting the people I met tonight and looking forward to many more such meetings. A big thanks to Darcy Glade for her help tonight and her help in the future.

My email address is [email protected] and I or Vic can be reached at (406)234-8387. I welcome all input and community support in making this a great resource for people dealing with cancer.

[This message has been edited by Diane Emeney (12/3/2012)]
Posted by Amanda Page (+22) 9 years ago
I saw your post a few days ago - good to see the first meeting both happened, and went well. I'm happy for all of you, that you have found support through each other. I'm betting some amazing friendships come of this.
Thanks Amanda

Our next meeting will be on December 17th, from 7pm - 9pm, at the Holy Rosary Hospital, community rm #3.

Hope to have more join us
Posted by ron h (+57) 9 years ago
Do'nt be she people the more we have the more we will all get out of this.
I believe this is going to be a great way to help people out while dealing with cancer...we had a great start at our first meeting. I really enjoyed meeting Ron and Mary and hope to meet more the next time.
Our next meeting is on Monday a week from today. Just a reminder
So if you are dealing with cancer as a patient or a caregiver, are a survivor and want to share things you learned etc, come to our meeting. We welcome everyone
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11978) 9 years ago
Bump to the top. I'm working at the theatre tonight but having met this couple, I recommend meeting them to cheer you up through the holiday season. We all can use support at this time of year and anyone facing or dealing with cancer especially so.
Thanks Amorette,

We really enjoyed meeting you also. Thanks for the write up
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2744) 9 years ago
I hope the support group is going well and I'm sorry I haven't attended a meeting to offer my support in person. I did read something interesting in the "American Profile" insert that came with Monday's Star.

When I underwent chemotherapy, my appetite was almost nil. However, the one thing that I craved and that I could keep down, was french toast made with sourdough bread.

In the American Profile, they had an article about a woman, undergoing chemo for breast cancer, who also had this craving for sourdough bread.

So, my advice if you can't eat, is to get some sourdough bread.

Best Wishes.
Hi Kelly and thank you Haven't got our schedule for next year approved by Holy Rosary yet, but are hoping to have the meetings every two weeks. I will have some flyers made up and post here when we get the schedule. Hope to see you at any one of our meetings
Just waiting on the approval from Holy Rosary for our 2013 room schedule and then I will post the dates here and around town.
Our schedule for 2012... all meetings will be at Holy Rosary Hospital in room 3

[This message has been edited by Diane Emeney (12/29/2012)]
Maybe this works better lol.

January 14 and 28th
February 11 and 25th
March 11 and 25th
April 8 and 22nd
May 6 and 20th
June 3 and 17th
July 1,15, and 29th
August 12 and 26th
September 9 and 23rd.
October 7 and 21st
November 4 and 18th
December 2,16, and 30th
Just wanted to mention that this group welcomes all types of cancer patients as well as their caregivers, cancer survivors who might want to share experiences and information they learned.

Cancer is a lonely disease and the more friends you have to help you through, the better
Just a reminder that we have a meeting January 14th Monday from 7pm to 9pm at the Holy Rosary Hospital in rm. 3
Next meeting is January 28th
Posted by Lorin Dixson (+591) 9 years ago
I just found out I have throat cancer I have good family support here. I wish good things for you and your group.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 9 years ago
So sorry to hear that Lorin. I hope your prognosis is good and we'll be seeing your posts here for many years to come.
Thank you Lorin and sorry that you have throat cancer, but so nice that you have family support You would be welcome if you did want to attend sometime though Good luck and keep positive
bump
Just a reminder that we do have a meeting tonight, From 7pm - 9pm though you can leave earlier if you want..it's pretty open. Holy Rosary Hospital in rm 3. Hope to see you there.

Cancer patients, caregivers, anyone that has an interest in cancer, even cancer survivors who want to share
Our next meeting will be this Monday on
February 11th.
Next meeting is Monday night Feb. 25th from 7 - 9 pm at the Holy Rosary Hospital Rm. 3
Can now be found on facebook also
Posted by JessicaLee (+150) 9 years ago
Is this only for people who have been diagnosed with cancer or are people who have lost a loved one due to cancer able to attend?
Hi Jessica,

this is an open group to anyone who wants to come We are still trying to get the word out there that we are here but yes, anyone needing some support or wanting to give it, anyone with cancer, a family member or friend of someone with cancer, pretty much anyone that has anything to do with cancer is welcome. It's such a lonely disease, we just wanted to form a group to help combat that as well as provide comfort Everyone needs to know that someone out there cares. Hope you can make our next meeting which will be March 11
The March 11th meeting is cancelled due to illness and we will see you at our next one on March 25th
Cancer Support Group meeting tonight at the Holy Rosary Hospital in rm 3 at 7pm
Support Group is getting together Monday night on April 8th at 7pm at the Holy Rosary Hospital in rm 7.

Caregivers as well as cancer patients and cancer survivors are welcome to come. And family members
Our next meeting is Monday April 22 at the Holy Rosary Hospital in rm 3 at 7pm
Just a little bump to keep this going
Cancer support meeting tonight at Holy Rosary Hospital room 3 at 7pm
Our next meeting is Monday May 20th at the Holy Rosary Hospital in room 3 at 7pm
Posted by Lorin Dixson (+591) 9 years ago
I just finished six weeks of radiation therapy, now I just wait to see if it was successful.
Congratulations on finishing your radiation and will send up some prayers that it was successful Always happy to see you if you ever want to stop in at a meeting Keep us posted
Monday, June 3rd is our next meeting
Our next meeting is June 17th at the Holy Rosary Hospital in rm 3.
Posted by Diane Emeney (+499) 8 years ago
Have a meeting coming up this monday on July 15th at 7pm at the Holy Rosary Hospital.
We have a meeting tonight at the Holy Rosary Hospital in rm 3 at 7pm..Monday July 29th
\ There is a meeting tonight at 7pm in rm 3 at the Holy Rosary Hospital
Meeting time again Tonight at the Holy Rosary Hospital at 7pm in room 7.
Just found out we have a Facial Reflexologist stopping in to visit us tonight. She will be talking about what she does and how it can help cancer patients and caregivers too Should be interesting and everyone is welcome to stop in, whether you are a cancer patient, cancer survivor, caregiver, or just someone who wants to see what we are doing, feel free to stop in
Posted by Sharlene (+1205) 8 years ago
Healing Hands Reflexology can help with cancer patients before, during and after treatments and caregivers.

What is Face Reflexology
Devised by Lone Sorensen , Face Reflexology combines three ancient therapies with modern science of neurology. It is the combination of Traditional Chinese Medicine, South American Zone Therapy, Vietnamese face maps & points and our most current knowledge of neuro-anatomy.

Our face contains numerous nerves and blood vessels. It's close proximity to the brain insures facial stimulation as the shortest pathway to the brain center, offering an more efficient effect in balancing ones health concerns. The stimulation works through the Central Nervous System to specific organs and systems to regulate your blood, lymph, body functions and hormones.
This complementary therapy is designed to assess the underlying cause of the ones compromised health, yet also assist with the treatment of symptoms.

What is a treatment like?
The treatment is a gentle non-invasive therapy. One remains completely clothed at all times.

Face Reflexology is deeply soothing. Often we don't realize the tension and stress that our facial muscles are holding transmitting to our entire body. This tension is created by mundane activities: chewing, grinding teeth, tired or straining eyes, even laughing. Our faces are the first locations we exhibit our emotions or suppress them. With Face Reflexology, stimulation of the points and zones trigger release of endorphins and serotonin, so one comes away relaxed and rejuvenated. The deep smooth massage steadily releases the tension and balances the central nervous system helping the body to heal itself.

A light oil is applied to the face to assist in the technique. It is a rich handcrafted Rosehip Oil gathered from wild roses in the protected region of Argentina's Rainforest. Naturally abundant in vitamin C, the oil heals and conditions the face, leaving the skin more supple, toned and healthier.

Who can benefit?

Face Reflexology may be used to assist in the treatment for specific conditions, to maintain ones health, or purely for facial rejuvenation and relaxation. As a complimentary therapy, Face Reflexology does not claim to cure but does greatly enhance and assist in the treatment of many conditions.

Allergies
 Anxiety & Stress
 Arthritic Conditions
 Bells Palsy
 Depression
 Digestive Problems
 Insomnia
 Infertility
 Migraines
 Stroke Rehabilitation
 and many more...

Contact Sharlene Wallace, Facial Reflexologist at 853-0337 to set up your appointment.
We have a meeting tonight at 7pm in rm 3 at the Holy Rosary Hospital. Feel free to stop by
Support group meeting tonight at 7pm at the Holy Rosary Hospital in rm 3 at 7pm
Cancer support meeting tonight at 7pm at the Holy Rosary Hospital in rm. 3
Cancer support group meeting tonight in rm 3 at 7pm at the Holy Rosary Hospital. Would love to see a good turnout to help get this group rolling. I think there is a real need for a group like this.
We have another meeting tomorrow night, Nov. 18th at the Holy Rosary Hospital in rm 1 Would like to mention that we also have a facebook page.
Meeting is tonight at the Holy rosary Hospital in rm 3 at 7pm
Posted by Union Hall (+64) 8 years ago
Do you have a set meeting time or schedule?
Hi Union Hall and so sorry I did not see this before..I usually come on every two weekss and repost...guess I will start checking more often. Our next meeting is December 30th at 7pm on Monday at the Holy Rosary Hospital in rm 3. If you need some support before that...you can call us at 234-8387

Starting in January our schedule will be once a month at 7pm in rm 1 at the Holy Rosary Hospital.the dates are :

January 17, 2014
February 14, 2014
March 14, 2014
April 18, 2014
May 16, 2014
June 20, 2014
July 18, 2014
August 15, 2014
September 19, 2014
October 17, 2014
December 19, 2014
Just a reminder, we hsve a meeting tonight at 7pm in rm 3 at the Holy Rosary Hospital
We changed the meeting night to Friday nights in hopes that it will be easier for people to come. Our first Friday night meeting is tomorrow night at 7pm in rm 1 at the Holy Rosary Hospital.
Support group meeting is tomorrow night, Feb. 14th at 7pm at the Holy Rosary Hospital in rm 1
Cancer support meeting is tonight in rm 1 at 7pm at the Holy Rosary Hospital...March 14, 2014