Miles City Star Archives
founder
Posted by roberta campbell (+53) 8 years ago
Are there any online archives for this newspaper from 1916-1917?
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1486) 8 years ago
That's probably what's still on there online site right now.

FH
Posted by Steve Allison (+974) 8 years ago
No on line archive. The easiest way to check out old issues is at the public library, they have a microfilm record.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11447) 8 years ago
I know the state is putting some OLD newspapers on-line through the historical society but the Star isn't one of them. We can't afford it locally. If you have something fairly specific to look up and aren't in a rush, I can do some checking. For example, I am putting in Stardust for Monday of this week a party that Mrs. Robert Koerner and Mrs. Guy Whitbeck held to honor Mrs. Roy Sutherland at the Koerner home.
Posted by Cindy Stalcup (+591) 8 years ago
How darned exciting, Amorette.

Original poster-
If you post what you are searching for, I will give a look on a subscription service. Sometimes Miles City news was reprinted in other Montana papers such as the Billings Gazette, Helena Independent Record, or Butte Montana Standard. For example, I just located a 1923 Miles City obit in the Gazette. I did have the death date to work from.
founder
Hi Amorette,
I would be very interested in that article because the Koerners are my family!!
founder
Hi Cindy,
I am still looking for information about Edna and Herman Larson between Nov 16, 1916 and Jan 16, 1917.
I requested an interlibrary loan of the newspaper in 2004, 5 reels at a time. They need to be viewed at the Tacoma Public Library. I never made it through the 5 reels!! They were on a 30 day loan; too many hours.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11447) 8 years ago
Roberta--Saw your Aunt Alma's obituary the other day. I remember when she came in to visit my office after I printed the booklet with the article about Clarence. Sweet lady! The reference to Mrs. Robert Koerner was a card party in 1937.
Posted by Cindy Stalcup (+591) 8 years ago
Roberta,

Found Edna's final resting place with husband Fred J Marton &have photo of their grave stone. She died in 1951 & is buried in Pinehill United Cemetery in Lambton County, Ontario, Canada.

Edna's marriage cert to Javis Berle in Butte Jan 18, 1917; where she says she had not been previously married.

If you need copies, email me direct.

[This message has been edited by Cindy Stalcup (12/3/2012)]