German Village Shows the Way to Clean Energy
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3259) 9 years ago
This is so worth taking time to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...kQPwZgtK9w
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14970) 9 years ago
Yes, we need a rooftop revolution. Very interesting video. Thanks for sharing.

CO2 or not, at some point we will run out of coal and natural gas. Solar energy is a very viable way of meeting our electricity needs. And the concept of clean coal makes about as much sense as fartless beans.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4945) 9 years ago
Love the term "rooftop revolution"....what a great idea...
supporter
but do we have to wait till Oil Companies and Coal Corporations run out of their product before we switch...sure hope not as these natural disasters are getting worse every year...
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10002) 9 years ago
People put those on their roofs here. They sell the solar generated electricity back to the power company.
supporter
when we moved here two years ago, we got an estimate for this and decided had we been a lot younger it would have been a great investment but we are just too elderly and not in good shape to maintain and have something like this...But for the rest of the folks, that have years ahead of them, go for it as soon as you can IMO...
Posted by homesweet (+61) 9 years ago
Lol, fartless beans are certainly real!! Havent you ever sprouted your beans? Here are wonderful step by step instructions (its very simple) http://www.cookingtf.com/...-my-beans/
On the topic of this thread, I didnt watch the video yet, but it is nice to see someone recognizing that we WILL Eventually run out of "natural" resources such as coal and oil and natural gas. Most people are truely in denial of that fact, but fact is, there is only so much, and if we keep using it, it will eventually run out! Just like landfills, they will eventually be full (and the new one they build after that will also become full, etc), because all of the plastic we are putting in to them does NOT decompose, (well, it takes hundreds to even thousands of years..), and ONE DAY there will be no space left to put our garbage. That is why I really think people need to not only recycle as much as possible, but also reduce their demand and comsumption of plastic by growing their own food, buying locally what they can not grow themselves (which also reduces the amounts of fuel consumed, because your food is not being transported hundreds of miles), reuse things (such as using reusable bags, cloth diapers, using cloth towels and napkins in place of paper towels, etc). There are so many things that need to change, but any small thing a person can do certainly helps!
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+787) 9 years ago
Well, that would certainly cut down the exstraneous gases. But do take a first look and a 2nd look at the video. It was inspireing.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3259) 9 years ago
I think the book, "Becoming Dinosaurs", a Prehistoric Perspective on Climate Change today, is worth the read. The author, David Trexler, is a Paleantologist from Bynum, MT. His focus is on the layer of ice at the bottom of the ocean and under that layer is methane clathrate which, should the ice melt...we would become extinct. He talks about the natural warming which takes place but there is evidence of expedited warming due to the burning of fossil fuels. Coal being the very worst. He thinks that everything should go to the landfill to be remined.

I have passed my book on but I know the library ordered it. Always open for discussion and theories...but, we do know that Coal is a huge culprit regardless of where they are burning it in the world. We can slow things down if we are savvy enough.

I look forward to other opinions as I think it is of utmost importance.