MC Area Economic Development Council??
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1808) 9 years ago
Before I vote tomorrow, I need some info on what it even is! Seeing it listed on the front page article of tonight's STAR is the 1st time I've heard the name. HELP!!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11978) 9 years ago
The Econ Dev folks have been around for 20+ years. Mike Coryell and Julie Kurkow currently. They help businesses set up business plans. Assist with grant applications (if you have ever seen the 100s and 100s of documents needed for things like Community Development Block Grants, you will know why this is needed) promote the community to outside investors, etc. They are involved in the Downtown Revitalization Conference coming up on Thursday, showing people how investing in historic downtowns makes economic sense. That sort of thing.

The city and county each pay a small amount towards the budget. That's what you are seeing. It's kine of like the levy for the universities. It comes up every so often and people forget about it between times.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10014) 9 years ago
They have a web site here: http://www.4milescitybusiness.com/
Posted by Gerianne Livingston (+66) 9 years ago
I work in the Clerk and Recorder's office and the Economic Development Ballot Issue was on the Federal Primary Ballot in June. The ballot issue passed and is not on the ballot for the Federal General Election. There are several State Ballot Issues on this ballot, no local ballot issues.
The Miles City Star reported incorrect information.
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1808) 9 years ago
Thanks, all! See ya at the poles
Posted by Connie Muggli (+92) 9 years ago
Speaking of the Downtown Project...

The Miles City Historic Preservation Office regrets that we must cancel the Luncheon Event: A Business Perspective: The Role of Historic Preservation in Downtown Miles City, scheduled for the Country Club at noon tomorrow, November 8th. Please let any of your colleagues that were considering joining us know of the cancellation as well.

Please accept our apologies, and we will keep you posted on new plans and events as they occur.

Mother Nature has intervened with a forecast for a major snowstorm crossing the state over the next few days. Our presenters are all from the Bozeman and Helena area. After much discussion, we agreed that as much as we would enjoy their presentations, we did not feel that traveling in severe weather was warranted.

The Community Conversation Event, scheduled for Thursday eventing at the Eagles Rainbow Room will go on as planned at 7:00pm. Please join us at this kick-off event for the Downtown Project and share your insights and ideas in that venue. We will tailor that event to accomodate a discussion about business challenges faced in the Historic Downtown District.

The Community Conversation is sponsored by Hometown Humanities on behalf of the Miles City Historic Preservation Office, the Miles City Area Chamber of Commerce, Miles City Housing Authority, Miles City Area Economic Development Council and the Fort Keogh Livestock Research Station.