thank you Obamacare!!!
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 7 years ago
My husband and I just got notified that our supplemental insurance went down $36 per month A PIECE....that means a lot to seniors on a limited income...Thank you President Obama....!!!! a savings for us of $72 bucks a month ...WOW...That will be starting in January...unless Romney wins and then he eliminates it

[This message has been edited by howdy (11/5/2012)]
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 7 years ago
Good for you!! And thank you President Obama for all you've done to help those who need help.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10182) 7 years ago
Just remember that even if RMoney gets elected, he cannot arbitrarily cancel the Affordable Care Act, even though he promised to do so. He has to get it through Congress first. He has made a lot of promises he will not be able to keep.
supporter
Thanks Amorette...that's hopeful at least but I am counting on Nate Silvers predictions being as true as they were in 2008
Posted by luvlife (+292) 7 years ago
I am just praying President Obama will be given the chance to have 4 more years!!!
So much mis-information out there, AND, that horrific movie was full of terrible FALSE information.
VOTE for OBAMA...4 more years!!!
Posted by Tom Cat (+158) 7 years ago
Haven't seen the movie and probably won't. Can you elaborate on the false information or is it too much to relay?
Posted by pene (+71) 7 years ago
AGREED
Posted by Grim Reaper (+78) 7 years ago
Howdy, why don't you just give the credit to who deserves it. The taxpayers! You might as well slip that $72 a month out of your kids, and grandkids pockets since they will be the ones paying for it on top of your social security checks that they will never recieve either. Sleep well
undercrust of society. Keep your hands out!
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+792) 7 years ago
If you are in the upper 1% and the upper 1/tenth of the 1% this a time of weeping and gnashing of teeth. So, we may pay a few dollars more in taxes so more people can be covered. It's better to pay taxes now and rebuild our country so your children and grand children can enjoy a country with a better infrastructure and social justice.

I was a depression baby and and that's the life we knew in the years following world war II. Back then even a republican president like Ike believed in social justice.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8352) 7 years ago
Sleep well undercrust of society

I'm sure she's sleeping quite well after last night.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5044) 7 years ago
Speaking of the undercrust of society, I haven't seen korky around here lately...
supporter
Bob L... and Grim Reaper that reduction is due to the insurance companies not being able to collect more than 20% on profit and the rest going to the seniors...Get real and do your research...

[This message has been edited by howdy (11/7/2012)]
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2544) 7 years ago
Howdy I'm not on anyones side here but, I mean no disrespect from this to you. My insurance for my daughter and myself went up $180.00 per month so I really am not impressed with his plan. IMHO
supporter
Sorry Cubby about your insurance and maybe soon it will help you...I am just happy I won't be handed a "voucher" to try to pay for my insurance or medicare which was Romneys plan...My hubby and I will now be paying $700 per month total for our insurance instead of $800 which means a lot...I would be happy to pay our money to the government to assist the single payer plan for everyone...I don't know the total you pay but I am sure it is high...

[This message has been edited by howdy (11/7/2012)]
Posted by Tom Cat (+158) 7 years ago
Howdy you may not believe this but I haven't studied Obama care so don't know anything about it. I do have insurance through my current job so just haven't taken the time to look into. Wanted to share this with you since we differ so much on other things that I'm not one to drink the kool-aid and spit forth talking points and such. I speak only on those things I have personal experience with. Just sharing that with you my friend with Southern roots.
supporter
Thanks Tom Cat for sharing that...
Posted by Larry W. Dann (+59) 7 years ago
Sorry about your insurance costs going up so much Cubby. Do you have your insurance through a private insurer that is not subject to the 20% limit on profits?
My family insurance plan is increasing $60 a month, however I kept my employer sponsored health plan when I retired and it is a member/employer participating company that does not make a profit.
There are a lot of the BIG insurance companies opting out of the Medicare Supplement end of insurance because they will no longer be able to raise premiums in order to make money for the company. They will be limited to 20% profit if they participate in Medicare Supplement Insurance. It is their choice to opt out instead of being limited to 20% profit.
I think if I had a business, I would be happy with a 20% profit.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1665) 7 years ago
I've personally never seen a year where my health insurance premiums did not increase, including a whole lot of years before President Obama's term. Same goes for my homeowner's and auto insurances. It is just the nature of insurance companies.

And by the way, I've had an insurance agent tell me privately that it is commonplace for agents to place the blame at Obama's feet, especially if it suits their own interests politically. That way, they can avoid having the customer complain, once again, that the insurance company is raising premiums. A convenient little scapegoat, if you will, so you will be mad at Obama and not the company/agent.
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2544) 7 years ago
I understand everything has to go up and all my insurances have went up every year, but this time to jump $180 in 1 month and then have them send me a letter to tell me it's going up again after the new year. It just doesn't seem fair. I mean if I have to chose weather to support my family or pay insurance you all can guess which one I will do. Now I hear if I don't pay they will take my tax returns up to $2000, there is no winning.
supporter
Cubby, what we all now have to do is join as a nation and push like hell for single payer...it would be like "medicare for all" and be a lot cheaper as we would all pay a certain amount to the government but would be a great deal cheaper...it takes the insurance companies out of the equation...and all the money would go to the health care of Americans not profit...
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5044) 7 years ago
You guys, the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) will not be fully implemented until 2014.

Any insurance agent blaming your rate increases on Obamacare is LYING.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 7 years ago
cubby, please just say "have gone". For me . . . please?
Posted by Jess Bradley (+208) 7 years ago
The seniors that you are refering to as the "undercrust of society" have probably worked harder in their life time than you ever will in yours! I am pretty sure they have paid their fair share and probably supported your ass a few times! I am not an expert on Obamacare and have nothing to comment as far as that, it just really pisses me off when people call the seniors things like that.
supporter
Thanks Jess, that was nicely said and appreciated
Posted by Larry W. Dann (+59) 7 years ago
Thanks Jess. Us old farts will take all the comments like yours that we can get.
Posted by Tomm (-1038) 5 years ago
http://billingsgazette.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/montana-health-insurers-ask-for-double-digit-rate-hikes/article_285ee064-bf2b-52e2-baee-4c83a5e2113e.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=curated&utm_content=BGKarenS
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14321) 5 years ago
If you would have signed up for Obamacare, Tomm, poor old toothless bastard that you are, you may have qualified for some basic social service education that would allow you the basic tools to correctly post links on this website.

Why are all the anti-Obama folks such uneducated dumb sheets? I get tired of responding to such posts.
+4
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 5 years ago
If you had to pay a tax penalty on your tax return for not getting healthcare insurance I would like to hear about it, as a matter of professional curiosity.
+2
Posted by Joe Whalen (+619) 5 years ago
Consider me as one who, given that UnitedHealth Group just awarded its CEO a $66,130,000 bonus, enjoys the fact that they're asking for the rate hike rather than unilaterally demanding it of policyholders.
http://www.courant.com/bu...story.html

Thank you, Obamacare!
+2
Posted by Oddjob (+184) 5 years ago
I see none of you forum "masters" jumped right in to fix the link like you do when it's about something that agrees with you....

Why should this surprise anyone? This is exactly what those who opposed this legislation said would happen.

At least somebody in this whole sorry mess was telling the truth.......

http://billingsgazette.co...t=BGKarenS
+1
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8352) 5 years ago
Commentary on this from someone who actually knows what they're talking about: http://www.balloon-juice....s-in-2016/

(and people can fix their own damned links, it's not some sort of service only offered to liberals)
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14231) 5 years ago
Just a hunch about the real motivation, If memory serves me, Tomm used to sell insurance and probably doesn't like competition.
+2
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14981) 5 years ago
It seems like the medical insurance industry is trying to make the case for eliminating private medical insurance as the way we manage healthcare in the United States. Fine by me.
+1
Posted by Tongue River Millworks & Meado (+245) 5 years ago
Nobody has found a hobby?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14231) 5 years ago
Yes... this is it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
+2