Posted by DebC (+76) 9 years ago
Well it is plain to see the Liberals are still at it in Miles City. OK you're entitled to your opinion, but so are we.

Let's have a rational review of the last 4 years. The affordable health care act that the majority of Americans do NOT support. Unemployment still at record highs.
Our economy is stagnant. Which means it is barely moving. The regulations that is hurting us all. Since Obama has divided so many of us by classes the anger that is being bred into our society. Did anyone seem to notice that pretty much for the first 3 years you did not see Obama and a United States flag in the same camera shot? He says he is for the "poor and middle class" yet so many of his policies hurt us. Fuel costs go up, so does every product that we buy. Then we have Benghazi, don't need to go there at this time, the facts speak for themselves and more will come out. Now let's move to a speech Obama and Romney gave yesterday. Obama says---vote--- vote for REVENGE. Romney says vote for America. My question is revenge, revenge against whom? America???? To me I do vote for America. These are just a few of the highlights, it would take pages for me to remind everyone of what has happened in the last 4 years.

It would be a novel concept to finally not only have a leader but a leader that actually took responsibility instead of blaming everyone else.

There are no perfect politicians, yes the world would be a better place if there were not politicians, but the sad fact of it is they are needed. That is how our country was founded, and even with all the garbage America is still a great country. However in the last almost 4 years we have experienced a more divided country, we have experienced loss of income, and hope, we have experienced a decline in our optimism and hope for the future, we have experienced class warfare that does not serve a purpose except to further ones political outlook, which to me has backfired as most of us in America do see the truth. My question to logical people is do you want to continue with what we have had in the last four years, or do you want America to be what she was built upon? The choice is yours.

Now for my dear liberal friends, I realize I no doubt will receive some pretty nasty comments. That is fine, but just remember the difference in what you believe and what conservatives believe will be what is written and how it is worded. So thank you all. Just please go and vote, and vote your conscience and what direction you want this great nation of ours to go

[This message has been edited by DebC (11/4/2012)]
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
Deb C...I would never attack you for having your opinion. In our State and on the national level...we have very dirty money dividing our choice of candidates. When people like Rehberg and Daines have to sign pledges with Grover Norquist to be told how to vote..they simply cannot represent us as well. Then..ATR..Grover Norquist's group belongs to ALEC...a Corporate "Bill Mill" that tells our legislators who are their members, how to vote. If you were able to watch "Big Sky - Big Money", you would get the gist of it...and, linked with all of it are 23 conservative Montana candidates.

Somehow, I don't see a fit for anything positive for our State...or, our Federal government if those are the choices.

Maybe you don't realize that we have a Congress for a purpose and when bills pass in the Senate with even 58 votes...there is the filibuster that keeps them from passing...and, then you have Mr. Boehner who refuses to bring bills to the floor. Thus, harm to our Veterans, our Farmers, etc. I know the buck stops at the President...but, it has to get to him:-)

And, Deb C., there is proof of all of the dirty "stuff" that is going on and, unfortunately, they like to be tied to the Conservatives. I know for a fact that those of the "Grand Old Party" are not gullible. (just an opinion.)
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
Even if Obama is the problem,(a point that is very debatable) RMoney is absolutely NOT the answer. It is that simple. President Obama may not be the best candidate, but he is one hell of a lot better than the windsock known as RMoney/Ryan.

In the last 33 years of voting, I have voted for one democrat, Dave Freudenthal. Other than that I have always voted a straight republican ticket. I am looking forward to Tuesday, when for the first time in my life I will vote a straight democrat ticket, including President Obama.

IF republicans decide to return to the ways of Eisenhower, Goldwater, and maybe Reagan (the way Ronny really was, not the way he has been Hannitized) I will reconsider my party affiliation. Hopefully, others will join me in sending a strong message to the republican party that they are out of touch with the American people and the values of the 21th century.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
Oh, please. You didn't see a flag behind Obama. Yes, you did. Every single time he gave a press conference, the flags were in the background. That's the way the podium is set up. What is the insanity about the idea if a flag isn't in the background, someone must be a commie pinko faggot axe murderer?

Waving the flag means NOTHING. It just means you like to appear patriotic without having to actually DO anything. Coming up from poverty and achieving greatness used to be the "American Dream." Now it's inheriting money and screwing over the poor.

The odd thing about the Affordable Care Act is when polled on the individual components like allowing people to stay on their parents insurance or preventing denial of services for pre-existing conditions, or forcing insurance companies to spend 80% of what they take in on paying out claims, people are all in favor. When a pollster says "Obamacare," then the Faux News folks shout "evil" without knowing what they are shouting about.

We need a Congress and a President who want to work for the country, NOT their own power, and RMoney flip-flops and changes with the wind prove he cares more about power than anything else. We don't need politicians like Mitch McConnell who only cared about preventing the re-election of someone from a different party. We need statesmen who care about fixing the mess the last Republican president got us into.

Taxes need to be raised, especially on the hyper-rich. The defense budget has GOT to be cut. Stop building boats and planes the military doesn't want but a friend of the candidate owns the boat-building company.

We need to lower medical costs. Single payer would do it but cutting the huge profit margin out of the insurance industry offends fat cats.

Most of all, we need to stop listening to propaganda from people like Rupert Murdoch and do some actual thinking of our own.

I fear for the country in the next four years. If RMoney and his friends win, the deficit will get worse, the poor, elderly and disabled will suffer, and women's rights will go so far back, they might repeal our right to vote.

I am literally (and when I use the word, I actually mean it) sick to my stomach worried over what will happen when the rich and powerful get control of the state and federal governments. Hoovervilles. More people dying from lack of medical care.

Just plain sick.
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 9 years ago
DebC,
YOU are the quintessential definition of the Romney voter! (Quintessential meaning: pertaining to the most perfect embodiment of something.)

Romney and the GOP (Republican Party) are counting on people who are NOT of their class to vote for them.

They are assuming that they can lie to the lower classes and the lower classes will believe their lies!

They are counting on people who hear something from someone but don't bother to find out if it is indeed true before stashing it in their addled brains.

They are counting on the fact that some people don't have the common sense God gave a tree and they're not going to look at the facts themselves.

They are counting on people like you to propagate their bigoted hysteria.

They are counting on people like you to NOT have a clue when it comes to where the massive economic problems in our country began. Have you HEARD of George W. Bush???

They are counting on you to not even begin to think that it takes longer than a little over three years to fix 8 years worth of destruction in our country.

They are counting on you not even realizing that the lack of progress on many fronts since President Obama took office is NOT his fault, but that of the REPUBLICAN senators who blocked votes and fillibustered.

And the sad thing is they are counting on you being just plain stupid enough to vote for them so they can keep putting money in their Cayman Island and Swiss bank accounts while they send American jobs overseas.

Go ahead. Vote for the Republicans. And when you're wondering where your job went (Republicans own the majority of businesses because they have the majority of the money) and why there are no food stamps and why you can't get any healthcare come back and read your post.

Take the time to watch this video and see the real Obama and what he has accomplished despite Republican efforts to destroy our President and country. There are MULTIPLE CONFIRMED quotes from top Republicans stating their goal to ruin President Obama. You can look them up. Or can you?

http://www.barackobama.co...-traveled/

[This message has been edited by Kacey (11/4/2012)]
This deserved its own space. Just for DebC and her friends.

http://politicalhumor.abo...Quotes.htm

These quotes are listed under humor but I don't think anyone would find it funny if Romney became president of our country.
Posted by Joe Whalen (+612) 9 years ago
Take a good long look...

supporter
"Son of a gun"...I think they may have missed the 47% speech?
supporter
[youtube}http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDxOSjgl5Z4&feature=share[/youtube]
supporter
Sorry...tried to follow the instructions. Can anyone fix it please?
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
They in some instances are quoting "chapter and verse" Rush Limbaugh and some of the other clowns out there on conservative media but cannot back it up with facts...They obviously don't have a clue what Romney is planning like immediately cutting Obamacare which will cost this nation millions of dollars (hey folks did you realize that Obamacare will save us money)and he plans on making seniors get voucher systems and have to deal with insurance companies instead of medicare, plus he wants SS on the chopping block as well...

I agree with Amorette, the thought of Romney as president makes me feel physically ill...I will be glad when this is over and decided...
supporter
First let me state that I AM intelligent enough to understand how congress works. Funny you did not mention Harry Reid and how much has not left his desk so no one can vote on it. There are bad politicians on both sides there is no doubt. Am I happy about some of our choices that we have, no not one bit. However I do not know how anyone with a straight face can still believe in Obama. What I believe in is us as a whole. I know what direction I want this country to go, and it sure is not 4 more years of the same old thing. However that is what this country was built upon, allowing us to make our own choices on who to vote for.

I feel that each one of us holds a responsibility to dig into the rhetoric, and research each candidate to find the truth that each one of us believes in. There are resources that we have that enable us to do this. A person needs to research and keep digging past the bias of the media. Again just like us as individuals we are not perfect, and politicians are human so we must look at what the record is and what their beliefs are. We as Americans not only owe ourselves that but we owe it to our country.

I would love to see our politicians not be politicians as a career, where they go to Washington a couple times a year do the "peoples" business then go home to a regular job. I would love to see them not get sucked into the lobbyist garbage, and most of all I would love to see them vote on issues that are what is good for us, the American people rather than lining their own pockets. That would be a perfect world; in the meantime we have to vote what is in our hearts. I for one am tired of the non transparency, the lies that are so in your face that it is mind boggling. I am tired of the polarization and division this administration has done to us.

I am a female that finds it insulting that this administration has degraded women. Yes I dare say that. First we have the "life of Julia" that depicts women as being dependent upon the government from birth until death. I raised 2 children alone, working sometimes 3 jobs without government handouts. I chose that for myself because to me the government makes a person more dependent rather than being self reliant. I am not saying there should not be some governments help, but not long term, not making a woman dependent upon it as a source of living for life. We are becoming more and more of a nanny state, and I for one do not feel that is a great way to live. If I wanted that life I could go over to another country that offers that.

I am tired of an administration that by example says what is wrong is right and what is right is wrong. Take a long hard unbiased look. Then you vote for what you believe in.

This election is about which way we want our country to go, probably one of the most important elections of our lifetime. I just want people to really look, really research, and really vote what is in your hearts.

And the person who was so eloquent about the flag, go back and look, the only thing behind him for a long time was those gold drapes.

I would also like to say that most of you on here, are the same, you have to revert to name calling and nastiness because you have nothing to stand upon except your anger.

The whole point I was making was go out and Vote Tuesday, vote your heart, regardless of what is in your heart. That is what makes America so great we all have choices.
supporter
already voted and it was a straight democratic ticket...Just hope it is enough to help all the dems out there not just Obama...I hope Tester makes it back in as well...
supporter
No argument here. With a straight face, I voted straight Dem as I will always believe that the 47% have value. And...I did it for my kids, grandkids and great grandkids.

Howdy...thank you for fixing my video. I love that one.
founder
supporter
Wow. Gold drapes. That makes me want to change my vote. (I need that sarcastic font.) Seriously, what the hell has decor to do with anything? I have blue and maroon drapes in my south parlor. What does tell you about me?

Specifics. WHAT is wrong? Keeping taxes low on the hyper-rich? Letting thousands of people die every year for lack of medical care? Building unnecessary military equipment the branches do not want to provide income for rich donors? Saying women aren't smart enough to make decisions about their own health?

So you didn't get government help. Does that mean no one should get help? Make sure women are forced to have the child of their rapists but not provide medical care during the pregnancies or any support after their child is born. How is that right?

Never mind. You think Faux News tells the truth. You have my sympathy.

Seriously? The drapes? You vote based on the drapes?!?!?!?!
supporter
You r welcome Jeri, it is hilarious, I agree...
supporter
Copied from the blog, "Opinionated Democrat"

Republicans are myopic. They only see what's directly in front of their face, and want instant gratification. They don't see long term gains whatsoever, and don't seem to understand causation and only look at effect. They don't take the time to understand to see how things are a process. This close-minded view of our nation and economy has proved devastating, and I WILL NOT go back. I'm voting for the guy who sees the long-term gain for the nation that may not be instant, but it is slow, steady, and ever-growing. My greatest wish for this nation is proper education, because without it we are doomed by the manipulative controlling the simple-minded. Fast booms lead to giant crashes, this we've seen in the 20's and in the past decade. Wake the heck up!
Really? Implying a vote on the color of drapes? Umm let's see. The democrats controlled the Presidency, the Senate and the House for the first 2 years, have not had a budget in over 3. Not one democrat voted for ANY of the proposed budget's by Obama. The Senate controlled by the Democrats won't even bring to the floor any budget from the House. The Senate is controlled by the Democrats. The House has sent budgets to the Senate where they have been tabled. Now the way it is supposed to work the President is supposed to be a leader, the House which is now and since 2010 Republican has submitted budgets to the Senate, the Senate and the House are then supposed to get together in a bipartisan way and pass a budget. Little difficult to do when nothing is leaving Harry Reids desk. They have been tabled, not submitted, not discussed not anything. Even if they don't like the Republicans budget submission, they won't even discuss it, the Senate will not even sit down and try and hammer it out. It happens to be illegal not to have a budget by the way. I have to run my household on a budget, and by the way I sure as heck do not attempt to try and stimulate my pocket book by spending way more than what is in my budget. That is just common sense. You do not spend your way out of debt. 6 trillion dollars in just over 3 years????? For what? GDP growth at under 2%? Unemployment still at 7.9%. I know I know it is all Bush's fault. Wasn't it time about 1 ½ to 2 years ago for the current administration to take responsibility?

I was not telling anyone who to vote for, I said vote from common sense, vote for who you better agree with, that simple. However for those of you that did not disappoint me, thank you for your continued closed mindedness lack of realizing that you don't have to get nasty to make a point. That normal rational people should be able to have an adult conversation without getting nasty. Even when one side does not agree with the other. It is called being bipartisan!

Now I have way more better things to do than attempt to have a rational discussion with liberals who can't see the forest through the trees..like going to clean the toilets. Have a great day, and please go vote Tuesday...
Posted by tax payer (+344) 9 years ago
Five days before the election, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has ruled out trying to work with Mitt Romney should he win next week.

"Mitt Romney's fantasy that Senate Democrats will work with him to pass his 'severely conservative' agenda is laughable," Mr. Reid said in a statement on Friday, trying to puncture Mr. Romney's closing election argument that he'll be able to deliver on the bipartisanship President Obama promised in 2008 but has struggled to live up to. ...

With Democrats appearing poised to keep control of the Senate, a President Romney would have to be prepared to work with Mr. Reid, who would set the upper chamber's schedule and determine what bills make it to the floor.

Mr. Reid flatly ruled out following Mr. Romney's agenda, saying he and his colleagues have already voted down many of those proposals, including House Republicans' budget, written by Republican vice presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan. Read the original article at The Washington Times
Oh and Amorette, this is just for you. For your illness, you said if Romney wins --that the thought just makes you sick to your stomache. You can go to any pharmacy and get Prilosec OTC. Helps every time.
founder
supporter
I seriously am sick from the stress. I hate to see this country pulled back into the same mistakes that started the mess. The economy does better under democrats than republicans. The economy does better when taxes are higher on the wealthy. And people dying for lack of medical care is an international shame.

This is no joke. As I sit here reading the 1937 Stars, I know what Republican leadership brings and it isn't prosperity for the average person.

You may find it humorous. I do not.

Do not base votes on Faux News and the camera angles of a press conferences. Please. That's all I ask.

Prilosec is for heart burn, not nausea induced by genuine worry about the future.
supporter
Too informed To Vote Republican

BEFORE YOU VOTE REPUBLICAN, GET THE FACTS: To get an idea of just how EXTREME the REPUBLICAN CONGRESS has become, read this LIST of 60 VOTES on final passage, amendments, and motions to recommit HOUSE REPUBLICANS have taken during the 112th Congress that HURT middle class Americans and WEAKEN the country.

Putting corporations that ship American jobs overseas before American workers
1. Protect federal funding for corporations that offshored or outsourced American jobs overseas (H. Res. 38, Roll no. 19)
2. Protect corporations that outsource American jobs overseas in violation of the National Labor Relations Act (H.R. 2587, Roll no. 710)
3. Protect ability of foreign countries, like China, to engage in the unfair trade practice of currency manipulation that hurts American jobs (H.R. 3078, Roll no. 780)
4. Protect corporations that outsource or plan to outsource American jobs overseas in labor elections (H.R. 3094, Roll no. 869)
Protecting massive tax breaks for the wealthiest at the expense of middle class families
5. Protect tax breaks for millionaires instead of relief for middle class families (H.R. 491, Roll no. 922)
6. Hold hostage a tax cut for middle class families to protect tax breaks for the wealthiest 2% (H.AMDT 1475 to H.R. 6169, Roll no. 550)
Attacking Medicare, Social Security and programs that help older Americans
7. End the Medicare guarantee (H. Con. Res. 34, Roll no. 277)
8. Against prohibiting ending the Medicare guarantee and turning it into a voucher system (H.R. 5, Roll no. 41)
9. Against ensuring that no funds can be used privatize and cut Social Security and Medicare (H.J.Res. 48, Roll no. 178)
10. End initiative to protect seniors who have worked a lifetime to own a home and earn financial stability (H.R. 830, Roll no. 170)
11. Against protecting preventative health care funding for seniors (H.R. 1217, Roll no. 263)
12. Against protecting seniors from abusive, predatory, unfair, and deceptive financial practices (H.R. 1315, Roll no. 620)
Attacking women's health and safety
13. Limit the ability of women to access reproductive health care (H.R. 3, Roll no. 292)
14. Take away the right of women with private health insurance to choose how they spend their own money in purchasing health insurance covering reproductive health care (H.R. 358, Roll no. 789)
15. Weaken protections for battered immigrant women who are legally here (H.R. 4970, Roll no. 258)
16. Remove protections for LGBT victims of domestic violence (H.R. 4970, Roll no. 258)
17. Against access to life-saving health care for women (H.R. 358, Roll no. 788)
18. Against protecting the medical records of victims of rape and incest (H.R. 3, Roll no. 291)
19. Eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood (H.AMDT. 95 to H.R. 1, Roll no. 93)
20. Repeal protections to ensure that health insurance companies can't discriminate on the basis of gender (H.R. 2, Roll no. 14)
Against giving middle class families a fair shake, weakening consumer protections
21. Decease Americans ability to access to affordable health care, weaken protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions, and end health care benefits (H.R. 2, Roll no. 14)
22. Block restoring Pell grants that help millions of Americans afford tuition for higher education (H.R. 1, Roll no. 146)
23. Block requirement that charter schools conduct criminal background checks for felons, registered sex offenders, and child abusers (H.R. 2218, Roll no. 704)
24. Weaken and delay consumer protections against abusive, deceptive and unfair financial practices - including for credit cards, mortgages and student loans - putting Wall Street before Main Street families (H.R. 1315, Roll no. 621)
25. Abolish help for families who are underwater to refinance into lower-cost mortgages they can afford to repay (H.R. 830, Roll no. 171)
26. Eliminate short-term loans for up to 33,000 homeowners who lost their jobs through no fault of their own and are at risk of losing their homes (H.R. 836, Roll no. 174)
27. Eliminate efforts to strengthen neighborhoods that were hard hit by the housing bubble burst (H.R. 861, Roll no. 188)
28. Against protecting against gas price increases for American families (H.R. 1938, Roll no. 649)
29. Protect oil and gas speculators that drive up gas prices (H.R. 2112, Roll no. 458)
30. Restrict ability of agencies to protect consumer health and safety (H.R 10, Roll no. 901)
31. Jeopardize funding for Amber Alerts (H.R. 1076, Roll no. 191)
32. Slash funding for programs that put food on the table for low income families and repeal programs that help working families (H.R. 5652, Roll no. 247)
Putting special interests before a government of, by, and for the people
33. Increase the influence of secret special interest groups in campaigns by eliminating options for citizens to have a voice in elections (H.R. 359, Roll no. 25)
34. Weaken protections to ensure that every vote counts, including those of service members (H.R. 672, Roll no. 466)
35. Protect pay for Members of Congress during a government shutdown (H.R. 1255, Roll no. 223)
Putting Big Oil before the environment and middle class families
36. Protect unnecessary taxpayer subsidies for Big Oil (H.J. Res. 44, Roll no. 153)
37. Reward oil companies that owe fines and penalties for damage in the Gulf Coast (H.R. 1229, Roll no. 308)
38. Protect Big Oil and corporate jet owners at the expense of middle class families (S. 627, Roll no. 676)
39. Against protecting seniors and children from lung disease (H.R. 910, Roll no. 248)
40. Prevent the EPA from addressing serious health threats from carbon pollution, including increased childhood asthma (H.R. 910, Roll no. 249)
41. Make broad swaths of the Atlantic and Pacific Coasts automatically open to lease for offshore oil drilling (H.R. 1231, Roll no. 320)
42. Weaken the Clean Air Act (H.R. 2021, Roll no. 478)
43. Against safeguards that protect our drinking water from arsenic and perchlorate (H.R. 2018, Roll no. 572)
44. Cut water quality funding (H. Amdt 143 to H.R. 1, Roll no. 123)
45. Substantially cut environmental protection (H. Con Res. 34, Roll no. 277)
46. Protect polluters over children and pregnant women (H.R. 2681, Roll no. 763)
47. Protect polluters over people who live in nursing homes and assisted living facilities (H.R. 2250, Roll no. 790)
48. Against protecting the public from toxic dust know to cause cancer and brain damage (H.R. 1633, Roll no. 911)
49. Undermine clean air standards (H.R. 1633, Roll no. 912)
50. Weaken live-saving protection from cross-state pollution (H.R. 2401, Roll no. 741)
51. Block the EPA mercury and air toxics standards that are estimated to save 12,000 every year and more than 1 million asthma attacks (H.AMDT.799 to H.R 2401, Roll no. 737)
National Defense, Homeland Security, and Veterans
52. Block increase in combat pay for troops (H.R. 1540, Roll no. 374)
53. Block protection for Gold Star widows and members of the Armed Services facing foreclosure (H.R. 839, Roll no. 197)
54. Block protection to guarantee our troops will get paid during a GOP-led government shutdown (H.R. 1363, Roll no. 246)
55. Block ensuring air marshals are deployed on the highest-risk flights (H.R. 658, Roll no. 219)
56. Prevent the Department of Homeland Security from considering the natural security impact of climate change (H.AMDT. 378 to H.R. 2017, Roll no. 392)
57. Block additional funding to increase protection for public transit, rail lines, and buses considered vulnerable to attack (H.R. 2017, Roll no. 408)
58. Against protecting housing assistance for veterans and service members (H.R. 836, Roll no. 173)
59. Block additional funding to help veterans who are returning and mobilizing, as well as their families (H.R. 2219, Roll no. 531)
60. Protect predatory lenders who target veterans (H.R. 2940, Roll no. 827)
supporter
Voting for RMoney because he is not Obama, which is pretty much DebC's argument here, is a stupid reason to vote. If that is the only basis for your decision, the patriotic thing to do for your fellow citizens is stay home or vote Gary Johnson.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1670) 9 years ago
DebC, you say you do your research. This statement seems a little suspect given....

http://www.snopes.com/pol...office.asp

If an accusation seems absolutely ludicrous (Obama doesn't place his hand over his heart during the playing of the National Anthem, the Obamas place the wrong hands over their hearts during the playing of the National Anthem, Obama listed himself as an Indonesian citizen years ago, and on and on and on), it probably is, and takes very little energy to research to dispel.

As much as the President of the United States is photographed, recorded, scrutinized and criticized, do any of these claims make any sense? The President is overly handled, managed and advised. Where's the common sense in the President and all of his handlers and advisers allowing such "unpatriotic" acts?
supporter
supporter
Something I thought was interesting in regard to the President not putting his hand on his heart when the Flag was behind him. According to what I read about that accusation, protocol is such that you put your hand over your heart when you FACE the flag. There seems to be no evidence as to what was going on at that MOMENT..so, it is just that...an accusation by someone who was playing Gottcha. Just sharing:-)
Whew, you guys sure know how to get off track. Have fun debating Kids, and yes prilosec does help the tummy.
supporter
Prilosec is for heartburn and any type of acidity...I have a box of it right here and that is what it says...being worried about the election isn't heartburn or stuff like that it is kinda like being heartsick worried...I am sure sometime in your life you have experienced heartsick worry over a loved one or something like that...well Amorette loves her country as do I which is why we are feeling heartsick worried which can affect your tummy...Just to clear that up for ya...I am not being a smart ass just trying to explain how we feel..I am a senior that worries about medicare and social security and I have dear friends that have been born with a deadly disease that won't get health insurance without obamacare...thus my worry...
supporter
Posted by Tom Cat (+163) 9 years ago
I'll go out on a limb and say I believe a Republican can no longer win the White House. I may well be wrong but it won't take long to find out now.
supporter
with Citizens United, the GOP can win anything sadly with their unlimited resources...Huge amounts of outside money are coming into Montana to support Rehberg...

[This message has been edited by howdy (11/4/2012)]
I'm of the opinion all politicians are of the same cloth regardless of their affiliation. Local politics are an exception, but any career politician, community organizer, etc., is entrenched so deeply in the system that they are all feeding at the trough of the public and know no other way.
Posted by gypsykim (+1556) 9 years ago
DebC, you said you weren't telling anyone how to vote. In your very first post you said,
Well it is plain to see the Liberals are still at it in Miles City. OK you're entitled to your opinion, but so are we.

If that isn't telling us how to vote, I don't know what is.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 9 years ago
God, I just want this to be over.
Wendy, I couldn't agree with you more, though I am worried for my families future.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+797) 9 years ago
DebC , I have had had suspicians about a number of Democrats being on the same pay roll as the republicans, but it all goes back to follow the money. DEMOCRATS like Reid had opportunities to tighten up the regulation to stop corruption and instead they rolled over and played dead and let Reagan and George Bush and company make it possible for the upper 1 tenth of the 1% suck up the nation's wealth. But Deb, the bottom line is the money that has been spent in this election is a part of the class warfare waged against the 99%a and it blurs our visions on whom we can trust. You don't have to read liberal journals to find out whose side a candidate is on. Just follow their voting record and watch who is opposing him or her and who is slinging the muck.
By the way, whose money is creating their wealth? Likely it was your parents and grandparent when their pension plans got wiped out and the taxpayers when George Bush bailed out Wall Street.

Jeri, you'll be proud of me, I got my information from Bill Moyers.
supporter
Betty...I am proud of you. So happy when PBS brought him back from retirement. I like Dan Rather too. axs.tv... Dan Rather reports. They GET to tell the truth!!
Posted by Mufasa (+92) 9 years ago
I'm voting Romney/Ryan. The nigger didn't clean up the mess fast enough.

sarcasm font

[This message has been edited by Mufasa (11/5/2012)]
Mufasa,

A prime example of exactly what I was saying.

Bigoted stupid people.
I was not going to reply to this anymore, as you cannot have a decent conversation with people who are not open minded, and unless you agree with them you get called nasty things. However I will not sit by when someone uses the n word and be silent. No matter what your political feelings are there is no place for that type of word. I could care less what nationality someone is- what color of skin they have, and this type of comment just continues to keep this country divided. I am supporting Romney and Ryan because they have more of the values and ideas that fit with what we see and want for our country. Now for the democrats --liberals, if this was a republican president that got called this name would you have the guts to stand up and say this is wrong?
There is no place for bigotry in our country. Now DebC, tell me. What Republicans do you know that would run a black man for President of the United States?
I can attest only to where I hail from, but black Republicans are as scarce as hen's teeth. At home, if one want's to win a local election, they must run as Democrat to get the black vote. If you don't get a portion of the black vote you will not win. It's that simple period. I vote for the person not the party. As for the "n" word, anywhere there are a large number of blacks, a white cannot use that word. I know people personally who have lost their jobs, been publically ridiculed and many have publically apoligized.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9193) 9 years ago
As for the "n" word, anywhere there are a large number of blacks, a white cannot use that word.

Oh, poor baby. It's almost as though they should just get over it or something. I mean, procreate, we started to let them vote and everything almost 50 years ago for Christs sake, shouldn't that let us call a niCLANG a niCLANG, amirite?
Anyone want to make a "$10,000" bet that we won't still be waiting to hear the election results in Dec. It's going to take that long for the people in Florida to get through the lines and make it into the poll booths.

Likee, Donald Trump, AI have a time limit on my bets.

[This message has been edited by Elizabeth Emilsson (11/5/2012)]
supporter
If Obama wins Ohio and Colorado, he won't need Florida....
supporter
Hmmm.... Where is Bob L?
The Denver post thinks that it will be Wednesday morning before they finish counting in Colorado.

Sorry, the times up on my bet.
supporter
For those who have followed the Frontline, "Big Sky - Big Money" documentary the other night, I found it interesting to read the article and the potential donors to the dirty money ads that have been going out. Certainly a huge interest in the "Right to Work Law" revival as it is a super way to funnel money and, they are serious. Those of you still working are making too much money..too many perks..and, the minimum wage is tooooo high. My deceased brother in law has received several requests for money to help with that and, of course Rick Hill is the candidate who favors the law. Send money to help him with the law...they cannot support an individual. Right!

No surprise as to connections to the Romney campaign and potential donors included a former Gov. Martz connection...and, it goes on and on. If you even care one iota for this country and this State...you will "Vote Smart" tomorrow if you have not already.
supporter
If you go by Nate Silvers figures and predictions, this election won't even be close...should be interesting to see how accurate he is but from his mouth to Gods ears...
supporter
Don't be a bully howdy. Everyone needs to make up their own mind, in a solipsistic fugue, or it will make Marty cry.
supporter
If you go by the "Redskin Rule", RMoney supposedly wins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...skins_Rule
supporter
LOL, Bridgier...
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 9 years ago
Mufasa,

I think folks misunderstood your post, honey.
Wendy, I understood Mufusa's post perfectly, if that is the one you are referring to, but it won't fly regardless of the context.
Posted by Mufasa (+92) 9 years ago
A campaign is a marathon, not a sprint. Since it is a marathon, I'm voting for the guy from Kenya.

Jeffrey Ross