Big Sky Car Wash
Posted by mt_mom (+127) 8 years ago
I went to Big Sky Car Wash this morning to clean and vacuum my car, half way through cleaning out the car, the attendant came out and told me I would have to take the garbage out of the dumpster and put it back in my car. I told him I was cleaning my car at the car wash so I could then vacuum and wash it (let me mention this was not house garbage or excess garbage, rather, the misc. items from my car). He said they don't take the garbage from my car an then made me reach in and take out all of the garbage I had put in. Needless to say, I am a little pissed. I have always used this car wash and sincerely like Jack and his family, but I will be taking my business elsewhere as long as the prick of an attendant is working there.
Posted by Chrissy (+217) 8 years ago
I had a similar experience a little while back and even heard an attendant screaming at someone near the vacuum area something about "what do you think you are doing?!" - I was in Albertson's parking lot when I heard all of that, by the way. I'm not sure what the issue is but I also go out of my way to no longer use this car wash. I'm sorry to hear about this - that's a bit excessive to say the least. Hope your day goes better!
Posted by nativemc (+889) 8 years ago
I believe that Stevenson & Sons own this carwash. Please contact them for complaints. This of course is not the first I have heard of this jovial caring fellows natural warm personality.
Posted by mark p (+33) 8 years ago
I also had the same type of problem with this guy at the car wash. I know that the Stevenson brother own this car wash and wonder if they no the kind of treatment this guy is giving there customers at the car wash. I know I'am using Town Pump car wash from now on.
supporter
Posted by Montana Beauty Services (+201) 8 years ago
Love this car wash, always good service. Every time I use town pump my car is still dirty.
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2603) 8 years ago
I will never go back for as long as that nazi is working there!!!
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1480) 8 years ago
Figure out what his vehicle looks like, and just go when he is not around.
Posted by Nicoles (+135) 8 years ago
We had the same thing happen to us...I have also had a few other friends tell me the same thing...I know I won't be going back there as long as that attendant is working there..he was very rude, I could see it if you were filling up their garbage cans or bringing household garbage to toss but just throwing out a few cans/cups and some paper before you give them your money to vacuum out your car??? I thought that is what those garbage cans were for??
Posted by cupcakemom (+136) 8 years ago
same thing happened to my husband... washed motorcycle and pickup and the nazi made him wash the mud off the floor down the drain... when the floor wasnt perfectly clean when he arrived using his own money.
Posted by Fredy (+7) 8 years ago
Dear MT Mom and others,
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.I was called in and discipined by my bosses.I was wrong in how I treated you.
I sincerely apologize for offending you and anybody else in the past.I love my job and take it very serious.Not to make excuses,but I know that I am not good at dealing with the public.My voice is loud and my demeanor comes across wrong.This is a weakness that I am seriously working on to change.
Please accept my apology.I am very sorry.I will do it personally if I get a chance.

Sincerely,
Fredi
Posted by MeiMei (+160) 8 years ago
Impressive apology!! I think it speaks much better of Fredy and shows more class than those who chose to use the word Nazi in their complaints.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16627) 8 years ago
I agree with MeiMei.

Miles City is a Christian town, and as Christians, you should give Fredy a second chance to redeem himself.
Posted by Toni Rentschler (+1510) 8 years ago
I wouldn't take that crappy apology! If he has been like this with MORE THEN ONE person.... And he stated that he doesn't do well with the public... THEN DONT WORK WITH THE PUBLIC! Easy as that. These are people that are paying YOUR! house bills. They are coming to your place of employment and spending their money, if they weren't there to do such a thing.... YOU WOULD BE IN A CARDBORD BOX! Grow up Fredy!
Posted by MeiMei (+160) 8 years ago
Wow, I guess you have never made a mistake. I sure have.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14673) 8 years ago
Hey Toni... halloween is over, you can dismount your broom now.

+++++++

Fredy, it probably took some courage to apologize. Good for you. You have made a positive first step.
Posted by Chrissy (+217) 8 years ago
I must admit, I never expected this thread to include an apology. That totally redeemed my view of this car wash & employee! Thank you for the apology! That takes character and,frankly, guts. For once, I'm kind of glad my car needs cleaned out! Guess who's headed to Big Sky Car Wash this weekend.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9973) 8 years ago
Wow Toni. That's really uncalled for. The dude apologized.
Posted by Chris Sirchia (+631) 8 years ago
Fredy, you're a gentleman and a scholar! But still let the people dump their car trash. And only their car trash. Otherwise go get 'em!!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11432) 8 years ago
I am delighted by the apology. Even though I have never seen an attendant near the place.

Perhaps, Toni, Fredy has some social issues that make it hard for him to respond appropriately. Perhaps he has difficulty finding employment because of this and is grateful to be employed and is making genuine effort to learn and improve. Perhaps you should cut him some slack and take the apology as sincere and well-meaning and be grateful.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9741) 8 years ago
wOw! The man offered a public apology - one that sounded darned sincere - and he gets dumped on like that???
Posted by mt_mom (+127) 8 years ago
Fredi, I appreciate your apology and of course gladly accept it. I too apologize for flipping you off. That is so out of my character. It started out a rough day and the garbage issue was the straw that broke this camels back. Tomorrow will be a better day, for both of us I am sure.
Posted by Mufasa (+85) 8 years ago
Mathew 7:1
Posted by montanaman (+302) 8 years ago
I have to admit the public apology was nice of Freddie. To bad people have to go the extreme of posting on Miles City.Com to get anything done thou. I was yelled at by Freddie several years ago my wife could hear him yelling and cussing at me over the car wash while sitting in the vehicle. Again same problem of getting mud on the floor of the wash bay, who would of thought you couldn't do that in a car wash huh? Anyway my wife called one of the Stevenson's to complain she got the wife of one and they kind of condoned Freddie's actions saying well the business next doors complains about the trash and mud blowing on to their lot. I'm thinking that is what Freddie is for and to clean up mud out of the sump? I'm pretty sure Freddie was made to apologize publicly as part of his discipline. Again it had to go to this measure to get anything done because it wasn't corrected in the beginning years back. I told my wife if he ever treated me like that again I would call the authorities and dealt with. I do use town pump more now thou.
Posted by Skye (+386) 8 years ago
Yeah I get pissed to when people drag their muddy feet into Walmart! They should have to sweep and mop after every step!
Posted by luvlife (+290) 8 years ago
I guess I was taken back when I saw all of these negative run-in's with Fredi as I have been going there for as long as I can remember and never once had a bad experience with him.
Fredi is always very helpful and personable when I have been around him and he takes great pride in his work as I see it.
I'm not saying these people are wrong in their comments and it sounds like Fredi is taking responsiblity for his actions...I just wanted to add that I was shocked to hear of him treating customers this way.
I think it is uncalled for to use the word "Nazi". How does that help the situation?
Except his apology and go from there and remember we all have bad days and hopefully it won't happen again.
I only go to "BigSky Carwash"...I like the fact that Fredi is there almost always and can help if there is a problem.
Thats my experience!
Posted by Ryan (+482) 8 years ago
When Stevenson's first bought the car wash and had recently opened we went through the express car wash. We saw Freddy standing there watching the cleaning. As soon as it was done I noticed we still had some soap on my car. Freddy noticed it too. Told us to go back through, which they paid, and apologized. He told me he doesn't want a vehicle leaving here after it has been cleaned and having it still look dirty because its bad for business. That is why we keep going back...
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1486) 8 years ago
My experience unfortunately forced me to NEVER go back to Big Sky Car Wash, but not because of poor service. Quite the opposite!

I was washing my car when I had a fatal heart attack. Freddi immediately rushed over to me, opened one of my suit cases (I no longer live in Miles City, so I was visiting), selected a very nice ensemble, embalmed me, making sure that ALL fluids went INTO the drain, converted my Pinto into a casket (it was already a death trap), and buried me.

What can I say? If I could, I would come back to die there every day! In fact, a perfect slogan would be "Big Sky Car Wash- You'll just DIE!"

Cheers in Heaven!
FH
Posted by HUBBZ (+90) 8 years ago
Well I will vouch for MT Mom as I know her personally and her reaction was way out of character. Fredy must have really pissed her off. This has happened to someone close to me as well and I will not allow anyone to treat my family that way either. Its really a shame because Big Sky Car Wash has the nicest facilities and their car wash does a great job compared to the competitor down the street. The vacuum area has trash bins on all of the vacuum stands. People typically like to empty their car out first and then vacuum, followed by washing the exterior. If you yell and scream at somebody before they get a chance to do all of these activities, you will make alot less money. The Stevensons are good people and even better business people so I am not telling them anything they dont already know. I will also say that it takes a big person to step up and apologize and for that Fredy, kudos. However I hope you are sincere and this behavior changes. I also hope the Stevensons hold you to this and monitor the change. I will be back, but only because I respect and like the Stevenson family.
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+765) 8 years ago
The questions that no one has asked... What are Big Sky Car wash policies. Are the dumpsters there for customers use, is it expected of the customer to wash the concrete down once they are soiled? If it is known, or even posted then customers would have no excuse for not following them.

If it is an issue of loose garbage blowing around, maybe a coin operated bag dispenser in the case of customers that don't have bags.
Posted by Urgrimm (+6) 8 years ago
Hi there,
i can attest to him being the first person to admit if he is wrong. The problem i see here mainly is stereotyping when it comes to his heritage. His family worked very hard to fit into a community and make their own way without relying on anyone's help and to call somebody a "nazi" because his demeanor is louder then what they are used to is plainly spoken very wrong. News flash : "The war is over!"
Fredi is without a doubt the most honorable person that has a strong work ethic code he follows. He takes pride in his work and likes to joke and laugh. I wish people would try and tell him a joke instead of calling him a nazi and you would give him a chance as a person before attacking him publicly in a personal matter. He works hard and is the first person to come out at night if there are issues with your wash. He religiously checks his computer and the cameras to make sure customers are happy. How do i know this? If you ever have a problem you can set your watch that he will be there within 20 minutes to fix it. In my oppinion what happened here was a misunderstanding that escalated unfortunately but i still believe that Fredi was dumb founded when he found out that there was a post created in "his honor". Honestly give him a chance instead of writing him off and youll notice there is a reason why Big Sky is still going strong and has a strong customer base.

[This message has been edited by Urgrimm (11/22/2012)]
supporter
supporter
sponsor
Gunnar is stating which of the following:

1. You should not beat a dead horse?

2. CPR (Cane Pulmonary Resuscitation) should be used until an AED (Automated Equine Defibrillator) arrives?

3. It's important to semaphore your buddy AC when his horse is having a relapse and thinks it's a cow without legs named Ground Beef?

4. This rather obscure system of Horse Code probably won't see much use unless the company wants to pony up with an awful lot of dead horses to use?

FH
supporter
Ok I'll say it,,,, Sorry Fredi for calling you a nazi.
Posted by DAVE HERRING (+77) 8 years ago
PEOPLE THIS CAR WASH IS A PLACE OF BUSINESS, YOU THE "CAR WASH" IS THERE FOR A PURPOSE AND THAT IS TO SERVE THE COMMUNITY (BUT ALSO AS A WAY TO MAKE A LIVING FOR YOU AND YOUR EMPLOYEES)...BOTTOM LINE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP A BUSINESS THEN TREAT THE CUSTOMERS AS THEY SHOULD BE TREATED AND STOP ALL THESE SILLY GAMES. IF YOU DONT WANT THEM THROWING TRASH OUT THEN GET RID OF THE TRASH CANS. GOOD LORD PEOPLE HOW HARD DOES THIS HAVE TO BECOME.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14673) 8 years ago
Posted by HUBBZ (+90) 8 years ago
Correct me if I am wrong Cubby but I am fairly certain your use of the word Nazi came from a much different place than you are being accused of. You see in Cubby and my generation the word Nazi means something a whole lot different than it does to my grandparents. Seinfeld had a character that was referred to as a Soup Nazi. All that meant was he was very strict about who ate his soup. You may not agree with me but I am sure Cubby was referring to the strict way he deals with his customers, not his origin or any other racial spin.
supporter
sponsor
Richard is stating which of the following:

1. You should not beat a dead horse?

2. CPR (Cane Pulmonary Resuscitation) should be used until an AED (Automated Equine Defibrillator) arrives?

3. It's important to semaphore your buddy AC when his horse is having a relapse and thinks it's a cow without legs named Ground Beef?

4. This rather obscure system of Horse Code probably won't see much use unless the company wants to pony up with an awful lot of dead horses to use?

FH
supporter
It's deja vu all over again.
supporter
Thanks HUBBZ at least someone took it the way I was stating it. Had no meaning to where he's from.
supporter
I really thought that the problem had been cleared up untill I just had a talk with my next door neighbor. She was at the Bigsky car wash earlier this week washing her husbands truck when out of no where Freddy walks up from behind her and takes the wand out of her hand and starts to yelling at her on how to wash the truck so no mud gets outside the bay area. Very rudely, and then starts washing the mud down the drain with the wand while yelling at her, mind you all on her dollar. Well guys there goes another unhappy customer that said she will never be back because he has not changed his ways. Hope this gets brought back up to the ownerts because I know they will not be happy with old Freddy.....
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9741) 8 years ago
I think it's a damned disgrace the way you people treat horses.
supporter
sponsor
Hal is stating which.......

...of, forget it.
Posted by hankjr (+137) 7 years ago
so if he apoligizes y is he kicking people out and yelling at them agian for washing there car/pickup lol
Posted by cupcakemom (+136) 7 years ago
NO CAR WASH FOR YOU!!!
Posted by mtgman (+87) 7 years ago
Freddy needs to go back to where he came from.What an unreasonable A hole. I wont go back.
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2603) 7 years ago
Here we go again!!
Posted by Spencer Haynes (+253) 7 years ago
You people need to get a life. What is someone came to your work and told you how to do your job and posted it for the world to see. You should be ashamed. There is a number at the car wash to call if you have a problem.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9973) 7 years ago
I know. MilesCity.com is just horrible for allowing people to post their thoughts and reviews of local businesses online. Who else would allow such a thing?! Oh, wait ...

http://www.yelp.com/searc...City%2C+MT