Shooting in MC today?
Posted by homesweet (+71) 9 years ago
So apparently it was going around the middle school and highschool today that there was a shooting over by the middle school, and the person shot was the person who had raped the girl last week (and another girl before that??). Does anyone know anything about this? I don't even remember hearing sirens. The neighbor kids were all talking about it today after school and filled me in on these details lol. So not a very reliable source I am sure, but curiousity has gotten the best of me
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 9 years ago
Anybody?
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
I think the shooter was the alligator that lives in the Yellowstone.
Posted by Skye (+381) 9 years ago
You know...I did see an ambulance traveling down that way at a very slow pace with no sirens on...guess some people don't always get fast service lol.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
My favorite grapevine moment was about 1980. A piece of old plaster and lathe ceiling in the basement fell down when classes were changing at the high school. School was let out because they were concerned a few more bits might fall down and the plaster dust made everyone cough.

Within minutes, the word was out that the high school had been blown up, nothing was left but a smoking ruins, hundreds, maybe thousands were dead. You know the drill.

What made it funny was I was told about this while standing in front of the Presbyterian Church. You know, on the corner where if you turn around, you can SEE the high school. No smoke. No flashing lights. Nada.

My younger brother spilled some pop on his shoes because he was taking a drink at the other end of the hall when the ceiling fell but that was about it for damages.

But I still remember the rumors. The hysteria. It was delightful.

[This message has been edited by Amorette Allison (10/31/2012)]
Posted by neonfreedom (+290) 9 years ago
my sister live 1/2 a block awayfrom Washington Jr high and said she heard a couple shots the other day not to far from her house
Posted by neonfreedom (+290) 9 years ago
my sister live 1/2 a block awayfrom Washington Jr high and said she heard a couple shots the other day not to far from her house
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+674) 9 years ago
I was sitting upstairs and I heard a couple of shots the other night...

Then I remembered I had an action movie playing on the tv downstairs.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+797) 9 years ago
Good Lord! Allison. That was about the time when THE GLOVE was leaving cryptic messages near the gym. . I got a call from the adminstration about who was behind THE GLOVE messages.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9195) 9 years ago
Was it the same person who was publishing some rogue muckraking newspaper for their fellow students?
Posted by Chris Sirchia (+626) 9 years ago
Those shots that were heard around Washinton Jr.High were actually a sorry soul who ate too much chili and then had some really good sausage from WallyWorld. What a match!
Or a truck backfiring? Same thing??
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+797) 9 years ago
That's the one, Bridger.