Speakers at the football game
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11978) 9 years ago
If it is this loud over at my house, what on earth must it be like for people who live closer? I would hate to try to put a baby to bed on a football game night if I lived anywhere near.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3267) 9 years ago
The radio station is going to work on their equipment due to some problems but no mention of the loudspeakers. Wow..they are blasting.
Posted by CK (+846) 9 years ago
second. I was able to listen to the game from the near the waste treatment plant.
Posted by boxdmc (+96) 9 years ago
I was sitting in the stands and I didn't think it was any louder usual. Just a clear night where sound really carries I guess.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1911) 9 years ago
Amorette. At least cheering Cowboys fans didn't bother you(see Brian's post).
founder
supporter
I could sit out on my balcony and follow the game with no problem. Well, I could have were I inclined to do that sort of thing. Instead I sat inside doing Stardust and still got the high points.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6115) 9 years ago
Bob - I can't decide which is more deafening: the loudspeakers at Denton, or the silence in response to my post.
Posted by abigail (+76) 9 years ago
I agree it was a little loud, but i think of it this way, what else is there to do in town for kids, nothing or barely nothing, if it requires a little loud game i will take it in a heart beat to pull kids together and stay out of trouble.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6115) 9 years ago
+1 for Abigail.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3267) 9 years ago
Well, heck...I totally agree with Abigail and if there was nothing wrong with the speakers...that is good too. They had mentioned on the radio that they were going to work on their sound so thought maybe something was "haywire".
founder
supporter
I know the guys who set off the cannon only used to use their hearing protection when setting off the cannon. Now they have to wear them all the time because of how close they are to the speaker.

And there are LOTS of things for kids and adults to do in town besides go to football games. Almost too much sometimes.
Posted by Spencer Haynes (+254) 9 years ago
Amorette, what exactually is this, kids have "to much to do sometimes". Please share a list of things kids can do, in the evenings! Besides homework...last I checked there isnt much a kid can do at night.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9307) 9 years ago
last I checked there isnt much a kid can do at night.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the pregnate teen thread...
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 9 years ago
supporter
The football games don't help, Bridgier. That's where they hook up.
Posted by Radioman (+6) 9 years ago
Rally Ammorette, is that the only thing you have to complain about this week. Cant you find something else besides high school sports activity.... How about the color that your hair dress did to your hair.....
founder
supporter
How about the color that your hair dress did to your hair.....

This is one of those moments when the phrase "non sequitur" comes to mind.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9307) 9 years ago
That's where they hook up.

And once again, the scrubs are left on the sidelines...
supporter
They're NOT scrubs. They're winners!