Tuesday`s Debate
Posted by Cody Miller (+23) 9 years ago
Just a thought on the Presidental debate Tues nite. Much the same stuff from both candidates with one notable exception. Gov Romney kept repeating that he knows how to run a business. I have been in business for many years and know how to run a business. Take a look at how the businesses that he ran made money. Closing plants, raiding pension plans and moving jobs out of the country so that profits would be higher for the executives and CEO.
Our Government is not a business!!!! The last time I read our Constitution, I seem to remember the words in there stating that:
This is a Government of the people, by the people and for the people.
Or words to that effect. I do not recall anywhere in our Constitution that says our Government should be a for profit business to make the stock holders and CEO richer at the expense of those of us that they govern.
I was undecided how to vote until this debate. I now see that I would rather this Country be run as a Government and not as a business under a CEO like Romney.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2743) 9 years ago
Agreed.

A good meme started last night. Google "binders full of women."

Here is an example....http://bindersfullofwomen.tumblr.com/

[This message has been edited by Kelly (10/17/2012)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 9 years ago
RMoney's behavior (behavior=verbiage spewed+body language) last night is further evidence why items such as Celestial Exaltation and the Law of Eternal Progression matter. In this mans view, we are all his children trapped in Spirit Prison and he is the missionary that has been sent from paradise above to see if we will accept his "good news".

We simply cannot allow a man (or woman) that subscribes to this kind of religious literalism anywhere near 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. His arrogance and condescension are both breath-taking and alarming.
Posted by Larry W. Dann (+58) 9 years ago
Good post Cody I made up my mind who I was going to vote for back in April. I am retired from 44 years of work and drawing Social Security also. That makes me part of the 47% of Americans that Mr. Romney does not care about.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+792) 9 years ago
Richard, I totally agree with you. Remember in his eyes, we are all gentiles. I just hope that after I die, some Morman won't baptize me and marry me so I can go to Morman Heaven.