Female Yellow Lab lost..... wants her family back
Posted by Tracy P. (+97) 9 years ago
Female yellow lab came into my backyard last night. She has a light blue collar, is sweet, and smart (knows how to open gate). If you know who she belongs to please contact me ASAP. Don't want to call dog catcher would rather find owners myself. Call me at 853-1120
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 9 years ago
PLEASE do NOT call animal control. I have heard too many horror stories from people about what happens with animals that are picked up. They are thrown together into the kennel and not that long ago a dog was killed by another dog. Call Diane Grutkowski who does animal rescue if you can't find the owner.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
And if you have cats, what then? We know you hate animal control and the East Main folks but that aren't a lot of alternatives, especially if Diane goes over her limit.
Posted by JessicaLee (+155) 9 years ago
I happen to work for animal control and I assure you we would never intentionally "throw " a dog in the big kennel with other dogs knowing that the dog would harm another dog. We do have Protocol for vicious animals that we do follow. And I am sure most of what you have heard is not true as we all know how rumors fly in this small town. I work hard to care for peoples lost animals and i know Brian does as well. It is a small building and we work with what we have and unfortunately there are many many lost or abandoned animals in this county and its sad. Don't believe everything you hear.
The number in the phone book for Diane is disconnected. Anyone know her number?
She found her family and is home. Thanks everyone
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
Another happy ending...Hooray!!
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1904) 9 years ago
If these dogs are so damn smart, why do they always get lost? My dog is an absolute moron and she never gets lost.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
Tracy P. wrote:
The number in the phone book for Diane is disconnected. Anyone know her number?

Not that it matters now, but did you look under "Olive"?

Glad the dog and its owner were reunited.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1904) 9 years ago
And I'm also glad the dog is home.
Posted by hat_3275 (+76) 9 years ago
What does Olive have anything to do with it?!!! She hardly posts on here anymore!! Leave her alone!!!
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2627) 9 years ago
I thought Olive was Laura not Diane? Now you guys have me all confused

[This message has been edited by cubby (10/8/2012)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
hat_3275 wrote:
What does Olive have anything to do with it?!!! She hardly posts on here anymore!! Leave her alone!!!

Hmmm... someone needs a Hoppy Meal from Frank Hardy's Hawaiian Hot Dog House.