Letter to Editor about Daines
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 9 years ago
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
Kaycy, the letter does say it all. Mr. Daines is listed with the group who has signed on with Grover Norquist and ATR. Check atr.org and you will see that both he and Rehberg are members. That just renders them beholden to Grover and I think you have already seen how it has prevented Rehberg from legislating. A perpetual "NO" Vote is a hate vote not a rational one. Today the Gazette endorsed him...and, I imagine it is because, they too, are indebted to the same group as well. We just need representation for OUR State...not their club. Just my opinion. Kim Gillan has a proven record.
supporter
Ooops...sure messes up your name. Sorry...Kacey.
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 9 years ago
http://www.innovatemontan...-rightnow/

Nice story about how Daines sold out the company he brags about having started...and how people lost their jobs because he sold it.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17318) 9 years ago
Let's not forget how Steve Daines' company benefited from $15 million in contracts with the federal government over the years.

But conveniently forgetting FACTS is the IGNORANT Republican voter's way of life, isn't it?
Posted by GCC (-602) 9 years ago
Kudos to the Billings Gazette for endorsing Steve Daines.
Posted by Bill N (+64) 9 years ago
Kacey,
You linked to an article that talked about people being concerned about possible layoffs. It did not talk about "how Daines sold out the company he brags about having started...and how people lost their jobs because he sold it." Was Daines even on the board of directors when they voted to sell the company?

Gunnar,
I'm not sure I understand your point. Has Steve Daines ever said it was wrong for a company to sell software and services to the federal government?

I mean, bash whichever politician you want, but surely you can both bring better material than this to the echo chamber.

--Bill
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4460) 9 years ago
You're going to ask why an anti-Fed conservative shouldn't talk out both sides of his mouth? I can't wait to hear Gunnar's response.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
Daines said the stimulus money was EVIL and BAD. Although it was okay when HE took it, it was EVIL and BAD for everyone else.

My check is good. Your check is bad.

Simple as that.
Posted by Mathew Schmitz (+284) 9 years ago
Daines always has that smarmy "I'm better and smarter than the rest of you" look on his face. Reminds me of Rmoney every time I see his face. Thats bad juju. Speaking of Rmoney, has anybody else noticed that he looks like a white man again? That "tan" he had sure went away fast.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17318) 9 years ago
Thanks Buck and Amorette.

Bill, I would think that was pretty easy to figure out on your own. You do not see any hypocrisy in railing against the government when one is getting government assistance? Kind of like those on Social Security and Medicare railing against entitlement programs.

Not sure how to make it any simpler.
supporter
Gunnar (sp)...I just hate to say this because I like you...but, Social Security is not an entitlement program...I paid in over fifty years and will never see all of it...and, I pay every month for Medicare and have yet to meet the deductible.

Mr. Daines biggest thing is his link to Grover Norquist...he signed the Pledge so is beholden to ATR...who is in bed with ALEC...both, sponsored by Corporations. (BILL MILLS) He even says so on his AD...! I think that renders him useless for the people of Montana.
Posted by Mufasa (+92) 9 years ago
Jeri needs to get a dictionary and look up entitlement. Yes Jeri, Social Security IS an entitlement. You paid into it for years, so you are entitledto the benefit. Veterans' benefits are also entitlements. They fought for the country, so they are entitled to the benefit.

No wonder this country is so procreated up. People can't even get the definition of one word right.
supporter
The same thing happened when the practicers of homosex misappropriated the word "gay". I used to be totally gay all the time. Now I have to be fabulous until someone comes along and ruins that one, too.
supporter
I sure did put my foot in that one:-) I have always looked at it as a Retirement Program where I made the choice at a certain age to start drawing from it. It is when it is called a subsidy that I get a hair defensive. Sorry Gunnar. Dumb on my part. I stand corrected Mufasa.

And...I hear you about the various theft of verbiage. You should read my annuals:-) We recently had a chuckle over our old "Gay" word at a reunion. Time moves on, however. It is a bit of a problem with the various generations always being in tune!!!
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17048) 9 years ago
Have you noticed that Buck seems a little, ummm, fabulous?

Fox News or somebody has so villified the word "entitlement" that people are afraid to admit they rightfully receive them. I think "korky" had a similar OMG moment to learn that s/he is also a recipient of a government "entitlement".
Posted by tax payer (+344) 9 years ago
Howdy doesn't think of it as an entitlement either.
supporter
Thanks David. Can barely get a joke off around here anymore.