Romney calls Obama`s bluff
banned
Posted by SD (+1525) 9 years ago
No one started the thread so I guess I will. I saw on the news where it was the most lopsided presidential debate in history. One post debate news media polled 24 undecided votors who attended the debate. After the debate ,of the previously 24 undecided votors , 1 decided to vote for Obama , three were still undecided and 20 decided to vote for Romney. Have at it kids...
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
If you're undecided at this point, you're a moran.

Happy?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
No one started the thread so I guess I will.

I'm good, but not so good that I can read your mind about what thread you would like started. And Spock hasn't started posting here yet.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
Thought there was already a thread about the debate??? Huh...figment of my imagination I guess... NOT!!!
banned
Hardly so Bridgier. This is where the public gets to see the two of them lock horns. Not only are undecideds up for grabs , but also those votors who had already decided. I predict Romney will win all 3 debates. Perhaps not as lopsided as this one , where Obama was called "flaccid" but he will still win. I like algore , who said the reason why Obama was so out of it is because of the altitude. Maybe bill maher can get Obama his teleprompter. To Obama , his teleprompter is like a pacifier , it is cruel to take it away from him and make him cry.
banned
Richard , if you cannot read the thread I started , take another look , it is about the debate that Romney overwhelmingly won. Dock that spacecraft , drop a ladder and come on down to Earth.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17053) 9 years ago
What "bluff" are you referring to?
Posted by Cody Miller (+17) 9 years ago
Wonder why Romney did not repeat his opinion about the 47% of us that he does not care about.
Yesterday he said he was just plain wrong with that comment.
He got caught voicing his real opinion and had to flip flop his position. Just like his advisors are flip flopping his medicare comments from the debate. Now they say pre-existing conditions WILL prevent people from getting insurance under his plan.
Whose bluff got called anyway?
banned
Ooooops , I did not see the other thread about the debate , I was away from the computer when it was started I guess or I just plain missed it. I was wondering why there was not a thread on it lol.
supporter
banned
If Obama would have brought up the 47% it would have been a perfect opening for Romney to say he was wrong and apologise in front of some 65 million viewers. It was not Obama`s night , to say the least.
supporter
SD if you didn't see the other thread on the debate HOW COME YOU POSTED ON IT...Geez you are getting as bad as your hero Romney

http://milescity.com/foru...62/#274969

[This message has been edited by howdy (10/5/2012)]
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 9 years ago
SD,

Obama let him win. Pure and simple. He let Romney shoot his mouth off and spew all kinds of bs.

It was great. Romney was too stupid to realize it.
supporter
it would have been a perfect opening for Romney to say he was wrong and apologise in front of some 65 million viewers

Yeah, because when I was a wee naughty lad, and had to apologize to my siblings before I could get dessert, there was naught but sincerity to be found in my words.

He still thinks your a lazy moocher who should be rendered down into lamp shades and fertilizer SD, no matter what he says.
Posted by Cody Miller (+17) 9 years ago
A link to an excellent article that shows where we are going
http://www.theamericancon...-the-rich/
supporter
Posted by mckee (+389) 9 years ago
SD I wouldn't worry about missing the other thread as it was all democrates and they were concerned about Big Bird, I love PBS we watch it alot. My kids loved Seasme street, but borrowing $ from another country to pay for a TV station is wrong, there's nothing saying that we couldn't work out financing ourselves. On CNN, Fox and other news stations said that since 47% wasn't brought up
it wasn't debated. And before you get rude and snotting like some of you do, I've been a regristered democrate since 18 but I have not voted for a democrate for President in awhile. Also the democrates themselves said that they would have cut 5 trillion from us.

[This message has been edited by mckee (10/5/2012)]

[This message has been edited by mckee (10/5/2012)]
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 9 years ago
Twenty four is hardly a statistically significant sample size. That said, the little I saw of the debate showed me a man who is comfortable being a bully and a man who is weary from performing the duties of his position. Overall it was not a brilliant debate.
Posted by Phil Shifley (+116) 9 years ago
"three were still undecided and 20 decided to vote for Romney"

Looks like there are 20 more people in this world that just got smarter!
When you talke about mentioning the 47%,,,,, maybe Romney should have brought up Obama's idea of making US service members pay for thier own medical insurance, you know,,, since they're all volunteers and all
or maybe his multiple remarks about the high gas prices not bothering him since it might force the US to go greener,,,,, I guess the fact that it's costing all of us an arm and leg to live isn't any part of the concern
or maybe he should have brought up the fact that Obama has been caught on two occasions stating that he will not reveal all of his post election agenda until after the election,,,,, hmmm seems he doesn't want voters to know what he's going to do,,,, he knows he won't get elected if he did!
Fact of the matter is they both have things that could sink thier boats, but frankly I don't think Romney is all that wrong,,, I think the number should be more around 40% worthless pieces of crap in America that let the rest of us pull thier weight.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 9 years ago
I agree. We are entitled to cheap gasoline.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
I can't believe anyone would make a decision based on who looked 'better' in the debate? Either you support the Republican outlook or the Democratic outlook. There are some pretty major differences and an intelligent voter should make decisions based on that.
founder
Phil Shifley wrote:
"...maybe Romney should have brought up Obama's idea of making US service members pay for thier own medical insurance, you know,,, since they're all volunteers and all..."

Phil, please tell us more about this plan. Provide a source where Obama said he was going to make veterans pay for their own medical insurance. Provide a source where Obama said that since service members volunteered they should accept financial responsibility for treatment of service-related injuries.

I'm waiting...
Posted by hat_3275 (+77) 9 years ago
Do you guys even want any of our freedoms we are now enjoying?!!! Because the way I see it Obama is trying to take them away!!! I can not believe people support that!!!
Bully?????

The part about the troops paying for their own stuff, has been in news off and on for months.
founder
supporter
Faux News or real news? I hadn't heard about it and I read the AP, The New York TImes, CNN, BBC, and others every day. Cite a source, please.
I don't know that Romney is the best choice for president either but I sure as he^* don't want Obummer!!!
Posted by Jay (+281) 9 years ago
This is nothing new. Has Google come to mind? Snopes says false. Suprise, suprise. Even Stewart got in on this.
This should not be a new thread?

[This message has been edited by Jay (10/6/2012)]
supporter
http://www.snopes.com/pol...health.asp

You guys need to google your so called news about Obama and learn to quote your sources and if you start doing that you will find that a lot of it is simply false...
hat3275
Amen
founder
supporter
If you need to lie to win, maybe you shouldn't win.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1607) 9 years ago
Unless it's a Liars Club convention.

FH
founder
mckee wrote:
"Bully?????"

Are you saying I'm a bully for asking "Phil" to cite sources for the accusation he made?
Posted by GCC (-602) 9 years ago
I hope everyone takes the time to read the facts in the snopes article on veterans healthcare, I doubt that few will find it less dispicable whether its the veterans private insurance or the veterans that have to pick up the costs. The Obama administations mindset to shirk its responsibilities shows ungratefulness and its, "let the other guy pay for it mentality", got to agree with the interviewees the idea was "dumb" and a "no brainer" wrong.
founder
Voters who vote based on "chain e-mails" are a disgrace to democracy.

Q: Did Obama accuse veterans of "selfishness" and whining? Would he have forced them to "pay for their war injuries"?

A: This chain e-mail contains fabricated quotes and misrepresents a budget idea that the White House scrapped. The quotes were intended as satire.

http://www.factcheck.org/...-injuries/
The fact that it "actually was" a budget idea and anyone was stupid enough to blurt it out, is inexcusable. Go ahead and look at all of the web sites you want, it happened, I was in the service when it did,,, and yes it went through the ranks like a wild fire. I'm a retired veteran, I gave my country over 23 years and ask absolutely nothing back, it was my privilege,,,,, maybe I do ask one thing,, keep idiots like Obama from flushing our country down the toilet.
Posted by Chris Sirchia (+626) 9 years ago
Good God!!!!
Where is Prof. Irwin Corey when you need him most!!
supporter
The fact that the fact checkers as well as Snopes said it was totally fabricated is that hard for you people to understand?????? So anyone can start an internet rumor and you guys are willing to believe it no matter what the fact checkers etc say is true or not...so why bother to post on this site as you won't believe anyone else anyway...Amazing!!
supporter
Snopes,,, that's on the internet right,,,,, must be true, Holy Cow! He threw the snopes card.. everybody else is wrong, I guess this one is over and we all need to find something else to gripe about.

[DELETED - LONG LINKS - DAMMIT - USE THE URL TAG IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST LONG LINKS. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.]

Fact checkers too,,,, are they as reliable as the media,,, or the internet???? Basically what you're saying is, if you didn't see it, the rest of us are all full of BS. I'm done with this garbage,,, see you on election day!
supporter
hat_3275 wrote:
Do you guys even want any of our freedoms we are now enjoying?!!! Because the way I see it Obama is trying to take them away!!! I can not believe people support that!!!

Really??? Please name ONE freedom that you had in 2008 that has been taken away from you and can't do now.
Well, not right now but if he has is way we will loose a lot of our feedoms eventually!!! Can't believe how may people are so blind to that!!!

[This message has been edited by hat_3275 (10/6/2012)]
founder
supporter
Well, not right now. But I know of a SOOPER SEKRET PLAN to . . . you know. . . do something. . .

There is no point is discussing this with morans.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 9 years ago
Good god, non-rich Republicans are freakin' stupid.

Kudos to Karl Rove and his ilk for being so successful in brainwashing fearful idiots who have no clue about reality. Isn't that how Hitler got in power?

I try to be civil, but why?

To quote Mr. Showalter: dumbasses.
Posted by Chris Sirchia (+626) 9 years ago
Hitler = Obama

Brainwashing = Eliminating free religion and force Islam down our
throats = Obama
supporter
+infinity Gunnar!!! Unbelieveable!!
Posted by Mary B. (+201) 9 years ago
May I ask, Mr, Sirchia, for a specific example as to how President Obama is "forcing Islam down our throats"?
supporter
hat_3275 wrote:
Well, not right now but if he has is way we will loose a lot of our feedoms eventually!!! Can't believe how may people are so blind to that!!!

[This message has been edited by hat_3275 (10/6/2012)]

That is what I thought. Thank you for answering my question.

I am not going to throw rocks here because I once was like you. But there are several of you that would do well to understand there doesn't have to be an "Armageddon". For your sake and the sake of your children PLEASE do whatever necessary to remove fear from your life. Life is too short to live in fear of what might happen. In my experience the best way to start is to lose the literalist interpretation of your holy book. You will be a lot happier and find life much more joyful without all of the fear.
Posted by tax payer (+344) 9 years ago
Amorette the Moran thing was proved wrong
2009 article

The Obama administration is abandoning a controversial plan to charge private insurers for treatment of veterans' service-connected ailments.
Posted by Sledge (+6) 9 years ago
Well said Phil,these brainless loudmouths feel real tough cowering behind their computer monitors waiting for their government handouts.

[This message has been edited by Sledge (10/6/2012)]
That ones easy Richard, how about this, the freedom to determine for myself whether or not I want to purchase health insurance, without penalty of fine or tax.
supporter
at double or trible the cost...geezzzz what a bargin from the insurance companies...plus the pre existing conditions can go hang...just let them die...real nice...
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
GCC, I think you would enjoy reading the book, "Health Care Reform", What it is, Why it's Necessary and How it Works. Jonathan Gruber is the author who helped write the ACA for Governor Romney in Mass. and for Congress and the President. It is informative and very reasonable at only $7 plus. Judging by comments that are being made I don't think anyone is in favor of "Free Riders".
supporter
and why shouldn't people all buy health insurance like they have to buy car insurance.??? If you get sick without insurance, you go to the doctor and hospital and the people with insurance get to pay for you by getting higher premiums...is that fair?? I don't wish to pay for you just because you chose to have no insurance...we now pay over 800 per month for our insurance premiums both medicare and supplements...paying the government for one large single payer without the insurance companies greed involved would be fantastic and I bet the cost would be half of what we pay now...that would be fabulous for folks like us that have always spent the money for insurance...but maybe folks like you who decide to have no insurance and take a chance on not getting sick or hurt, don't care if we get stuck with your health care costs...I care as we can barely afford to pay for our own...
Jeri, perhaps you are right, anybody anticipating the implementation of Obamacare should read, The Truth about Obamacare by Sally C. Pipes an expert in healthcare reform.
Howdy, because driving is considered a privilege, no one forces you to drive, thats your decision and the insurance required by government is to protect the other party. Obamacare requires you buy insurance simply because you are alive, something you had no decision in and hopefully not a threat to cause harm to others.
I'm fully aware of the problems and costs associated with healthcare, it is a problem that needs addressed now, I'm not convinced that Obamacare is a good solution, anything of this magnitude should have been decided in a bipartison manner, not shoved down our throats, and by twisting our arms to make it viable.
[This message has been edited by GCC (10/6/2012)]

[This message has been edited by GCC (10/6/2012)]
supporter
But GCC you will get sick or hurt at some point in your life and I don't want to pay for the folks that don't wish to pay for their health insurance...they are living off ours and making our bills go up...Sorta like the uninsured motorists thing...Not fair...so while driving a vehicle is a choice so is living as noone goes all the way thru life avoiding being ill or hurt...it is a ridiculous gamble for those of you that wish to tack your bills on to the rest of us insured folks...for those paying the high premiums, you know what I mean...plus the prior condition folks under Romney have no choice at all..How fair is that...are you saying it is some kind of choice to be able to get insurance and thus live??? How Christian of you...
I'm saying Obamacare is not a good solution, it has nothing to do with Christianity, liberals don't hold the corner of the market on compassion.
supporter
Obamacare was the insurance program designed by the GOP not the democrats...Obama wanted the single payer and didn't get it....and caring about your fellow Americans and whether they live with proper insurance or not has a great deal to do with compassion...

Your poster is about as accurate as the rest of the rhetoric you use, liberals aren't any more compassionate than conservatives,no matter how many times you repeat it or how many phony pictures you display.

[This message has been edited by GCC (10/7/2012)]
Posted by K. D. (+362) 9 years ago
It's not called "Ourcare", "Yourcare", "Mycare", "Whogivesacare", "Republicare", "Democare". It's called "Obamacare" for a reason.

It don't matter if it comes in higher insurance premiums, higher deductibles, higher hospital bills, or higher taxes; it all comes out of our my pockets regardless.
supporter
GCC...I have tended to stick with the actual information and, there are definitely areas that will need "tweeking"...recognized and acknowledged...but, that will take place as it sets in. I think anything else would be speculation. I did hear the President say that he likes that it is called "Obamacare" because he does care. Howdy is correct...folks that do have insurance are getting padded for the costs for the "free riders". Something had to be done and it is a great start. Personally, I would love "Medicare for All". A great program.

The insurance portion will have a pool to choose from and there will be help based on income. Possibly you have the income to self-insure and that is wonderful...but, for those who have not been able to afford it...it will be great. So many things need changing and this is a beginning.
supporter
+1000000 Jeri
supporter
GCC wrote:
That ones easy Richard, how about this, the freedom to determine for myself whether or not I want to purchase health insurance, without penalty of fine or tax.

Sorry, I am going to throw the BS flag. Recall that the original claim that I questioned was:

hat_3275 wrote:

While the Affordable Care Act carries President Obama's name, you cannot legitimately claim that Obama singlehandedly took away a "freedom". The ACA passed both houses of congress and the particular point you find frustrating was upheld by the Supreme Court. Given the long term goal of the act is to actually create some additional economic freedom for us all, I think at this point it is inconclusive that we truly lost any freedom.

Certainly, the President was involved in the process, but if this constitues an imposition on your freedom you'd have to admit that he had a lot of help; help from republicans.

While there are parts of this Act that I don't care for, we absolutely need to deal with the issue of healthcare costs. I'd of preferred it was a single-payer system like the Australian Medicare system. Imperfect as it is, the President did make a concerted effort to start dealing with the issue. If there wasn't so much special interest insurance lobby money molding the legislation, we may have gotten something much better.

So in context of the original claim and my challenge of that claim, I say your dog doesn't hunt. Try again.
How can any dog hunt in that kind of spin?
supporter
Dumbass.

I've met people on PCP with a better grip on reality.
supporter
+++++ Richard...
founder
supporter
But, . . .but . . . A NEGRO . . . wants to do something! He wants to implement a plan originally developed by Richard Nixon, expanded by Bob Dole, perfected by Mitt Romney. A NEGRO.

If you don't think you aren't paying for everybody who doesn't have insurance already, you are a fool. It's called cost-shifting and it's been around a long time. If you think having people die for lack of medical care and go bankrupt for the cost of medical care is a good thing, you are also a fool.
supporter
High Five, Amorette!!!
Posted by LisaP (+31) 9 years ago
Some people just always have to play the race card. I don't think it has gosh darn thing to do with how people feel about him now. All politicians say what you want to hear, doesn't mean they will do what they say.

Is there a site that gives all the information on how our politicians voted on bills and such? It would be a great way to be informed of what these people really believe in. I remember someone talking about transparancy once...
supporter
The president doesn't get to "vote" on a bill just sign one that finally makes it to his office...A lot of those bills are being held up by "filibustering" in the senate thus nothing happening and a total stalemate in government thus hurting the American people...Folks blame the administration but it really is congress that drives the overall machine IMO...
Well here it is again, the typical liberal gangbang, you can always tell when they're out of credible points because they throw their race card. I made two points, 1. We lost our freedom to decide for ourselves whether or not to buy health insurance, 2. Obamacare was not a good solution to the problem, all this other crap you're ranting about is your own points that you're accusing me of disagreeing with, when I never commented one way or the other. Is it possible for any of you liberals to debate without turning to name calling, rude comments, or the race card?

[This message has been edited by GCC (10/7/2012)]
supporter
Very proud to be called "you liberals"...thank you
You're Welcome.
supporter
If the world ends in December, this thread makes me think it won't be a huge loss.
supporter
Very true, Buck...
founder
supporter
No kidding.

The solution to healthcare is socialized medicine and/or single payer. Want to try to get that past an obstructionist Congress with no interest beyond their own self-serving ones?
supporter
Yup, unless and until the elected officials decide to think of the American people and not their corporate masters like insurance multi million dollar lobbies, ain't gonna happen and as usual the citizens go wanting even dying due to the elected officials in congress...all those filibustering in the senate, you folks have literally blood on your hands IMO...
supporter

[This message has been edited by howdy (10/7/2012)]
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 9 years ago
It seems to me that everyone is arguing about something that hasn't even taken full effect yet. The few provisions of Obamacare that are currently in effect are very popular. These include allowing your children to remain on your insurance until they turn 26 and the rule requiring that insurers cover pre-existing conditions. Will someone fill me in about what provisions in the law are so terrible?
founder
supporter
They were put in place by (shudder) liberals. That makes them bad by definition. Now if Bob Dole had done the same thing 20 years ago. . .
supporter
I believe that some folks have been receiving refunds because and I quote, "For every dollar that insurance companies collect in premiums, they mnust pay out 80% to 85% in medical claims. They cannot spend more than 15 to 20% on administration and profits". I will always remember while still working and having BCBS...they paid out over a million dollars in a bonus to the gal who was heading the outfit. One of the reasons, I suppose, that they don't want "Obamacare" to get too far along:-)
supporter
Yes I have heard of several people starting to get refunds from their insurance companies...Isn't that great??? Obamacare is a long way from perfect, but it is sure a good start...
supporter
I'm so glad I spent the weekend fighting with laminate flooring, instead of fighting with the parade of ignorance and fail that is the collective of Sledge, GCC, Phil, hat_* and whomever else I've thankfully forgotten.

You people are procreating ignorant, but at least you're proud of it. Your pappies probably bitched about the horror of sharing a water fountain with a niCLANG, and I would assume that the thought of women voting rendered your grandpappies impotent (altough, apparently, not soon enough to save the rest of us from having to hear your antediluvian screeds).

You exist merely to illustrate which side of history is wrong, and I appreciate that, I really do.

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (10/8/2012)]
Bridgier, people like you and Gunnar open your mouths and send more votes to the Republican party than any national debate could ever accomplish, thanks for the help, welcome back.
Posted by Mufasa (+92) 9 years ago
I think you overestimate the influence of milescity.com on national results. Those who thing the debate matters should talk to President Kerry. Besides, Willard Romney is drawing 10k to his rallies, while President Obama draws 40k.

[This message has been edited by Mufasa (10/8/2012)]
Mufasa, I think you're right, pundits from both sides thought the debate was a landslide.

[This message has been edited by GCC (10/8/2012)]
supporter
GCC's beliefs, in abbreviated form:

supporter
Being proud of your own stupidity is amazing to me....WOW...that video is a perfect example...
supporter
Considering the GOP (Give Others Poverty) is represented by an elephant, you'd think they'd be able to remember the 27 months in a row that Ronald Reagan kept unemployment above 8 percent (Nov. 1981 - Feb. 1984). In less than 2 years into his first term, Reagan policies (remember getting trickled on?) raised unemployment from 7.5 to 10.8 percent. And 10.8 percent is higher than any month during Obama's term. How soon the elephants forget.
Richard, you're comparing apples to oranges, since 1994 the Bureau of Labor Statistics has quit counting those who are no longer looking for work, the current actual unemployment figures are something I suspect your side would like to forget.

supporter
Realized your response made your argument even more of a looser?
supporter
GCC wrote:
Richard, you're comparing apples to oranges, since 1994 the Bureau of Labor Statistics has quit counting those who are no longer looking for work, the current actual unemployment figures are something I suspect your side would like to forget.

Starting a jobs thread...
Bridgier, your fourth place finish at the rural spelling meet is showing.
supporter
Indeed, I was always the second best speller at South Stacey, and dropped farther down the ladder once you added in Horken Creek or Biddle.

Luckily (for me), we always had the children of hill folk that attended SY to provide a comfortable lower bound.

But what, you may ask, does the above have to do with the Romney-Obama debates, or the questions raised thereof?

Nothing of course - because GCC appears to believe that non sequitors and ad hominum statements constitute an argument, a falsehood that he no doubt learned whilst being passed along through the conformist-producing slaughterhouse of knowledge that is urban public education.
Posted by Tomm (-1033) 9 years ago
Maybe more than that number will loose their ins. Obummers plan to shut down all private insurnace companies might just work.
supporter
http://www.bls.gov/cps/faq.htm

Who is counted as unemployed as answered by the horses mouth for the use of the future jobs thread...
supporter
Obummers plan to shut down all private insurnace companies might just work

We could only hope.
supporter
Wouldn't life be grand without them?? their greed is unbelieveable and their lobbys in Washington are multibillion$ I am sure...They pull a lot of influence...they probably help congress grow rich while in office...Statistics prove that in most cases...
founder
supporter
I wish there was a plan to shut down health insurance companies. It would help our economy almost beyond measure!
supporter
amen sista!!!
founder
Tomm wrote:
"Obummers plan to shut down all private insurnace companies might just work."

Hyperbole, much?

Medical insurance is horribly flawed. I buy fire insurance for my house thinking I'll never need it but being glad to have it just in case. Imagine how much more expensive fire insurance would be if everyone's house burned down at least once in a lifetime.

Medical insurance... it's pretty much inevitable that you will need it. That's not "insurance" -- it's "pre-paid medical care".

How does the medical insurance industry protect themselves against inevitable losses? By kicking the sick and old off the insurance rolls and making the taxpayers pick up the tab. What a sweet deal for the medical insurance companies. And you are defending that business model? Must be an insurance salesman.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 9 years ago
This is from "The Onion" but sadly pretty true.

"For weeks many Beltway insiders had written off the Romney campaign as dead, saying the candidate had dug himself into too deep a hole with too little time to recover. However, with a month to go before ballots are cast, Romney has pulled even with President Obama, and the former Massachusetts governor credits his rejuvenated campaign to one, singular tactic: lying a lot.

"I'm lying a lot more, and my lies are far more egregious than they've ever been," a smiling Romney told reporters while sitting in the back of his campaign bus, adding that when faced with a choice to either lie or tell the truth, he will more than likely lie. "It's a strategy that works because when I lie, I'm essentially telling people what they want to hear, and people really like hearing things they want to hear. Even if they sort of know that nothing I'm saying is true."

"It's a freeing strategy, really, because I don't have to worry about facts or being accurate or having any concrete positions of any kind," Romney added.

Romney said he is telling at least 80 percent more lies now than he was two months ago. Buoyed by his strong debate performance, which by his own admission included 40 or 50 instances of lying in one 90-minute period, the candidate said he will continue to "just openly lie [his] ass off" until the Nov. 6 election.

Whether it's a senior citizen, military family, working mother, businessman, or middle-class American, Romney said, he will lie to every single one of them as often as he can if that's what it takes to win the presidency.

"The best part is, it's really easy to lie," said Romney, who added that voicing whatever untruths come into his mind at any given moment is an easy thing to do because all it requires is opening his mouth and talking. "For example, if someone accuses me of having a tax plan that makes no discernable sense, I just lie and say that I do have a tax plan that makes sense. I also say there is a study that backs up my plan. See that? Simple. None of it is remotely true, of course, but now we're moving on to the next topic because people are usually too afraid to ask me straight up if I'm lying, because that is apparently not something you ask someone who is running for president."

Moreover, Romney said, if anyone does accuse him of lying, he will simply say he is not lying, which he noted is just an extension of the overall strategy.

"So, if I'm talking to retirees," Romney continued, "I lie and say I'll fight tooth and nail to save Medicare, which causes them to applaud. On the other hand, if I'm talking to the party base, I lie and say we have to cut Medicare, which causes them to applaud. So, you see, my goal here is to get everyone applauding for me, because if everyone is clapping their hands, standing on their feet, and shouting my name, that means they like me and will vote for me."

Romney's campaign advisers said that they adopted the strategy of lying a lot after realizing several things: (1) Lying sounds good, especially when the truth sounds bad, (2) the American media doesn't care if you lie, (3) the American people don't care if you lie, and (4) it's okay to lie if you are very, very desperate to become the president of the United States.

"If we're going to be carried into the White House, it's going to have to be on a wave of lies," Romney campaign manager Matt Rhoades said. "Most important, Mitt is comfortable when he is lying because then he doesn't have to say anything bad. And in this last month it's important that we just let Mitt be Mitt, whoever the hell that is."

"It's late in the game, but this campaign has finally found its groove," Rhoades added. "And that groove is lying. Bald-faced, make-no-apologies, dirty, filthy lying."

According to Romney, amidst all the lies, there is only one thing that remains true.

"I literally have no clue where I stand on any single issue at this point," said Romney, adding that when it comes to women's rights, gay rights, health care, the middle class, the economy, or the U.S. military, all he knows is how to lie about them. "I understand what other people want. And what I've learned, especially in the past week, is that in order to be a viable candidate for the White House, that's all you really need to know."

Following the interview, Romney told various reporters that, if elected, he would save the newspaper industry."
Paul Bedard

Washington Secrets
The Washington Examiner

Was Obama rattled by developing donor scandal story?

The independently owned website Obama.com, which steers users to the president's campaign donation website, gets most of its traffic from foreign countries, raising questions about the legality of tens of millions of small dollar donations to the campaign, according to a new report.

The Government Accountability Institute today released details of an eight-month probe into fundraising by the presidential candidates and all House and Senate candidates that also shows that the president's outreach and fundraising have targeted websites in Chinese, Arabic, Thai, and Korean. Generally, donations from foreign nations are illegal.

The 108-page analysis from the group that made news in an earlier report that suggested President Obama skips many of his national security briefings studied security flaws in credit card fundraising conducted by Obama, Mitt Romney, and congressional candidates. Many have security flaws, said the report.

But it devotes a large section of its effort to concerns about donations to the Obama campaign. Secrets reported late Thursday that a TV network, national magazine and national website were working on the story but were being pressured by the Obama campaign to kill it. Sources said the story was still on hold today. ABC News, however, has teased one element of the story: the existence of fake Republican and Democratic fundraising websites.

The report suggests that some of the donations to Obama have come from foreign sources. But, it notes, many are less than the $200 cut-off which requires the campaign to identify the donor.

The report focuses on the website Obama.com, which used to be owned by a major Obama donation bundler. Type that site in and you are directed to the Obama donation site. The report said that 68 percent of the traffic to Obama.com comes from overseas
supporter
I don't think that he has any bank accounts over there so probably has to have the donations come direct.
supporter
The report said that 68 percent of the traffic to Obama.com comes from overseas

It is a fairly well-known fact that socialist Europeans are much smarter than average Americans, so supporting a presidential candidate who doesn't lie and threaten them, would seem to be in their best interest.
So Gunnar even though it is illegal you think it is ok?
supporter
illegal but OK for Romney to receive a million bucks from a Canadian corporation??? How bizarre...
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 9 years ago
Obama does not own "Obama.com" just like Romney doesn't own "Romney.com" -- so what difference does it make?

If you are implying that somehow, someone has sneakily set up "Obama.com" to redirect traffic to "BarackObama.com", in some grand scheme to promote or hide donations from "foreigners" -- then how does that make ANY sense at all outside of a lunatic asylum?

Seriously. What is wrong with some of you?

If you go to Alexa.com and look up BarackObama.com, you'll find this:

It says 82.4% of the traffic to BarackObama.com is from the United States. Doh! I guess that conspiracy theory doesn't hold water, now does it?

Ironically, if you go to Alexa.com and look up MittRomney.com, you'll find this:

Only 74.2% of the traffic to Mitt Romney's site is from the United States, which makes it less American than Obama's. Doh!!!
supporter
Wasn't this EXACT SAME RUMOR floated during the last election?
supporter
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a seriously followed thru fine of a million bucks for any lies told during an election campaign on an ad or something ?
+10000000000000 howdy
supporter
Tax Payer, don't like that comment, cause I am afraid that Romney campaign would be in deep trouble as his amount of lies in his campaign is deep and long...he flip flops constantly like noone will check his facts...it is really sad as it treats the American Citizens as if we are really stupid and won't check his facts...
supporter
it is really sad as it treats the American Citizens as if we are really stupid and won't check his facts...

...and he is right. We are really stupid and won't check his facts. How else can you explain that this race is even close?
banned
Romney handed Obama his ass on a platter , and said get on that donkey and ride out of this ranch. We ever meet up again , I will trample you.
supporter
true Gunnar, sadly have to agree with you...SD, who else rode his donkey and didn't have the powers that be agree with him??
supporter
"It ain't over, 'til it's over!" The truth will prevail:-)
founder
supporter
I don't get picking who to vote for based on the last debate. I pick who to vote for based on a long and careful study of the candidate and what they stand for. If Hitler had been a good debater (and I bet he was) would you have fallen in behind his ideals?
supporter
Words often ring "hollow". Have you noticed how every "Research" or "Think Tank"...or, any outfit doing a survey is the epitome of accuracy yet they all differ? I have been called a lot for surveys and have really had fun seeing how often they would repeat a sentence concerning a candidate to see if I still felt the same way after hearing it said differently. Be apprised that it is important that they meet the leanings of the Corporations...after all, they are financing everything. Not cynical...just the way it is:-)
supporter
If Hitler had been a good debater (and I bet he was) would you have fallen in behind his ideals?

A strong daddy figure that they can fantasize about while they self-abuse vote? They can't fall into line fast enough.
supporter
got a poll call yesterday and after they asked my age they said their criteria was filled for that age. LOL...
supporter
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
How else can you explain that this race is even close?

I don't think the pollsters are calling us in the under 50 crowd that have only cell phones and no landline. Thus, the polls are closer than they will be on election day.
supporter
wonder if there is some way to determine how many folks have just cell phones and no land lines at all..Richard, do you have a land line at all in Gillette or really just cells?

this is an answer per CBS news if true...

http://www.cbsnews.com/21...76743.html

[This message has been edited by howdy (10/9/2012)]
supporter
I have two cell phones, two skype numbers, but no landline.
supporter
There is one Landline and three Cell phones in our home...and, only the landline is getting survey calls. FYI.
supporter
We have one land line and one cell phone...and our land line is the only one getting polling calls...
I say both parties have stretched the truth. Romney is blamed for Bain 8 years after he stepped down, he also never caused the death of a woman with cancer and the list goes on and on. So Howdy I think both parties would be paying your fine!!!!
supporter
I agree both parties have, but if each lie got fined, I am quite sure the GOP would be wallowing in debt at this point as Romney is unbelieveable in his flipflopping..The Dems have told untruths as well but nowhere near the GOP in my opinion...they don't have to as the economy is starting to perk up a bit...thankfully...Much to the sorrow of the GOP...what kind of people wish for the downfall for this country under Obama so that they can defeat the present administration?? that is sick....

This is just what a man said the Obama campaign told him. He's not just any man, though. David Lowery is the president of the South Suburban Branch of the NAACP in Chicago. He doesn't support Obama, because he's "not addressing issues important to the black community." Well, that kind of dissent is simply not allowed, and Louis Raymond of the Illinois Obama campaign let Lowery know that there would be consequences. CBS News continued:

[Lowery] said he was explaining [his non-support of Obama] to Raymond when the Obama campaign official told him, "You know what? I know everything about you." Lowery says Raymond added, "We've been watching you, and since you don't support Obama, we'll deal with you," before hanging up.

Lowery called the local police afterwards and filed a report just in case something ended up happening to him.

Obama's performance has been so bad that the president's campaign is worried about the black vote. They figured the NAACP of all people should be voting for the black president. And when a leader inside that association that is all about black people won't even support Obama anymore, you know that the campaign must be scared. They're grasping at straws. They've resorted to threats of violence if "their people" don't vote for Obama. And what do they mean "their people?"

Not surprisingly, the Obama campaign is distancing itself from this incident. They claim there must be some kind of misunderstanding. In a written statement, they said:

Unfortunately there seems to have been a miscommunication regarding this conversation and we have since discussed with the campaign staffer in an effort to clarify the matter. The President continues to support the mission and principles of the NAACP and the work they do.

Unless they don't pledge their allegiance to the President, in which case they will learn the hard way about disloyalty.

Obama's entire campaign has been a lie, and his background is questionable at best. He skated into the White House entirely on his skin color. He has to fake his support everywhere he goes. People don't like him, so the polls are rigged in his favor. Government agencies are threatened with losing their jobs if he is not re-elected. And now, his "own people" are being threatened if they don't vote for him.

But this might also show that many in the black community are waking up. Maybe they're seeing that the Obama campaign was all a ploy to get all the blacks to vote for him. The joke was on the black community, and now they're seeing that it's not so funny.
If people are threatened on how they should vote should not reflect on either candidate if they had no control of the threat in my opinion.
founder
"tax payer", you struggle with citing sources and providing links to the information you post. Here's a link to the story from CBS along with portions you conveniently left out:

http://chicago.cbslocal.c...atened-me/

Lowery hosts an internet radio program called "Let the Truth Be Told," where he's made no secret of his displeasure with the president.

Louis Raymond declined to comment. The Obama re-election campaign issued a written statement in response to Lowery's claims.

"Unfortunately there seems to have been a miscommunication regarding this conversation and we have since discussed with the campaign staffer in an effort to clarify the matter. The President continues to support the mission and principles of the NAACP and the work they do," the statement said.

Lowery says he's not for Romney, either.
Wow, just posting to show it happens on both sides. But what ever.... http://milescity.com/foru...pid=275156
supporter
How about exposing some old, white middle class-to-upper class voters who are dissatisfied with the Republican party, taxpayer?

Because although we may not have the numbers....there are at least 40 percent of us.
supporter
tax payer wrote:
Wow, just posting to show it happens on both sides. But what ever.... http://milescity.com/foru...pid=275156

I knew you could do it.
supporter
When I click on that link all I get is a blank reply block...Could someone tell me what you are getting that is different and perhaps offer a different link or tell me what to do with my computer other than give it flying lessons...
supporter
Pretty sure I'm being gaslighted...
supporter
Do u see anything other than a blank reply block?? If so maybe I am being gaslighted??
supporter
That's what I see Howdy.
supporter
thanks Richard...thought I was losing it or my computer was screwed up...which begs the question what on earth is TP talking about "it happens on both sides" and then posts that link.....

supporter
There is something funky going on with this webpage. Several of the comments have lost there borders.
supporter
Several of the comments have lost there borders.

I think that is small potatoes, considering several commenters have lost their minds.
supporter
Mine looks ok...depends on if I am using the new dev one or this one but both look OK...I like the new one a lot...
banned
There was a comment earlier in the post/thread , how at Obama rallys there are 40k and at Romney`s there are 10-15k. Those 40k people that you see at Obama rallys are the 40+% that Romney is talking about. The Romney supporters have jobs or own businesses or other engagements and cannot attend. But Obama`s rally numbers look good on tv and in the liberal press. I would like to see a random sampling of 100 from the Obama rallys with some employment questions. Perhaps a percentage from both candidates rallys , and then compare the stats.
supporter
your constant comment about the liberal press cracks me up as there is no such thing...all the press with the exception of online blogs etc, is owned by huge corporations and they are a lot of things but liberal isn't one of them...oh how I would love to see the return of folks like Edward R Murrow or other real journalists...then perhaps the truth would finally get to the American citizens...
banned
Or that news anchor that made up the story about the emails about Bush in the military/guard whatever and then resigned when his lie was immediately discovered. Ok , go with far left leaning. There is a problem with news media , they want to change the story to suit their beliefs and change the world instead of reporting the news.
supporter
This is how lying liars justify believing the lies that they believe in. All the news media must be lying to us, for the lies we believe in must be true.

It really is very sad.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 9 years ago
SD wrote:
There was a comment earlier in the post/thread , how at Obama rallys there are 40k and at Romney`s there are 10-15k. Those 40k people that you see at Obama rallys are the 40+% that Romney is talking about. The Romney supporters have jobs or own businesses or other engagements and cannot attend. But Obama`s rally numbers look good on tv and in the liberal press. I would like to see a random sampling of 100 from the Obama rallys with some employment questions. Perhaps a percentage from both candidates rallys , and then compare the stats.

You DO REALIZE that 8 out of the 10 poorest states consistently vote Republican, don't you?

Like there aren't any of the so-called 47% at Teabagger rallies???
Most teabaggers are gross national parasites like the Korkster, sucking off the government teat.

supporter
A very excellent book written by Dan Rather now that he is 80 and does not give a rat's fanny who he pleases....tells about what took place when he reported that George W. Bush (43) was put into the AF National Guard by Daddy (41) and then did not show up for a year. Documented information...very well researched and not just by Dan. So..when he reported it..he was in deep doo-doo. 3 or 4 others working on the story were fired...he was demoted and then made to go on the air to read a retraction written by CBS big shots...something he did not write ....and, after that, he got out of there. If you do not please the CORPORATIONS, you do not last. Have you not noticed the slanted news? That is why it is not news...!

Dan Rather was hired by Marc Cohen, AXS.tv and has a great show "Dan Rather Reports", and the only requirement is to TELL THE TRUTH. It is a great Tuesday night show if you have the channel.

PS...43 did not know how to fly a plane:-) This is in regard to SD's comment.
supporter
Jeri, I have Dish Network, what channel would that be on for me...thanks so much as I am very thirsty for real journalism...Never mind I looked it up and it is channel 131 on Dish...thanks so much...

[This message has been edited by howdy (10/10/2012)]
supporter
We have MidRivers and it is Channel 761. I look forward to his investigative reporting and, oh...that is Marc Cuban who owns the network. Sorry.
supporter
How sad we have to go to these out of the way networks to find truth in reporting...thanks again Jeri for the info...
supporter
I'm still not sure to what "bluff" this thread refers, but I did find this article interesting.

http://news.yahoo.com/blo...ction.html

I especially like
Citing a CNN report that Doherty had been killed while trying to help others at the consulate, Romney expressed his admiration-and likened it to the leadership he says the country needs now in Washington.
"When he and his colleagues there heard that the consulate was under attack ... they went there. They didn't hunker down where they were in safety. They rushed there to go help," Romney said. "This is the American way: We go where there's trouble. We go where we're needed. And right now we're needed. Right now the American people need us.

This from a man who intentionally avoided service and sacrifice to the military to avoid going "where we're needed" and his family, none of whom volunteered for the honor to "go where there's trouble". I guess they are only needed when it doesn't conflict with their busy lives pushing their religious agenda upon the spiritually ignorant of the world.

Would this illusion that he has anything in common with those who "didn't hunker down where they were in safety" be considered a bluff?
supporter
Good point Mary B...go to Google Images and type in completely wrong...
admin
founder
supporter
That is absolutely hilarious!
admin
founder
CNN wrote:
A Google spokesman said the gallery of photos is the unintentional result of normal Google analytics, which produce images associated with popular phrases in news headlines and search terms, and not the result of any effort to skew the results.

In this case, Google's algorithms picked up on news coverage of Romney saying last week he was "completely wrong" when he made controversial statements last spring that 47% of Americans were "victims" and dependent on government. Romney took some political heat for the original comments, which were captured by a hidden camera at a private fundraiser in May and made public last month.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/1...index.html
supporter
A conservative, a moderate and a liberal walk into a bar........ The bartender says "Hi Mitt ".
That is cool ....works on liar too
Uhhh, not so much.
Posted by Hugo Stiglitz (-36) 9 years ago
After reading through this topic I have decided beyond the shadow of a doubt, that this website is almost entirely infested with ignorant, in bread, liberal morons. Most of what you are posting and claiming are bigger lies than any of the candidates have told, actually it's somewhat entertaining, there is only one or two of you that even know your ass from a hole in the ground and all the rest of you simply regurgitate garbage that you don't even comprehend, or get straight.
Go ahead, elect Obama and make history, you will "end" the United States of America.
Me, I'm voting for the only good option, yes, I said Romney and I damn sure ain't coming back on this forum.

Interestingly,,,, the Democrats that get the most ticked off over my post,,, are the biggest morons of all, I'll show you.
Posted by ABE (+421) 9 years ago
^^^^BAH-ZING^^^^

[This message has been edited by ABE (10/11/2012)]
supporter
Hugo said:
Most of what you are posting and claiming are bigger lies than any of the candidates have told, actually it's somewhat entertaining, there is only one or two of you that even know your ass from a hole in the ground and all the rest of you simply regurgitate garbage that you don't even comprehend, or get straight.

Go ahead, elect Obama and make history, you will "end" the United States of America.

I think this is the biggest and saddest lie of them all.
supporter
In bread?

Wow.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 9 years ago
Stupid hurts, Buck.

Stupid hurts.
founder
supporter
I like bread. I know that we are all supposed follow the latest 'no carb' and 'gluten free' trends but I love bread. Steve makes some fabulous bread. Now that the weather is cooling off, we need to fire up the oven and make bread!

Yum.

Bread. . .
supporter
In bread we trust with liberalism for all!

supporter
I hope Joe can force out a tear, tonight. His DNC speech was legendary.
supporter
What if I'm a celiac? Can we be in gluten-free bread? It's kind of crumbly though.
banned
I like the Biden pic Gunnar. I think if Obama were better off without something right now that something would be Biden. Even with his experience , I do not think he will do well in the debate tonight. But we will know more about how he did tomorrow. I think he is going to make some gaffes that will be truly noteable. I think Ryan will rattle him. Should be interesting. Obama may have a lot to lose tonight and his bets are locked in on a horse that will be lucky to come in second.