Rick Hill
banned
Posted by SD (+1532) 9 years ago
There is an endorsement ad on the radio I heard. It is from Marc Rocicot former governor and political heavyweight. He claims Rick Hill worked in a closet and fixed Montana`s workman comp program at his asking while Rocicot was governor.
I got injured on the job once , and called an attorney , he said basically do not get hurt in Montana. The workmans comp program was gutted , obviously insurance companys did not like paying out money to injured workers and got it changed. The attorney said the program was "gutted" to the point where now it is hard to find an attorney who will even handle workmans comp. I do not know if this has anything to do with Rick Hill , but if it does I think people should know about it. Currently the workmans comp insurance companys pretty much ignore the laws from what I have seen and from people I talked to. Just a comment on something that would be good to know.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9307) 9 years ago
Why anyone would consider letting Rick Hill back into office is beyond me. Remember how awesome Judy Martz was? Rick Hill was her economic guru. Vote accordingly.
Posted by nativemc (+908) 9 years ago
I hope that everybody here can get enough people out to vote against Rick Hill, Denny Rehberg and Mitt Romney. I am very serious about this.

[This message has been edited by nativemc (10/3/2012)]
Posted by boxdmc (+96) 9 years ago
I don't know about the attorney part of a work comp claim, I can only testify to the employer side. I've had several employees end up with work comp claims (mostly minor)and the employee was always cared for well, including medical, paid leave etc.

As for Rick Hill. He's the lesser of 2 evils IMO. When can we get some decent candidates to run?
supporter
As for Rick Hill. He's the lesser of 2 evils IMO. When can we get some decent candidates to run?

What's the issue with Bullock?
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+792) 9 years ago
You do have a decent candidate. Steve Bullock. Rick Hill is not the lesser of two evils. I met Rick Hill back in 2000 at a meeting for Special Education Directors. He was arrogant and abrasive and had no interest in the concerns about special education. Even Conrad Burns had better manners and showed an empathy toward students with disabilities. So I can believe Rick took the opportunity to gut the Worker's Comp program.

[This message has been edited by Elizabeth Emilsson (10/3/2012)]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11978) 9 years ago
Hill didn't 'gut' Workers Comp. He merely created the financial mess it is in now. Montana has among the highest workmen's comp rates in the country with the shakiest financials because of how Hill jiggered it. I don't care about his Sip and Dip days as much as do about how he messed up the comp program.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 9 years ago
Does anyone have any recent polls in this race...
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 9 years ago
Elizabeth,
I sent your quote and a link to this forum to Steve Bullock's campaign headquarters. I hope they use it to let people know the truth about Rick Hill and why he should NOT be elected.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3267) 9 years ago
Too many memories of Mr. Hill. Sales tax, privatize this and privatize that...and, now it is education. A good reminder of Mr. Racicot and the old privatize theory is to watch Power Brokers a Montana Power Co. link on the PBS website. Horrible memories. We just do not need to go there again. (Shudder!)
supporter
I still want to know what Bullock did that makes him the lesser of two evils.
supporter
don't really know much about him other than he has a D after his name...which is better than an R to me at least in todays age...I just want as many D's around to help the social policies in this nation for the middle and poor classes...as well as the seniors and women...
My problem with Bullock is only that I am a state's rights person. That includes health care, immigration and corporate spending on campaigns. I stay true to state's rights, not party affilitations. Bullock didn't fight universal health care and he wouldn't join in a lawsuit on immigration. As I've said, neither are good, I just view Hill to be less bad.
supporter
I am a state's rights person

All of these 150th anniversaries of this battle and that lost cause must really make you sad.
Yea whatever. The key to my happiness doesn't come from my Government.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4455) 9 years ago
It comes from keeping the Canadians out of Montana?

What procreateing state do you live in?
supporter
Joking aside, I think you should look at it as "Steve Bullock didn't waste Montana's money by fighting Obamacare"
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17731) 9 years ago
This just slays me. "Boxed" criticizes Steve Bullock for not wasting tax payer dollars on frivolous lawsuits against the federal government, yet the Republicans are the first in line to attack trial lawyers for suing negligent corporations? Oh, the hypocrisy.

Steve Bullock is an excellent candidate who has served the state well as attorney general.

As for Rick Hill....when one insurance industry lobbyist (Racicot) endorses another insurance industry lobbyist (Hill), you can take that for all its worth.
supporter
+infinity Gunnar