Posted by Kathy Meidinger (+31) 9 years ago
I know some of you are very Apple/Mac savvy, so I'm hoping you can help. I have lots of videos on my iPhone 4 that I would be devastated to lose.

I want to download them onto my computer (PC) or an external hard drive; anything over 30 seconds will not transfer. I get an error message after waiting several minutes and it goes on to the next one. I've tried going through iTunes and just going to my comptuer:apple iphone and copy/pasting.

How do I go about getting them off the iPhone?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15076) 9 years ago
I've tried iTunes and it seems to spin for a long time (many minutes), then the error pops up and it goes on to the next video.
supporter
When your phone is plugged into the computer, is the box "sync movies" checked under the movies tab in iTunes?
Yes
supporter
Hmmm... I'm thinking....
Posted by brittany_95 (+344) 9 years ago
I just tried my theory and it worked for me.
I took a random video and saved it in my Iphone. Then there is a button that should be right next to a blue camera on the left. Click that and a window comes up with Email video, Message, and send to YouTube.

Now you can click email and email the video to yourself and download it to your computer. I tried with Hotmail and it worked fine and i was able to find the video in downloaded files and it played.

You could also probably set up and YouTube account and send it there and if you don't want them seen make them private.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2541) 9 years ago
Have you tried plugging the iPhone in and navigating through My Computer into the device?

Portable Devices
iPhone
Internal Storage
DCIM
(There might be multiple folders of pictures/videos in the DCIM folder; your video should be located in here. Just right click on the video, Copy, and then paste into the Video folder on your computer)
Thanks for the ideas! I tried again last night.

Brittany, it will only let me send a shorter video; anything over about 30 seconds and it wants me to trim the video.

Hannah, I did try that and was able to get the pictures and shorter videos off, but the videos over 30 seconds still give the same error.

I'm clearly not going to succeed at this. Do you all know of anyone that I can take my phone and external hard drive to and have them transfer the videos?
Posted by brittany_95 (+344) 9 years ago
Jeez.. That's the problem with Apple products they want you to only use their software.

Did you try uploading them to youtube? Threw youtube i don't think they have a limit. (Since there are some videos that are over an hour)
And if you're successful at uploading them there then you download a program on your computer that allows you to save youtube videos onto your computer.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3718) 9 years ago
I think youtube only allows 15 minutes if you just have a basic account as well.