Posted by BD (+332) 9 years ago
I don't want to fight or anything, and I really like the idea of having 2 new hotels in town, knowing how the oil boom may or may not effect us. But I know that a lot of people owning homes now in the flood plan would like to see water & sewers put in. Mind you they are in the county, but so are the new motels going up. When the time comes will the city be able to support all users of water & sewer. I don't want to end up like Williston ND where they are having problems meeting the demands when these people would like to get hooked up but because of being in County our Commissioners, don't see the need or if they do don't get involve in the problem.(Have visited with the commissioners about the water & sewer issue they said in 5 to 7 years they would get a grant for this issue that was 4 years ago, people in the area said I should have got in writting.) Just like a few ideas on the subject because I live one block into the county off Montana, so give me some ideas if you have some good thoughts. NO FIGHTING OK

[This message has been edited by BD (9/24/2012)]
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9227) 9 years ago
Wasn't there some sort of regulatory board that tried to align the needs of the city with the needs of the county?

Whatever happened to that?
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11823) 9 years ago
They are working on RID #1 and had it all lined up to go this spring and a big grant fell through. Four or five or six or ten years for big projects like this are NOT unusual. When you are dealing with millions of dollars, it takes time to get all the i's dotted and the t's crossed.

Even when you are only dealing with a few hundred thousand here or there, it takes time. Witness the restrooms in the Park. When you are also dealing with multiple agencies, oy, gevalt but it gets complicated.
Posted by BD (+332) 9 years ago
Thanks