Forsyth man admits causing deaths of 3 in crash
Posted by Patty O. (+225) 8 years ago
Just seen in this in the Billings Gazette. All I can say is it's about time he took responsibility for his actions. I have seen how this tragic event has affected the three boys families and their friends. I hope this will be the beginning of closure for you all. May God be by your side and hold you close.
Posted by OutlawAngel (+39) 8 years ago
I don't know ANY of these boys personally, but I have several friends that were friends with all 4 of them. I don't want to start any fights or verbal attacks, I just think that everyone should try to think about this rationally. I understand that everybody is upset over this whole thing, but can you not look at it from a different perspective?...Such as: ALL 4 boys WERE BEST FRIENDS AND THEY ALL MADE THE CHOICE TOGETHER? If all 4 would have died, would everyone still feel this anger and animosity towards this one kid??? Just the fact that he has to live with the knowledge that he's the only one that lived due to an odd set of circumstances and his 3 best friends died because of a choice that they ALL made, it's got to be harder than hell to deal with and he'll never be able to forgive himself...how about trying forgive him because they WERE best friends and made the choice TOGETHER...and that's what good Christians do, they forgive...and just because you forgive doesn't mean you have to forget...believe me, he'll never forget- he's going to have to live the rest of his life with this guilt...
This is just my personal opinion and I'm sorry if this offends anyone!
supporter
Posted by montanajane (+282) 8 years ago
I totally agree Outlawangel. I bet he wishes at times that he would have died along with them instead of having to live with what he has to. And yes, they all chose to do what they did. I feel horribly sorry for the families of all of them.
supporter
Posted by clancee k collins (+165) 8 years ago
OK, this guy was responsible for three of his best friends deaths. I too, understand the reason and sensibility of forgiveness. I know this person rather well and know about his family history. However, he totally denied ever being behind the wheel during his stay at the hospital (which was a very long time). Now that he has come to terms with his guilt (which I admire), should we as taxpayers pay for his rehabilitation in and out of prison (if he goes). I am sure he will be on SSI for a very long time, if not for the rest of his life. He and his friends had their whole life to live, and a very promising one at that. So he gets 3.33 years for being responsible for their deaths, and may not have to serve any time for it!! ACCOUNTABILITY... He was 24, when are we reponsible as adults? These victims were not kids, they were best friends and adults! You and I would never get this deal for a second DUI with three negligent homicides thrown in. Justice in America, sucks!! By the way, I also knew two of the other three boys who passed, my prayers go out to their families and friends.God Bless.. Just my opinion.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3717) 8 years ago
I have to agree with the first two replies. All 4 of them made the bad decision to get liquored up and go cruise the back roads. Something that a lot of us have done in the past and gotten away with but they weren't so lucky. The fact that he was driving doesn't make him a bad guy and the rest of them innocent victims. He lost 3 friends, gained a lot of guilt, and now he's headed to prison for 10 years. I'm not saying that he shouldn't, but I don't think it's anything to cheer about. I doubt it's giving much comfort to the families that this kid's life is ruined and I don't see who would benefit from him spending even more time locked up.

[This message has been edited by Levi Forman (9/24/2012)]
Posted by Patty O. (+225) 8 years ago
I know one of the families rather well myself and he was not best friends with this young man. He did make the decision to go with this individual as a mutual friend had invited him, and yes he did get into his car. But like the post from clancee k collins.. "However, he totally denied ever being behind the wheel during his stay at the hospital" I have read his post on facebook after the accident and not once did he offer his sympathy, regret or remorse to any of these young mens families. His comments where geared toward feel sorry for me. As one individual comment on his facebook "Be thankful your still alive and can hug your mother at night, all we want is I am sorry." I do beleive he was also involved in another accident as a teen that resulted in the passenagers death...correct me if I'm wrong.
supporter
Posted by clancee k collins (+165) 8 years ago
Where's his Mom? Where's his Dad? Last I knew both in prison. He showed no remorse, never has, when I knew him his sole purpose in life was beating the system; relating to anything that involved law inforcement;(infringed on his rights). If the Miles City Police Department shared their records with Rosebud County! Who knows!! We will all know who we should feel sorry for, the victims and family's of his bad judgement.Let's see what happens. I think rolling over tragedy should not be so public. Let's give some time to people who really have suffered. This will be my last post on the subject. My blessngs are real, to all familes involved. God Bless you all.
Posted by ocne (+482) 8 years ago
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4454) 8 years ago
If you think people here are idiots, read the posts that follow the article on billingsgazette.com.
Posted by LAURIE STARK (+267) 8 years ago
WOW I did read the comments and Buck is right! Idiots!
Posted by tanner casillas (+51) 8 years ago
i hate to be the bearer of bad new's but they weren't best of friends.matt should of got more of a punishment i knew all them on a personal level ..so tell me is he really getting what he deserves...i think not

SKYLER PAUL CASILLAS

[This message has been edited by tanner casillas (9/25/2012)]

[This message has been edited by tanner casillas (9/25/2012)]