spotted eagle recreation area
Posted by Larry (+152) 15 years ago
As you know, we have a very wonderfull lake here in Miles City. Many people fish, swim, and raft there. I do not know who put the benches and picnic tables there but it was one of the best things done out there. Over the weekend, I drove out there and found someone tried to put one of the benches in the lake. Why would people be so destructive. I also noticed that someone, I think it could have been the city of Miles City, bladed the one side of the lake and made it nice and smooth. Bravo. It would be nice if there was some upkeep there to make it a #1 spot to go. What do you all think we could do? Larry
Posted by Steve Allison (+977) 15 years ago
The local chapter of Wlleyes Unlimited put in the new benches. They did a great job and it looks like the concrete bases saved the one. It is sad to see good people's efforts being torn apart.
Posted by Larry (+152) 15 years ago
its hats off to walleys unlimited for putting the benches there. I would love to see some more police patrols out there to stop this kind of destruction. larry
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1592) 15 years ago
Larry, working for the Parks department I can tell you that we spend a lot of money fixing vandalism. From busted toilet fixtures, spray painting, kicked sprinklers, bullet holes in the Bender Park Concession stand to someone cutting the Frog to shreds at Wibaux Park. Good thing that $45,000 was cut from the budget.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+934) 15 years ago
And don't ever get discouarged about the vandalism. We greatly appreciate and enjoy the city's parks. Even for those who never actually set foot in the park, they still go in with their eyes when they drive by. Our parks are one of those items that can be put under the list of the pride of Miles City.
supporter
Posted by Richard G Flor (+208) 15 years ago
It really makes me hot under the collar to think that anyone could vandalize one of Miles City's fantastic spots for relaxation and fishing opportunities. Something has to be done! How about advertising a sizeable reward for the conviction of the punks that did this. I really think that money would entice someone that knows who did it to come forward., just perhaps if we caught some of these vandals and prosecuted them to the fullest that they would think twice before committing such an atrocity. I'll bet that Walleye's Unlimited and the City would put up the reward. Make the Tip completely anonymous. My sincere thanks to Walleye's Unlimited for helping to make Spotted Eagle a better facility for the citizens of Miles City.
Posted by Kathie Zoller (+26) 15 years ago
Last week end when I was in Miles City, I was talking to a gentleman about Spotted Eagle. He said there were several people involved in cleaning it up. He said they were blading the roads and keeping things cleaned up. I didn't catch his name but was glad to hear it. He told me the city locks it up at night and he opens it in the morning. That might help with keeping it a nice place again. Great job everyone.