It's Brewster's- A Neighborhood Deli
founder
Posted by Chad (+1765) 15 years ago
Ray must have had his signs put up in the middle of the night, I drove past the former Hardees twice yesterday and didn't notice new signs. Today they're up. The place is really starting to shape up and his menu is looking very promising.
Posted by Jackie S (+37) 15 years ago
I noticed the sign yesterday during lunch (wednesday) and was hoping they were open so i could grab a bite. are they now open? haven't driven past today. so glad to see another deli in town.
Posted by MTFAN (+17) 15 years ago
Does anyone know a opening date or what is going to be on the menu?
Posted by William S. (+73) 15 years ago
The date keeps getting pushed back, depending on the amount of work left to do. Since Ray is doing the bulk of it himself, it is taking a little bit of time. The last date I was told was April 15th.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1439) 15 years ago
I don't suppose anyone has snapped a few photos of this new business being built up?

Heck, for that matter, any photos of the Hardees before?

I know a lot of it seems mundane or uninteresting but there's a lot of historical value even in new changes. We just won't appreciate them for another 50 years, ha ha.

If you don't stop to notice... slow changes add up to big changes right under your nose.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10021) 15 years ago
It's not much, but here's a picture that has the Hardees sign in it...

http://www.milescity.com/...d=2&id=204
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3714) 15 years ago
I have a lot of memories of that Hardees. There was a group of farm shop kids that that went there for lunch almost every day. They had a student combo that was a double cheeseburger, small fries, and a small coke for I think about $2.50. We had a table that we always sat at, and the elderly hostess, I think her name was Ginger, saved it for us most days and always came out and chatted with us. We didn't know she saved it until one of our classmates said that he went there for lunch and sat at "our" table and she actually asked him to move. The summer after we graduated I was in there by myself once and she came over and sat down at the table with me and said she was going to miss us and asked what I was going to do etc. It was really sweet.

Hardees is also the only chain that has a mushroom and swiss burger, which I have really missed since I moved to an area that doesn't have Hardees.
Posted by Jolene (+121) 15 years ago
RAY PUT HIS SIGN UP AT NIGHT. HE IS GETTING CLOSER. I CAN'T WAIT IM READY FOR A GOOD SANDWHICH.
Posted by Mr. Natural (+67) 15 years ago
Easy Jolene. It's gunna be ok.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1439) 15 years ago
Ahhh... thanks for the photo, Larry.

I don't know what I think about this - are things changing fast there or are some things never changing?

I wish I was there to see this new place - sounds interesting.
ITS OPENING AFTER BUCKING HORSE!
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2816) 15 years ago
Hey Jolene:

Let up the caps lock. We don't need you "shouting" at us.
Thanks
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 15 years ago
I'm guessing Ray is a smart enough business man that it will be open before Bucking Horse.
Posted by Mr. Natural (+67) 15 years ago
Wow. Jolene really likes sandwiches.
Posted by Doug and Sami (+202) 15 years ago
I would hope Ray would want to make the extra revenue from BHS, so he must be close to opening!
He is going to see his daughters graduate and doesn't want to open and leave during bucking horse and something go wrong.