milescity.commer et. al
supporter
Posted by Karen L. Morris (+2084) 9 years ago
Thanks to all who have paid a visit to Red Bubble to see the milescity.commer and the other Jobie photos. I decided to start a new topic just in case not everyone had read about Larry's birthday (or in case he didn't wish to have to topic repeated multiple times).

At any rate, there are three sort of related Jobie topics out there.

There is the milescity.commer made available on Red Bubble just in time for Larry's birthday which can be seen under: http://milescity.com/foru...ew/269667/ which provides the link to Jobie's photo and the others.

There is also the topic announcing Jobie being selected as Buyers' Booth Champion for his milescity.commer photo. http://milescity.com/foru...ew/269196/

Finally, there is the topic regarding Jobie's Book. We do still have some copies left for anyone that missed the initial announcement.
http://milescity.com/foru...ew/267009/

Hopefully, my outstanding computer skills haven't mucked this up too badly.

We have tried to include some new and some old photos on Red Bubble. Those people that have been receiving Jobie cards will, no doubt, recognize some of the shots. I admit to being rather random as to what I've been uploading, so any requests for your favorites are welcome. Seems to me to be a rather fun way to share them.
supporter
Perhaps getting a bit more proficient (please don't laugh too hard).

The "easy way" to see the Jobie photos is to go to Red Bubble and do a Jobie search (he's all that comes up--all 25 as of early this morning). The link should be:

http://www.redbubble.com/explore/jobie

You have to select a given photo to read the text and to see the full photo (some are a bit "sad" with the crop to a square box--but, perhaps gives you something to look forward to in seeing the full image ).
supporter
Just an update. Thanks again to all who have come to take a look. At last count, 395 have looked with 121 going to the milescity.commer. I've been trying to add at least a couple of new photos each day so, if you haven't been out recently, come back and take a peek. Hopefully, you'll leave with a smile on your face.

On another front, noted this evening that the Look Inside feature is now active on Jobie's book on Amazon. Hope a few of you will take a few minutes to check that out, as well. If nothing else, please read the dedication and acknowledgements. It is important to us that you know that the book is dedicated to all of you in recognition for all you have done for us. Despite my best intentions, I still haven't managed to get around to thank everyone in person (life has a habit of getting in the way of my intentions sometimes), so I'm hoping to catch more of you here.

Thanks again!

Jobie's Mom
supporter
Update:
784 hits on the Jobie pictures
2 new just added (total now 33)

Sorry, Larry, but no sales.

Happy viewing!
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4457) 9 years ago
Do the sales benefit milescity.com?
supporter
As I indicated in the original birthday post for Larry, although Larry said Jobie could have all the profit, we believe it's only fair to split any profits on the milescity.commer and will do so (50/50).

Karen

P.S. Now up to 959 total hits.

P.P.S. It is perhaps worthwhile to note that Jobie's share of the proceeds on the cards, as well as the proceeds on his book will go to help defray some of the costs of maintaining him, as well as his continuing cards/letters/e-mails to people which we do not charge for. To put this in perspective, I commute nearly 33 miles a day to take care of him and spend probably 10-12 hours a day minimum on "things Jobie". He consumes 8 pounds of carrots a day, various grains (around 350 pounds a month--varies based on season), vegetables/melons (16-20 pounds a day), 10-12 gallons of milk a day (calf replacement formula--makes him happy and continues his concept that people are his "herd", not to mention keeping his bones strong since the intent is that he not be slaughtered), as well as his supplements. (His current weight is estimated between 2500-3000 pounds--depends on who is guessing as he has never been weighed.) His hay is included in the rent I pay for his area. In other words, he is a not inexpensive project, but in my opinion, worth it. (Suggest you look at his book and come to your own conclusions on that--the Look Inside is available on Amazon).

[This message has been edited by Karen L. Morris (9/9/2012)]

supporter
Now up to 1446 "hits" at last check! No sales, but hopefully, lots of laughter. Just added two new ones (taken today). Enjoy!